PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever jersey

Pages : [1] 2

TheRealRovers
27/01/2004, 7:42 PM
The worst ever eL jersey got to be that Harps bright yellow away one that they had out a few years back closely followed by all Galway's home one's and our yellow and black hooped one from '98.
Any more?

pineapple stu
27/01/2004, 9:38 PM
That Cork one which was a mixture of purple, black and red stripes. Shamrock Rovers also had a purple stripe away kit at one stage.

EireBadBoy
27/01/2004, 11:20 PM
ANY Drogheda one..........:D

max power
28/01/2004, 11:07 AM
current cork home jersey

paudie
28/01/2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
That Cork one which was a mixture of purple, black and red stripes.

I presume you mean the green, red and white striped gear. Not very easy on the eye but we've good memories of it.

We wore it when we beat Cwmbran in the European Cup in our one and only two legged win in euro competition.

BillyConway
28/01/2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by max power
current cork home jersey

**** you our jersey is the bet in the league.

max power
28/01/2004, 12:33 PM
eh well don't like it

Dodge
28/01/2004, 12:33 PM
last years Bohs and next year's Cork

max power
28/01/2004, 12:40 PM
no i think the new home one looks like a mayo gaa jersey, i don't think o'neills put enough effort in to their designs

liamon
28/01/2004, 12:51 PM
The CCFC pyjama top has to be the worst by a long way.
I'm not too sure about the new CCFC one.
I'm holding off commenting it until after I get one for my birthday.

Anyway, has to be better than the all in one kit being worn by Cameroon(?) in the African Nations Cup at present.
I don't fancy watching those guys trying to swap jerseys at the end of a match......:eek:

Schumi
28/01/2004, 1:11 PM
Cork's old stripey one was awful but I think their away jersey next season is on a par!

tiktok
28/01/2004, 1:55 PM
i love that old stripey green/red/white city shirt

....although i will admit that the new away jersey could be up there, but harps 'high visibility safety jacket' luminous yellow shirts and socks are the worst i've seen.

liamon
28/01/2004, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
i love that old stripey green/red/white city shirt

Coz it's the only jersey you own, ya cheapskate.

Sandro
28/01/2004, 4:32 PM
BEST
Galway 94-95 (adidas/mcdonalds) maybe it's because it's the only jersey I have
Drogheda 95-96 (umbro/penneys)
Shamrock 95-96 (tennents/le coq sportif it was the same the next year)

WORST
Derry away 95-96 (jade and black striped jerseys, white shorts and stockings)
Kilkenny away 96-96 (yellow sky with claret and white trim)
Longford 95-96 (red with black trim - and pat the baker as sponsor - same next year)
Harps and Drogheda 96-97 (umbro pijiama style)
Athlone 96-97 (amateurs jersey supplied by Remo)
Sligo 99-2000 (both home and away )
Ucd, Monaghan and Home Farm Fingal (horrible oneills kit with stars on sleeves)
Cobh 2001-2 (probably the ever worst)
Dundalk Monaghan Ucd (horrible oneills design)
Monaghan 96-97 (Champions milk huge sponsor and weird diamonds on sleeves)

pineapple stu
28/01/2004, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Sandro
Ucd, Monaghan and Home Farm Fingal (horrible oneills kit with stars on sleeves)

:D Love that top - played in Europe in it! Plus our Superleague team had the same kit!

On the subject of best kits, I quite liked our home one last season.

Sandro
28/01/2004, 5:07 PM
as for UCD I like most of them, love the blue sky colour (I support Lazio!) and I think the orange suits it. But don't really like weird design as stars on sleev, football is tradition, think of those excellent/awful 70's shirts
I liked the 95-96, anyway, the one with the Bud sponsor in orange
What will the new one look like? The away colours? Where to get one?

TheRealRovers
28/01/2004, 5:15 PM
It’s not eL but that pink Juventus away one from a few years back. But any kit in claret and blue is rotten like Galway, Drogheda or Cobh

B-Stand
28/01/2004, 5:34 PM
Surprised nobody has mentioned our grey/white away jersey from circa 92/93. Once described as though a pigeon had sh1t on it:eek: also described as having a 'newspaper' design.

Strangely enough, it's now considered something of a cult jersey.

Bosco
28/01/2004, 7:07 PM
I hate our new jersey this season(one we wore in the final).Maybe i'l get used to it the more we wear it.It looks like a fake ac milan jersey basically

RedX
28/01/2004, 8:36 PM
Jealous as ever Dodge...i have never seen a fan that supports St Pats or any other eircom league club more interested in another club like you to Cork City FC.Why is that Dodge?:confused:

By the way Citys home jersey is selling by the THOUSAND..

