PDA

View Full Version : Censorship

joeSoap
27/01/2004, 7:57 PM
Does it annoy anybody else that you can't mention a club like s****horpe united without having to split it-scu nthorpe united? Or when anyone mentoned the lad nwankwo playing with cork last season you would have had to do something similar, but for some reason now you don't??
Blatant favouritism towards Cork players if you ask me, this being a predominately Leeside orientated messageboard??:D :D

the scout
31/01/2004, 6:46 AM
Originally posted by joeSoap
Or when anyone mentoned the lad nwankwo playing with cork last season

didnt spain have someone playing at the back with a ridiculous name as well (either a body part or function)

holland had a lad called coeck/then there was someone called lopez ufarte,nicky butt,bernard lang$r i suppose you could go on all day

jofyisgod
01/02/2004, 10:41 AM
The best one is that Paraguian(?) bloke, called Arse.

The censorship on here is a bit harsh. It's like living in America.

Sheridan
01/02/2004, 12:38 PM
Not to mention the Brazilian defender Argelico Fuc*s, who famously inspired the headline "Fuc*s off to Benfica."

pineapple stu
01/02/2004, 6:39 PM
Brian Pinas was a Dutch international. Rafael Scheidt recently returned to Celtic after going back home to Brazil on loan. The legendary Julian Dicks of course. Julio Arca for Sunderland and Francisco Arce for Paraguay. Uwe Fuchs was a German international. David Seaman...

The list goes on!

gustavo
01/02/2004, 7:22 PM
back in the mid 90s there was the german international stefan kuntz who inspired this brilliant passage of commentary from Barry Davies at Euro 96 (feel free to corect me i only remember it from seeing it on Fantasy Football at the time)

Barry : and Germany would really have to considered amongts the favourites for tournament ...........( cue 5 seconds silence during which Stefan recieves the bal )......................... Kuntz ....)

the 12 th man
02/02/2004, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by gustavo

Barry : and Germany would really have to considered amongts the favourites for tournament ...........( cue 5 seconds silence during which Stefan recieves the bal )......................... Kuntz ....) :

:D superb:D

pineapple stu
02/02/2004, 12:36 PM
Was watching Norway-Ireland in US'94 in Germany - they had a winger called Mini, whose name the commentator got wrong - "Jetzt Miki...Mini...Mini Miki!"

gustavo
02/02/2004, 12:57 PM
or wolfgang wolf who used to manage of course wolfsburg

eoinh
02/02/2004, 1:08 PM
And of course last season when the champions league qualifiers were drawn we all asked the question "Will Bohs be able to master Bate".

And of couse they did ! Sure arent they a crowd of ******* :p