PDA

View Full Version : cliche scenes in the movies

the scout
28/01/2004, 5:11 PM
why is it when in a movie when someone is shot with a silencer on the gun the victim always complies by dying quitely.think about it every time,"phut phut" and the guy just drops to the deck without as much a shout or a scream.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
in the movies when someone steps up to the microphone at a public
meeting or a demonstation there is always a burst of feedback cos they are too close to the mic.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
or a guy can be in a building with his back to the window preoccupied with attacking the good guy and he never hears the helicpter outside till its hovering just outside his window:D

SÓC
28/01/2004, 5:16 PM
See the Cop film recently with Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell. It is one very long (and boring cliche). Got everything. Evil Muslims. Evil French guys. Single Mother Cop who proves she's as good as the guys. Bad cop turns good, good cop turns bad. And great lines like; "Tell my Wife I lo......" cop dies.

the scout
28/01/2004, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
See the Cop film recently with Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell. It is one very long (and boring cliche). Got everything. Evil Muslims. Evil French guys. Single Mother Cop who proves she's as good as the guys. Bad cop turns good, good cop turns bad. And great lines like; "Tell my Wife I lo......" cop dies.

wow soccfc you paint a truly grim description of this movie,it sounds like "give it a serious miss job"tell my wife not to rent t his s..t !! "
the scout puts on sky sports 1

the 12 th man
29/01/2004, 7:20 AM
if someone is staying in a seedy motel or a kippy hotel you can always see the glow from the flashing motel sign in their bedroom.

in any movie the hero can always open any locked door with either a credit card or a bent paper clip.i have never heard of anybody ever opening a door with either in reality.

liamon
29/01/2004, 9:23 AM
Any shopping bag seen on screen has to contain carrots with long green leafy tops and a 3 ft baguette.

Single shot fom a tiny pistol can physically lift people and throw them 10 ft backwards.

During shoot out, cops hide behind opnen car door. Coz bullets can't pass through paper thin doors of cars?

Bad guys have european accents

So many more, but that'll do for now.

tiktok
29/01/2004, 9:54 AM
the family dog escapes from the burning house, collapsing mine shaft or whatever just in time

does people standing around applauding when the couple finally get to snogging count, i bloody hate that

the 12 th man
29/01/2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
[
does people standing around applauding when the couple finally get to snogging count, i bloody hate that [/B]

absolutely/

in scooby do the baddie always says at the end"if it wasnt for those pesky kids "as he is put in handcuffs

Peadar
29/01/2004, 10:11 AM
In car chases a truck always blocks the path of the chasing car.
They always seem to crash into a truck carrying chickens too.

the 12 th man
29/01/2004, 10:35 AM
when someone goes to a drive in mcdonalds there is never a que
they always just drive straight to the window.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
when someone goes into a bar or a gig to see a person they
know playing in a band.when they walk in, the band always finish
up almost immediately and the person they know on stage comes over to talk.argh!!!!!!

MikeW
29/01/2004, 11:28 AM
Goons getting knocked out with one punch. You know, if you were an evil genius you'd at least want to hire some goons that can stand up to a punch or two. It'd probably be high on the list of concerns at the interview, but apparently not in the movies.

On the other hand theres the head goon whos dead hard altogether. This guy is completely unaffected by punches to the face or body because he's so tough. These head goons obviously have had operations to kill the nerves in their face so that savage blows don't actually hurt anymore. The only way the hero can take this guy down is by kicking him in the groin.

Then theres the old favourite of bullets causing petrol tanks to explode. I think its been proven many times in reality that petrol hardly ever explodes when hit by a bullet. There needs to be some kind of spark generated when the bullet passes through the car, which is difficult to achieve. Believe me I know how difficult it is, just ask Louis Walsh why he keeps running out of petrol before he gets anywhere.

the 12 th man
29/01/2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by MikeW

Then theres the old favourite of bullets causing petrol tanks to explode. I think its been proven many times in reality that petrol hardly ever explodes when hit by a bullet. There needs to be some kind of spark generated when the bullet passes through the car, which is difficult to achieve. Believe me I know how difficult it is, just ask Louis Walsh why he keeps running out of petrol before he gets anywhere.

excellent behaviour !!!!!:D :D

Macy
29/01/2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by MikeW
Where's the proof.... That's one too far..... Surely the metal bullet going through the metal bodywork/tank creates a spark? You're also discounting the petrol spilling out of the tank on to the hot, moving parts of the car.... :)

b_mcsweeney
30/01/2004, 10:18 AM
lunatic serial killers almost invariably spout bible passages to 'prove' how insane they are. is it possible to be an insane, psycho serial killer without being a god botherer? hollywood says no.