RedX
28/01/2004, 8:41 PM
By the way worst jersey i can remember is probably Longford Towns...

Best jerseys(besides CCFC) St Pats dark away gear,Derrys home gear...

Pauro 76
28/01/2004, 8:46 PM
Worst: Remember that early 90s $he£$ kit, the one that tried to rip off the Liverpool blotchy design when they won the championship, made by ONeills. also the Umbro one that looked like an England kit in red. ... speaking of O'Neills, the UCD/Monaghan/Dundalk stars on sleeves kits were woeful. and Pat's Ajax rip-off effort. Cork's mid 90s stripey pyjamas, Rovers yellow and black hoops.

Best: I actually quite liked the Finn Harps flourescent yellow ones!!! Longford Town's Errea home kit (not too mad on the new one meself), Cork's old red le coq sportif one, the one before last season, Waterford's current Nike one, and Bohs red and black adidas mid 90s...

Martinho II
28/01/2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by RedX
By the way worst jersey i can remember is probably Longford Towns...

Best jerseys(besides CCFC) St Pats dark away gear,Derrys home gear...

what season did that jersey come out in and who made it?

Martinho II
28/01/2004, 11:45 PM
sorry i meant to say Longford towns effort?

Sandro
29/01/2004, 8:25 AM
It’s not eL but that pink Juventus away one from a few years back.

That was the first ever jersey Juventus wore when they were founded. Same colours as Palermo, seems they were chosen because they used to alternate good and bad games but it looks like it was only because of bad washing...

Dodge
29/01/2004, 9:06 AM
Originally posted by RedX
Jealous as ever Dodge...i have never seen a fan that supports St Pats or any other eircom league club more interested in another club like you to Cork City FC.Why is that Dodge?:confused:

By the way Citys home jersey is selling by the THOUSAND..
So all the Bohs, Longford, Rovers, Derry and UCD fans that have said its disgusting are the same....

And does the fact I think Bohs is as bad mean I'm as obsessed with them...

Get a grip man. I'm delighted its selling well and I love seeing anybody in an eL shirt out and about BUT Cork's new jersies are ****ing horrible looking. Even some of your own fans have said so...

max power
29/01/2004, 9:10 AM
agree with dodge, its one of the jerseys that has got the most emntions on this thread, face is Cork fans its just not very nice ( and thats putting it nicely)

SÓC
29/01/2004, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Bosco
I hate our new jersey this season(one we wore in the final).Maybe i'l get used to it the more we wear it.It looks like a fake ac milan jersey basically

Do they all have the club crest/sponsor just painted(like not raised) or was that just the first batch out in time for the cup final?

RedX
29/01/2004, 10:00 AM
MARTINHO...every year to be quiet honest Longfords jersey would win the award...

Dodge...face the facts..you misss Pat Dolan so much ;)

Macy
29/01/2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Do they all have the club crest/sponsor just painted(like not raised) or was that just the first batch out in time for the cup final?
Yeah, but I really don't see the problem.... The errea ones had shíte badges that faded and shrank. Prefer it printed, than shíte quality sown on ones.

max power
29/01/2004, 10:37 AM
don't agree, printed looks cheap simple as that for me.

pineapple stu
29/01/2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Sandro
What will the new one look like? The away colours? Where to get one?

Haven't seen the new kit - it'll be whatever O'Neill's new standard design is though. Home colour is to be more or less the same shade of blue as this year's, I think. Away colour is green. Available at the ground or in the UCD Sports Centre whenever O'Neill's get around to it. So 2005 sometime...

Ringo
29/01/2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by max power
don't agree, printed looks cheap simple as that for me.

Our shirt was printed last year. This years will be badges though. The difference was ours retailed @€25.99 so it was hard to slag off at that price. Why does everyone still work with rip off O’Neill’s, is it just laziness? The stuff isn’t Irish made , no matter what the GAA tell everyone.

max power
29/01/2004, 1:14 PM
yeah when i saw the shirt up close at the cup final i wasn't impressed with the printing of the crest at all, if it is embroided on the one worn this season then i will buy it , otherwise i'll wear the old one, i like it better.

tammy
30/01/2004, 10:23 AM
Maybe im being a bit biased,but i think Kildare County's home jersey is the nicest in the league.But just to balance things out,our grey away one is the most disgusting thing iv ever seen.We didnt see much of it last year,thank good!:D

Roo69
30/01/2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
The worst ever eL jersey got to be that Harps bright yellow away one that they had out a few years back closely followed by all Galway's home one's and our yellow and black hooped one from '98.
Any more?

