PDA

View Full Version : Time to Focus

clubman
11/07/2009, 9:23 AM
With our European adventure now behind us it's time to get serious. Last night's results have thrown up some real surprises and our position on the league table becomes more and more of a worry. From here on in it's crucial that we get our act together with our home fixtures starting tomorrow night. Realistically our season balances on the performances of our two new signings. In the ideal world these lads deserve time and a couple of games to get into the swing of things but the manner in which the clubs around us are improving result-wise then we too have to get in there where it hurts and start to grind the the wins required. Recent games, most notably the 2 Euro encounters and the Drogheda game we failed miserably to convert our chances. There's no doubt we have the quality to create the chances it's just getting the ball across the white line that's the problem right now. My first impression of Turner is that he'll do a good job for us. He's strong, not afraid to put himself about and these are two of the finest qualities of a centre forward in the LOI. Time will tell if he can convert the half chance that there's no doubt will fall on him from time to time during games. The reports on Blinkhorn are even more encouraging so hopefully Cookie has got the little piece of luck he certainly deserves as it's an area of the game that is avoiding us of late.
Tomorrow's game has the hallmark of being a bit of everything. Our boys are sure to be tired after their treck across Europe. Cork will certainly not relish the prospect of coming here again as they know first hand what we're capable of. The pressure is on both sides to gain a result so I'd expect somewhat a slow nervy start to this one. The key will be which team will be most focused on the job at hand. A huge task for Paul and Gerry but I've every confidence in these two men and I feel we'll carry it through.

rovers100%
11/07/2009, 12:20 PM
well with the buzz around after europe lets try to keep it going and get a good crowd in the showgrounds tomorrow. everyone will be telling stories to friends today about our great trip so lets try and and get a few more bodies through the gate.