nobodies even mentioned irish stereotypes in films, the charming roguish wife beating alcoholics. wheres me shillelagh? are ye after me pot of gold?

the 12 th man
30/01/2004, 10:54 AM
in a war movie involving a parachute jump,one of the soldiers always gets caught up a tree on the way down.about 50 percent of those that do get stuck get riddled by germans and the other
50 percent get killed by branches(broken neck etc)

patsh
30/01/2004, 11:15 AM
The "bad" guys in a film ALWAYS have either stubble/bad teeth or both.
When a bad guy/evil genius is going to kill someone they have to give a speech, which always gives the hero/heroine time to escape/be rescued.
Germans/Arabs/Russians always speak English in thick gutteral accents. French/Italians/Latinos speak English in cute endearing accents.
The President of America is a pure saint, always ready to do the right thing for the poor, downtrodden who suffer under the yoke of non-American oppression.
All American small towns are spotlessly clean, friendly places where every family has enormous healthy meals together, big gardens, a few cars, get up at 5 in the morning and has one seedy bar/pool saloon where the riff-raff and bad types hang out.
The riff-raff never have a job, live in a trailer, drive a souped up Chevvy and made the local tart pregnant when she was 16.

:D :D

tiktok
30/01/2004, 7:31 PM
i was wrong the last time, the worst is.......

Picture it, it's prom night and all the school are out in their finery, the DJ plays a cool (at time of production) song and the entire attendance break into a perfectly synchronised professional dance routine

it's enough to drive you mad....

the scout
30/01/2004, 7:52 PM
i was wrong the last time, the worst is.......

Picture it, it's prom night and all the school are out in their finery, the DJ plays a cool (at time of production) song and the entire attendance break into a perfectly synchronised professional dance routine

it's enough to drive you mad....

what do you mean tiktok ,did that not happen at your debs??????
love of god that always happens ,get with it will yeh:D

the 12 th man
02/02/2004, 8:46 AM
when the hero in the film gets fatally injured there is always time for him to give a little speech and say his goodbyes.anybody else in the film just dies immediately when shot.

sadloserkid
06/02/2004, 1:33 PM
My favourite cliche of the last year or so was that Vin Diesel movie 'A Man Apart'. Works as follows.

Vin, despite being a tough SOB, is a bit of a girl's blouse underneath it all. He's all happily loved up with his missus and he's soooo good that he won't even allow his partner to smoke a victory cigar on his porch after they ice hordes of South American drug dealers.

Said dealers deicde to execute retribution on Mr.Diesel. So they attack his house and kill his wife. Vin becomes... a man apart (which is so cleverly also the title of the movie). He starts to *gasp* drink and *gasp again* even smoke so that we can appreciate just how peeved off he is with the world in general. thos bad drug dealers better watch out...

tiktok
06/02/2004, 3:48 PM
the Vin Diesel 'hard man' bit put this into my head...

hero gets beaten to within an inch of his life by thugs, the love interest brings him back to her place to treat the wounds, he's been stabbed fifteen or sixteen times, but a drop of iodine on a cut makes him wince.:rolleyes:

the 12 th man
06/02/2004, 3:56 PM
hero gets beaten to within an inch of his life by thugs, the love interest brings him back to her place to treat the wounds, he's been stabbed fifteen or sixteen times, but a drop of iodine on a cut makes him wince.:rolleyes:

he then shags her senseless, and when he wakes up the next morning he has not a mark on him (maybe a tiny false bruise but nothing to represent the kicking he took the night before) :D

the scout
07/02/2004, 3:17 PM
in cowboy films when it comes to a duel.
the two guys shoot at the same time and the facial expression on the good guy always makes you think he has been shot,and the baddie always smiles because,suprise suprise he was the one who was shot and been mortally wounded and it always makes you smile.:D

the scout
08/02/2004, 6:57 PM
when the girl is getting chased by the monster /bad guy/wild animal/she always falls down and just cant get back up.

yur man
08/02/2004, 7:19 PM
or when time is runnin out for the good guys (usually seconds left) , yet they always manage to have a 3 minute discussion, shake hands and nod at each other before still makin it out in time

the 12 th man
09/02/2004, 6:49 AM
Originally posted by yur man
or when time is runnin out for the good guys (usually seconds left) , yet they always manage to have a 3 minute discussion, shake hands and nod at each other before still makin it out in time

and the bomb that is just about to go off always has a" red lcd display" on top of the bomb with huge numbers counting down.how helpfull of the bombers to give a countdown to the good guys/every time