PDA

View Full Version : Doolin Soaked!

CarrickFan
09/07/2009, 3:49 PM
Read in one of the papers today about Paul Doolin getting a pint thrown over him after the defeat to Pats...very dissapointing to see stories like that..totally understand fans get frustrated with managers and players but thats not the way to deal with it..it only feeds the negative image some people have of the League of Ireland and Soccer fans in general.

Longfordian
09/07/2009, 3:50 PM
Thought that said Doolin sacked for minute..

Dunny
09/07/2009, 3:50 PM
I'm sure Cork fans were delighted until they realised it says "soaked"..:p

Salmon Coloured
09/07/2009, 4:16 PM
Ah the old Pint over the head or into the face. One of the worlds mightiest yet ignorant expressions of a point of view. Or pint of view....................

seand
09/07/2009, 5:00 PM

Likewise... and the award for most disappointingly misleading thread title of the year goes to...

TheBoss
09/07/2009, 5:28 PM
I think it is a bit over the top.

Sheridan
09/07/2009, 5:33 PM
It's good, but it's not quite on par with Alan Reynolds having his windscreen smashed or getting headbutted in a pub.

eelmonster
09/07/2009, 6:30 PM
I expect a stout response from the Cork board, it should be last orders for those lager louts.

CarrickFan
09/07/2009, 6:34 PM
I expect a stout response from the Cork board, it should be last orders for those lager louts.

Terrible!!!!:)

Big Ears
09/07/2009, 8:35 PM
Terrible!!!!:)

Ah he had to get it in........before the thread gets locked.

Penfold
09/07/2009, 9:10 PM
Disgusting behaviour alright. Full page article about it in the Sun today. Doolin brought up the incident a few years ago where Dan Connor's leg was on the recieving end of a broken vodka bottle form cork fans when Drogheda were visiting the cross - still has the scars to show too.

Hard to know what Cork Fans are about. I've been to few of their games and booing their own team off seems to be par for the course. Doolin was straight with them when he took over He said winning the league was not a priority. Considering his tenure is about getting results while the club is in Financial free fall, he seems to be doing ok.
There's a lot ok talk about "the old guard" members of the squad not carrying out intructions from the manager and ignoring the game plan in any given match.

Must be a general Cork thing about outsiders managing teams.

sheao
09/07/2009, 9:21 PM
What that City fan did was out of line. There is absoulutly no need for that.
These "fans" should have necessary action taken against them by the club. They should be banned from the ground as they are making a bad name for the Club and the City supporters.

tiktok
09/07/2009, 10:53 PM
Hard to know what Cork Fans are about.

Not that complicated really, we want to watch football, Doolin can't deliver that.

Doolin said straight off that "results earn respect", a loss at home to Pats while playing a defensive formation earns boos. He's never had a managerial job with real expectations on him before, he clearly doesn't like expectation and can't handle the pressure the way he's lashing out and alienating the few fans who might still give him a chance.

He's a bitter baldy whingepuss, sooner he walks the better.

CarrickFan
10/07/2009, 2:27 AM
Not that complicated really, we want to watch football, Doolin can't deliver that.

Doolin said straight off that "results earn respect", a loss at home to Pats while playing a defensive formation earns boos. He's never had a managerial job with real expectations on him before, he clearly doesn't like expectation and can't handle the pressure the way he's lashing out and alienating the few fans who might still give him a chance.

He's a bitter baldy whingepuss, sooner he walks the better.

i guess booing is ok if thats the type of fan you want to be...throwing a pint is a different unacceptable issue.

SkStu
10/07/2009, 4:29 AM
not to excuse the behaviour, but didnt he just pour a pint over him and not actually "throw a pint"? Slightly different offence in fairness...

Salmon Coloured
10/07/2009, 7:01 AM
"Must be a general Cork thing about outsiders managing teams."

Theres a fair few General Cork things going on down there. One of the reasons I wear earmuffs & a smile down there.
The classic competitive comedy Corkies. Heres one for ya, How do you get into a competitive situation with a Corkie? Stand beside him & tell him your shadow is slightly darker than his. Then walk away, he will still be turning it over in his head how to prove his is. Then get on a bus, look out the window at him, smile & wave as the bus takes off.

tiktok
10/07/2009, 11:24 AM
i guess booing is ok if thats the type of fan you want to be....

Jesus Wept.

John83
10/07/2009, 11:26 AM
Me too. Freud would approve.

Longfordian
10/07/2009, 11:27 AM
I blame the exclamation mark.

Scrufil
11/07/2009, 4:21 PM
Maybe this was an early celebration. When you win a League you get Champagne thrown over you. :p