PDA

View Full Version : rovers match

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 10:20 PM
firstly hope nobody was seriously injured when the wall collapsed, best regards to anybody that was injured.. now the match

we deserved a point, skippy was unlucky that he dropped the ball, i said last week and again now knight should not be on that pitch, he had a chance to clear that ball but he passed it to a rovers player instead. yes other players could have it sooner but he had the last chance..
other wish it was a very good match, we played some great football even though some of the passing was that was meant for our players did not make it..massey when he came back to left back was much stronger, shane o neill looks very good and again mulcahy and brennan were very impressive..

centre mid
10/07/2009, 10:28 PM
Knight would look uncomfortable in the LSL, I actually thought rovers were quite poor tonight, long ball seemed to be their only tactic, very little width. We created enough chances to win tonight IMO, two defensive blunders allowed rovers in tonight.

superfrank
10/07/2009, 10:33 PM
I thought Knight had a shocker. He made mistakes right from the beginning and he had a terrible miss at the end. Why was Massey at left-wing when Coughlan's on the bench?

centre mid
10/07/2009, 10:36 PM
With Kavanagh & Chris not available I suppose the midfield was quite weak, Knight could be less damage at the back.

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 10:43 PM
I thought Knight had a shocker. He made mistakes right from the beginning and he had a terrible miss at the end. Why was Massey at left-wing when Coughlan's on the bench?

Forgot about that miss,, can't understand that myself, how he got left back and putting massey out of his place and then leaving coughlan on the bench,, another one of eddie wonderfull decisions ..

The Fox
10/07/2009, 10:52 PM
Firstly - hope nobody was seriously hurt.

Thought we played well especially in the second half. On the team selection i guess Paddy must be a done deal as he didnt feature. If thats the case i wish him well and hopefully the money can be freed to sign 2 or 3 players - we need attacking options big time. I dont think paddy has scored this season and with injuries etc it is a year since we have seen real form from him. Gary Mc Cabe has been doing much more damage lately and we missed him tonight.
Tactically I think we need to have a solid back 4 - Massey and Penders best positions are full back and they should be there and not on the wing. We need to start scraping a few one-nils.
The bench was light weight - where was foresyth? and the decision to let flood go still baffles me.
We need to sign a couple and we need our best 11 on the park, the players have been playing well apart from the defensive blunders - we need a good shape and a solid back 4 to give ourselves a chance.

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 11:08 PM
Firstly - hope nobody was seriously hurt.

Thought we played well especially in the second half. On the team selection i guess Paddy must be a done deal as he didnt feature. If thats the case i wish him well and hopefully the money can be freed to sign 2 or 3 players - we need attacking options big time. I dont think paddy has scored this season and with injuries etc it is a year since we have seen real form from him. Gary Mc Cabe has been doing much more damage lately and we missed him tonight.
Tactically I think we need to have a solid back 4 - Massey and Penders best positions are full back and they should be there and not on the wing. We need to start scraping a few one-nils.
The bench was light weight - where was foresyth? and the decision to let flood go still baffles me.
We need to sign a couple and we need our best 11 on the park, the players have been playing well apart from the defensive blunders - we need a good shape and a solid back 4 to give ourselves a chance.

totally agree massey and pender should in defense, forsyth was walking around no mention of any injury to him, maybe he'll get a chance now if byrne is out with a ham string injury that three weeks out..

Hulsey
11/07/2009, 12:59 AM
totally agree massey and pender should in defense, forsyth was walking around no mention of any injury to him, maybe he'll get a chance now if byrne is out with a ham string injury that three weeks out..

Heard a rumour that he fell out with Gormley, so if thats true more likely to be frozen out then get a chance

naoise kennedy
11/07/2009, 6:11 AM
Heard a rumour that he fell out with Gormley, so if thats true more likely to be frozen out then get a chance

Great !!!!! another player to fall out with eddie, thats adding to an already huge list, i wonder who's the problem here!!!!!!!!!!

mightyseagull
11/07/2009, 2:48 PM
Great !!!!! another player to fall out with eddie, thats adding to an already huge list, i wonder who's the problem here!!!!!!!!!!

Just to add fuel to your fire i heard off a very reliable source that Paddy called for a meeting on monday with gormley to tel him he wanted a transfere to rovers.

Eddie done the usual and told the player where to go, told him he would never play for the club again and would be left on the sidelines till the end of the season.

My reading into this is that Paddy is still a Bray player and will be until the end of the season and then he will move onto Rovers and bray will get NO MONEY for him

PS this source originally told me paddy was training with Bray and would be signing for them long before word got out

naoise kennedy
11/07/2009, 10:33 PM
Just to add fuel to your fire i heard off a very reliable source that Paddy called for a meeting on monday with gormley to tel him he wanted a transfere to rovers.

Eddie done the usual and told the player where to go, told him he would never play for the club again and would be left on the sidelines till the end of the season.

My reading into this is that Paddy is still a Bray player and will be until the end of the season and then he will move onto Rovers and bray will get NO MONEY for him

PS this source originally told me paddy was training with Bray and would be signing for them long before word got out

Ok paddy is going to rovers next year, but why does eddie have to drop him for the rest of the season and put knight on to push massey to mid.
surely paddy in his position and leaving massey in his position would be of more benefit to the club.. or does eddie think of himself and not his club..