PDA

View Full Version : waterford harps game off plus athlone longford town

Martinho II
11/07/2009, 5:31 PM
just got confirmation just now that our game was called off. Our game was called off at ten to six. Pitch was wet but not unplayable according to ash.. Only 2 of the officials turned up and Cronin was in the refs ear apparently as he wanted the game off as we were strugglin with players.Thats my take of it..

CSFShels
11/07/2009, 5:53 PM
Chuffed about the Waterford 1, specially with Harps having played Fingal last week, and Ipswich in midweek, and more than anything else, 5 points ahead of Waterford is alot better than 2 points ahead with a game in hand.

Martinho II
12/07/2009, 6:08 PM
heard just now that our refixture could take a few weeks as the clubs are in disagreement over a suitable date..:(

Sam_Heggy
12/07/2009, 9:59 PM
heard just now that our refixture could take a few weeks as the clubs are in disagreement over a suitable date..:(

At least your fixture can be played midweek unlike ours which will most likely be played on August Bank holiday Monday.

stann
13/07/2009, 12:23 AM
Not a chance, Sam.
We're at UCD for the EA Sports Cup semi that Tuesday.
Was going to suggest it might have been the Shels game but I see since that you're at Tolka a few days before, they'd hardly play them so close together?

DRDoc
13/07/2009, 12:23 AM
At least your fixture can be played midweek unlike ours which will most likely be played on August Bank holiday Monday.

Seeing as Waterford play the next day, tuesday, Id have my doubts about that

Enruoblehs
13/07/2009, 7:00 AM
Not a chance, Sam.
Was going to suggest it might have been the Shels game but I see since that you're at Tolka a few days before, they'd hardly play them so close together?

The Harps v Shels game has been refixed for Saturday, August 15th.

Sam_Heggy
13/07/2009, 8:55 AM
Not a chance, Sam.

Possiily the Sunday then so, there is not a hope in hell of us travelling down mid-week so unless fixtures get moved about then things will get tricky.

stann
13/07/2009, 3:04 PM
Nope!
We're at Mervue on the 1st, which is a Saturday I think?
And there's no way that they'll move that to the Friday and make us play Friday-Sunday-Tuesday.

Am afraid it will be mid-week, Tuesday 28th July is what I'm hearing.

(you're right, Enruoblehs, I did hear that about the Shels game on Aug 15th before alright, hadn't the head on fully there)

blue til i die
13/07/2009, 5:25 PM
Last Saturday’s crucial clash with Finn Harps at the RSC, which fell foul of the torrential downpours which fell on the city all day, has today been re-fixed by the FAI.

The game will now take place on Tuesday, July 28th, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Raheny Red
14/07/2009, 11:23 AM
Possiily the Sunday then so, there is not a hope in hell of us travelling down mid-week so unless fixtures get moved about then things will get tricky.

Moving fixtures so you don't have to travel midweek?! Get a grip.

harps1954
14/07/2009, 11:43 AM
Last Saturday’s crucial clash with Finn Harps at the RSC, which fell foul of the torrential downpours which fell on the city all day, has today been re-fixed by the FAI.

The game will now take place on Tuesday, July 28th, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Although Harps have objected to this date, Michael Hayes in the FAI has insisted that the game go ahead on this date.

Battery Rover
14/07/2009, 4:30 PM
Athlone Town vs Longford Town re-arranged for Tuesday 21st july Kick off 7.45pm

De Town
14/07/2009, 4:37 PM

Balls I'm gonna be away :mad:

Battery Rover
14/07/2009, 5:10 PM

Was just checking dates of our games and our last home game was on the 5th June. So a total of 47 days without gate income before we play Longford.

DRDoc
14/07/2009, 5:45 PM
Although Harps have objected to this date, Michael Hayes in the FAI has insisted that the game go ahead on this date.

Happens every few weeks that clubs object and dont get their way - so hopefully no moaning from harps on this