PDA

View Full Version : If Cork are finished

SeanDrog
14/07/2009, 8:08 AM
I presume all their games will be cancelled from the records (for this season) and points won against them will be deducted, hence for example Drogs will lose 3 points :eek: (oh the oh so valauble 3 points) - would I be right?

Gareth
14/07/2009, 8:12 AM
The precedent of Dublin City would suggest if a club stops playing in the league mid-season, their games are struck from the record. The only exception I can see to this is if the team had played everyone home and away and then left.

pineapple stu
14/07/2009, 8:36 AM
On the other side, the automatic relegation spot would be filled.

seand
14/07/2009, 8:50 AM
On the other side, the automatic relegation spot would be filled.

But enough about Bohs, this thread is supposed to be about Cork

Dalymountrower
14/07/2009, 9:29 AM
But enough about Bohs, this thread is supposed to be about Cork

You just keep holding on to that wish Dorothy.

Jofspring
14/07/2009, 9:31 AM
I don't know whether this is the rule in League Of Ireland but it is for Junior. If a team fulfills over half their fixtures and then pulls out for whatever reason the points teams have picked up or lost against them stand, and any team left to play them for the rest of the season will be allocated the 3 points.

Dodge
14/07/2009, 9:33 AM
I think it was posted here before that the rules have been changed since Dublin City, and if all clubs have played Cork (which they have), they get some average of point won for the remaining games

Not 100% on how it works but Pats have earned 6 points from 3 games, so we'd get 2 points for the remaining game.

No clue if points are rounded up or down

Mr A
14/07/2009, 9:41 AM
The obvious thing to do would be to keep the first two rounds of fixtures and throw out everything after that.

Partizan
14/07/2009, 10:20 AM
Its not a question of 'If' Cork are finished, its a question of 'when'.

I honestly cant see any way back for them at this stage. They have 2 weeks to pay off €400,000. Short of robbing a bank and pimping out their women, where are they going to come up with the cash?

Dodge
14/07/2009, 10:24 AM
They have 2 weeks to come to an agreement with Revenue. A sizeable enough lump sum might be enough for them

Duggie
14/07/2009, 10:28 AM
Its not a question of 'If' Cork are finished, its a question of 'when'.

I honestly cant see any way back for them at this stage. They have 2 weeks to pay off €400,000. Short of robbing a bank and pimping out their women, where are they going to come up with the cash?

sonia o'sullivan ?

Longfordian
14/07/2009, 10:29 AM
Based on the Revenue's attitude towards other clubs in the recent past, ourselves included, I'd be very surprised if they'd take anything less than somewhere around €250- €300,000 up front. Not to mention that Cork will have forfeited any goodwill there may have been by bouncing cheques and having already been in examinership and done them out of a few hundred thousand on that occasion. They could see it as an opportunity to make an example of a club once and for all.

Schumi
14/07/2009, 10:32 AM
No clue if points are rounded up or down

I hope not. Bohs winning the league by 1/3 of a point would be another first for the league.

sadloserkid
14/07/2009, 12:47 PM
sonia o'sullivan ?

Of Cobh? Ramblers really did get screwed over last season it seems.

passerrby
14/07/2009, 3:34 PM
if a club leaves the league mid sesaon all it results are void so any club who has gained points would have them deducted.

redobit
15/07/2009, 9:05 AM
Based on the Revenue's attitude towards other clubs in the recent past, ourselves included, I'd be very surprised if they'd take anything less than somewhere around €250- €300,000 up front. Not to mention that Cork will have forfeited any goodwill there may have been by bouncing cheques and having already been in examinership and done them out of a few hundred thousand on that occasion. They could see it as an opportunity to make an example of a club once and for all.

Was thinking the same meself. Considering they keep arguing the figure and bouncing cheques the Revenue will have little patience or trust in anything else they might propose. It's siht or get off the pot stage.

Mr A
15/07/2009, 9:53 AM
The revenue aren't looking to make an example of anyone as far as I can see, they're just looking to protect the interests of the state from a company that have an absolutely horrendous record of non-compliance. With the DUFC examinership case last year we saw that the revenue aren't out to get LOI clubs particularly, even though they would be more than justified at this stage.

Schumi
15/07/2009, 10:30 AM
With the DUFC examinership case last year we saw that the revenue aren't out to get LOI clubs particularly, even though they would be more than justified at this stage.

Didn't the revenue turn down the offer Drogheda put to them but were over-ruled by the judge?

Mr A
15/07/2009, 10:33 AM
I don't think the revenue made any serious efforts to get Drogheda wound up. You could actually argue that from a general taxpayers point of view their attitude was somewhat disappointing.