We have supposedly got a new jersey coming out this season - Green and Lime strpies ! bleedin brutal ! it was newcastle 3rd strip for last season but they wouldnt wear it so apperantley were taking it. Dont like the sounds of that what so ever

EireBadBoy
31/01/2004, 5:17 AM
Originally posted by tammy
Maybe im being a bit biased,but i think Kildare County's home jersey is the nicest in the league.But just to balance things out,our grey away one is the most disgusting thing iv ever seen.We didnt see much of it last year,thank good!:D

Ahhhh you see, wearing a Grey one the Players won't see each other!!!

Magnier owes me €1,000,000 for posting that!! :D

TheRealRovers
31/01/2004, 12:51 PM
The away looks like they stole it from Dublin gaa. Terrible

Gypos New Jersey (http://www.bohemians.ie/jersey.htm)

Pauro 76
31/01/2004, 2:54 PM
I like the new Bohs home one, but urrghhh the away one, is that a Dub or Bohs kit, truly awful..

Pauro 76
31/01/2004, 3:12 PM
O'Neills bashing seems to be popular, but if your talking bad kits.... how about a GAAH effort by Gaelic Gear, Wexford's... a purple and yellow headache inducing effort.....urghh...

Martinho II
31/01/2004, 3:51 PM
I think Shels shirt last season(home) was horrible.(the one with the dash of blue at the side) Shamrock Rovers home jersey from the mid nineties,Corks home jersey before they changed their colours of their jersey?

Oh CCFC how long will ye have the home green jersey before ya change colours again? I have never saw a club change the colour of thei jerseys so often! :rolleyes:

Ringo
31/01/2004, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
I like the new Bohs home one, but urrghhh the away one, is that a Dub or Bohs kit, truly awful..

Is the away one grey? They seem to be confused as to who their sponsor is.

EireBadBoy
31/01/2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers
The away looks like they stole it from Dublin gaa. Terrible

Gypos New Jersey (http://www.bohemians.ie/jersey.htm)

And whats the story with the 'Bohemians Of Dublin' on the sleeve of the Away top?

Ringo
01/02/2004, 8:12 AM
Trying to be the "Team from Dublin". O'Neills obviously feel the whole Dublin City thing is effecting them. Need to strike back.

Aberdonian Stu
01/02/2004, 1:28 PM
The new Bohs away is a blatantly obvious copy of the Dublin GAA one.

As for the jerseys with stars on their sleeves how can anyone not like them tbey were class.

Pauro 76
01/02/2004, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by Aberdonian Stu
As for the jerseys with stars on their sleeves how can anyone not like them tbey were class.

Yeah UCD had more stars on their shirts rather than on the pitch! ;)

gael353
01/02/2004, 6:44 PM
ads cant belive ye'd suggest that o'neills would rip off an idea from another sports company ;) limerick havnt had too many bad ones but i remember years ago when our clubhouse was burnt down and all our kits in it, o'neills were the only ones who could provide a kit on time for a cup match we had so we got the monaghan kit with no crest. we also had an umbro one...blue jersey with red collers and red tabs on the blue socks...are we rangers in disguise??? our away green one of two years ago was fuked up too cos of a blue crest on it. yea that gypsies away looks dodge big time.

Aberdonian Stu
01/02/2004, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
Yeah UCD had more stars on their shirts rather than on the pitch! ;)

My God is the most imaginative comment a mind deprived of a university education and goalkeeping skills can come up with!!!

If you're going to slag us you should at least have the decency to come up with something original.

lefty
02/02/2004, 10:39 AM
Do you mean the new UCD away jersey is Green? What the f*ck. I remember we used to have a red jersey for an away one but green, who came up with that bright idea??? And i think the nicest jersey from last year has to be UCDs away or Bohs away. How well miss the away jersey.... And worst has to be Longford.

The Harps jersey from years ago was a great idea. It meant that Harps fans could be seen walking home down the oul country lanes after a few jars of Uncle Arthurs down the local drinking hole! Road deaths after Harps games must have been down loads.

Imagine if UCD had a jersey like that, we would all be mistaken for corpo workers, all we would need would be the shovels :eek:

pineapple stu
02/02/2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by lefty
Imagine if UCD had a jersey like that, we would all be mistaken for corpo workers, all we would need would be the shovels :eek:

We did have a jersey like that! It was Bazza Ryan's keeper's jersey, and we called it The Floodlight. In fact, Bald Student robbed a corpo worker's jacket and wrote "Bazza 1" on the back!