PDA

View Full Version : When will the club wake up and realise!!!!!!

Green&whitearmy
11/07/2009, 12:13 PM
This is not the first time there has been an incident in the grounds, the floodlights, the PA system and now the wall falling over and injuring people, Whats next??????
It seems the ground is getting more run down every week, shabby walls, hundreds of broken seats, a sh!tty tent for us and a useless hill which seems to be the only thing kept looking well with the grass cut every week.

I love the club and all but the way things are going its hard to see why i do, the ground in ruins and not even winning on the pitch. When will the club wake up and see things have to be done and a proper job done not a half arse job. They'll say theres no money but you cant keep slacking on safety when so many people are using the ground.

What do other people think and what do they think should be done?

Seagull
11/07/2009, 1:54 PM
This is not the first time there has been an incident in the grounds, the floodlights, the PA system and now the wall falling over and injuring people, Whats next??????
It seems the ground is getting more run down every week, shabby walls, hundreds of broken seats, a sh!tty tent for us and a useless hill which seems to be the only thing kept looking well with the grass cut every week.

I love the club and all but the way things are going its hard to see why i do, the ground in ruins and not even winning on the pitch. When will the club wake up and see things have to be done and a proper job done not a half arse job. They'll say theres no money but you cant keep slacking on safety when so many people are using the ground.

What do other people think and what do they think should be done?

The wall didn't just fall down. A crowd of people surged down, pushing against a three foot high wall- it gave way, that's what happens. I wonder how people are allowed stand in that area there though where ther are no seats?

naoise kennedy
11/07/2009, 2:37 PM
The wall didn't just fall down. A crowd of people surged down, pushing against a three foot high wall- it gave way, that's what happens. I wonder how people are allowed stand in that area there though where ther are no seats?

Does the fai rule not state that no fans are allowed stand ie all fans should be seated but saying that when there is a goal mouth incident people always stand up and maybe move forward especially when they score..
i'm not trying to put blame on some party but they did surge forward as any team would do but the wall should have survived, it was not hundreds surgeing forward after all..

The Fox
11/07/2009, 4:11 PM
As i understand it you are supposed to be seated at a match these days - those however many that were involved 100? or so obviously werent seated. Whose fault is that? - well the stewards should insist that they sit down at any match - aided by the gardai (who i might add are next to useless at the matches - they always seem to avoid all the trouble - last night it took Micheal O'Niell to encourage the rovers fans back to their seats - is it really his job? as 12 Gaurds stood by doing nothing!)

Secondly if enough people surge at anything it will fall down - from my memory that wall is newish 5 years old? Are people suggesting that clubs invest in re-enforced mass concrete walls that should never fall down?
If the wall was very strong and hadnt fallen down would someone have been crushed against it and possibly been more seriously injured?

Thirdly they encroached onto the pitch from what i saw ever before the wall fell down. I think it was Bohs fans that did a pitch invasion a couple of seasons back and Bohs were fined for failing to control their fans - its a similar principal applied here as the flares and rolls of paper.

KR's Post
11/07/2009, 7:31 PM
Can i just say... This could've happened anywhere! Look at Finn Park, jesus flancare was thrown together and altough looks great there are alot of cracks and crevices around it. Just examples. This wall was built in and around 97/98 i think?? Maybe replaced since? I dunno. But i know if Jack o neill or anybody thought it was unsafe then it would've bin replaced. H&S first. So when the fai did there inspection for the licencing, why was this not spotted??? They have fallen down there which maybe goes to show you. are other grounds dangerous? Will this happen somewhere else in the near future? From the news clip on Rte there was at least 2 maybe 3 rovers fans on the pitch who had jumped the wall and then the wall collapsed... Investigation under way so lets see what comes out of it. Jesus the Bray People will have field day. Probs more on the incident than the match!

The Fox
11/07/2009, 7:50 PM
Which news was it on - i woiuldnt mind a second look on the Real player?
Thanks

KR's Post
11/07/2009, 8:01 PM
rte. Sports bulletin at 6

The Fox
11/07/2009, 8:39 PM
Thanks. The quality of the RTE clip was very poor, but you can clearly see 2 Rovers fans on the pitch and then turning around to look back. I would think that by the laws of Physics for somebody to be injured by the wall falling onto the pitch - then they would already have to be on the pitch themselves, or have got caught up in the surge and got trampled on.

naoise kennedy
11/07/2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks. The quality of the RTE clip was very poor, but you can clearly see 2 Rovers fans on the pitch and then turning around to look back. I would think that by the laws of Physics for somebody to be injured by the wall falling onto the pitch - then they would already have to be on the pitch themselves, or have got caught up in the surge and got trampled on.

Just watched that clip, rovers fans were clearly on the pitch before the wall fell and then looked back when the wall fell so yes they infringed the pitch first .. very interested to see who gets the blame.. but why was their so many fans down there standing when there was no seating in half of that area..

Joe Strummer
12/07/2009, 12:33 PM
but why was their so many fans down there standing when there was no seating in half of that area..

Because nobody moved them on or told them they could not stand in that section.