PDA

View Full Version : Shels Game

Lamper.sffc
13/07/2009, 7:31 PM
This is a big one. We win we are back within touching distance. A draw or we lose then its advantage Shels all the way. Hope it will be a good game with plenty of Goals (all in Shels end of course) Cant wait.

GalwayRed
14/07/2009, 12:37 PM
Big game alright. A win would put us a strong position. I reckon we have a good chance of getting one. Our form of late has been very good. Although if offered it now I would take a draw. How have Fingal been playing recently. I know the results havent been great but what about the performances?

Fingal Fan
14/07/2009, 5:13 PM
This is a big game for both sides -a real 6 pointer . We have a really good record against Shels and I would be hopeful of a win . Even still a draw would not be a disaster . The will be a few twists and turns in this league before the end of the season .

De Town
14/07/2009, 5:15 PM
This is a big game for both sides -a real 6 pointer .

I think we call them 9 pointers in this league ;)

John83
14/07/2009, 7:15 PM
I think we call them 9 pointers in this league ;)
No one's obliged to field an unregistered player.

Lamper.sffc
15/07/2009, 1:05 AM
Big game alright. A win would put us a strong position. I reckon we have a good chance of getting one. Our form of late has been very good. Although if offered it now I would take a draw. How have Fingal been playing recently. I know the results havent been great but what about the performances?

Not good to be honest. The last half hour against Mons was decent though. If we can play more like that for the full 90 you will have a game on your hands. Plus some of our injuries are now starting to clear up so our defense is a lot stronger now.

GalwayRed
15/07/2009, 1:32 AM
Not good to be honest. The last half hour against Mons was decent though. If we can play more like that for the full 90 you will have a game on your hands. Plus some of our injuries are now starting to clear up so our defense is a lot stronger now.
Yeah I do reckon youre players wont need much motivation to play ourselves in Tolka either which is my main worry. Hopefully we continue our form of late.

Schumi
15/07/2009, 10:34 AM
We could do with a Fingal win here. Shels could be out of sight soon if they keep up this winning run.

Lamper.sffc
15/07/2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah I do reckon youre players wont need much motivation to play ourselves in Tolka either which is my main worry. Hopefully we continue our form of late.

We have been a Jekyl and Hyde team all season. Like a lot of people thought our team hasnt jelled like i would have hoped. Maybe it is a motivational thing combined with some big ego s, our constant injuries hasnt helped either. We never have the same side two games in a row. Zayed was left on the bench for the entire game against Monaghan, so read into that what you will.

On the plus side.
O Neil is back and looks lively while Conan and Kirby are a real threat to any team. These two will be the players shels should fear most. Mc Faul is starting to show his class after his injuries and williams has been good all season with a little dip of late. We now have two centerbacks for the first time in months and Mons created feck all against them. So im optimistic for the right result this friday.:o

Lamper.sffc
17/07/2009, 11:16 AM
Sporting Fingal FC Team Bulletin

League of Ireland First Division
Friday, 17th July (8pm)
Shelbourne v Sporting Fingal
Tolka Park

Stephen Paisley is in contention to feature for Sporting Fingal against league leaders Shelbourne on Friday night after recovering from an ankle injury which kept him out for the last ten weeks.

The return of the experienced centre-back for the meeting of the top two in the Division is a major plus for Fingal manager Liam Buckley, particularly at a time when defensive colleague and club captain Shaun Maher is still a week away from full fitness. Striker Robbie Doyle is the only other absentee with a knee injury.

Fingal got back to winning ways last week by inflicting a 4-0 defeat on Monaghan United at Morton Stadium and Buckley believes the same level of application will be required from his charges to extract points off the pace-setters.

“The effort from the lads last week was superb,” he said. “It took a bit of patience before we got the goals but I was always confident of making that vital first breakthrough.

“Shels are deservedly leading the pack at this point and I’m expecting a similarly tight game to the one we had against them in April when our one goal was the difference between the sides.

“There should be a good crowd at Tolka Park for this Dublin derby and our players will relish that type of occasion. We’ve had a decent run of late, bar the Finn Harps defeat, and the team is settling down after being ravaged by injuries in the first half of the campaign. We just need to sustain that level of performance.”

Winger Conan Byrne grabbed a hat-trick in the victory against Monaghan and is looking forward with excitement to the Shels fixture.

He said: “We’ve got back into the promotion race last weekend following the set-back at Finn Harps and the lads are really buzzing heading into this one.

“There is always very little between the sides in our matches against Shelbourne and one bit of quality could decide the outcome.”

Indeed, Shels have yet to overcome their North Dublin rivals in their five league meetings to date since Fingal entered the League of Ireland last season.
Great news for us about Paisley and Maher. Our injury worries are coming to an end, finally.

GalwayRed
17/07/2009, 10:01 PM
Thats a great win weve picked up tonight. Keeps us in a verystrong position. Disappointed to miss it. How was the match? Who were the better team?

Lamper.sffc
17/07/2009, 11:00 PM
Thats a great win weve picked up tonight. Keeps us in a verystrong position. Disappointed to miss it. How was the match? Who were the better team?

Yous deserved the win in fairnes. Both teams started brightly with sporting just shading it. We missed a penalty and it seemed to knock us a bit. Shels finished the half the stronger. You hit us with the goal in the first minute of the second half and we where crap after that. We created feck all while yous defended well and looked the more dangerous. So no moans from me the better team overall won. Cant see you losing it now so id say its a battle for the playoff places for us but secretly all always keep a faint hope unitll its mathematically impossible.
Great atmosphere created by shels fans tonight.

GalwayRed
17/07/2009, 11:04 PM
Yous deserved the win in fairnes. Both teams started brightly with sporting just shading it. We missed a penalty and it seemed to knock us a bit. Shels finished the half the stronger. You hit us with the goal in the first minute of the second half and we where crap after that. We created feck all while yous defended well and looked the more dangerous. So no moans from me the better team overall won. Cant see you losing it now so id say its a battle for the playoff places for us but secretly all always keep a faint hope unitll its mathematically impossible.
Great atmosphere created by shels fans tonight.
Yeah I suppose were probably favourites now but theres still along way to go. We still have a lot of tricky fixtures ahead of us. Delighted with this win though. We owed you one by now.