PDA

View Full Version : V Limerick

Raheny Red
09/07/2009, 11:31 AM
Any team news on this game, injuries/suspensions? Any players come in or leave over the break, cheers.

Youths4Ever
09/07/2009, 12:09 PM
match preview here (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/limerickpreview092.html) with list of suspensions and injuries one major one is Holden but Pa Doyle was in goal most of last season for us so not a bad replacement

if you doin a bet dont forget our very bad record against Limerick

noone else signed yet as far as I know anyway

Splurge
09/07/2009, 1:18 PM
Anyone know when some of these will be back. Murphy was rumoured to be in the squad for the Longofrd cup game, no sign of him. Furlong has been out for nearly 9 months by now! Kyle Dempsey the same. Tim Mcgrath played only 1 or 2 matches early this season.

Youths4Ever
09/07/2009, 1:26 PM
Anyone know when some of these will be back. Murphy was rumoured to be in the squad for the Longofrd cup game, no sign of him. Furlong has been out for nearly 9 months by now! Kyle Dempsey the same. Tim Mcgrath played only 1 or 2 matches early this season.

Not heard anything about Murphy in a while. Furlong is still in recovery and is rumoured to be after leaving the squad. Kyle is still coming back from injury after the incident in Athlone. Tim McGrath hurt his knee and is also rumoured to have left the squad.

Raheny Red
09/07/2009, 1:42 PM
match preview here (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/limerickpreview092.html) with list of suspensions and injuries one major one is Holden but Pa Doyle was in goal most of last season for us so not a bad replacement

if you doin a bet dont forget our very bad record against Limerick

noone else signed yet as far as I know anyway

Cheers for that. Yeah I'm eyeing up a bet alright. 3.9 for a Wexford win looks OK to me.

LFC-Zulu
09/07/2009, 3:04 PM
I'd personally take a draw. Although, the 3 points are more than likely going to Youths on this one. No spiritual leader now with Tommy gone. Well, Wayne, but he probably won't be played. Garry Sheahan's gonna score, we all know that, and Peter White's gonna have the game of his career. Only thing I can see in our favour is that a lot of the fringe players will start, of whom would be more passionate for the shirt, but I'm putting this down to Sheahan. 2-1 Wexford.

Splurge
09/07/2009, 5:11 PM
Not heard anything about Murphy in a while. Furlong is still in recovery and is rumoured to be after leaving the squad. Kyle is still coming back from injury after the incident in Athlone. Tim McGrath hurt his knee and is also rumoured to have left the squad.

What does "left the squad" mean? for good?

Youths4Ever
09/07/2009, 6:55 PM
I'd personally take a draw. Although, the 3 points are more than likely going to Youths on this one. No spiritual leader now with Tommy gone. Well, Wayne, but he probably won't be played. Garry Sheahan's gonna score, we all know that, and Peter White's gonna have the game of his career. Only thing I can see in our favour is that a lot of the fringe players will start, of whom would be more passionate for the shirt, but I'm putting this down to Sheahan. 2-1 Wexford.

yeah can see Sheahan playing well looking better every time he plays and himself and Gavin Doyle starting to gel a little. Could be tough for Sheahan though he first game against against Limerick since he left. White has been back already and could be moved back into defense with the return of some players.

What does "left the squad" mean? for good?

yes then have both to have rumoured to have "left the squad" aka quit for good but with our players you never know Rossi quit for two weeks earlier in the season

Splurge
10/07/2009, 7:40 AM
yes then have both to have rumoured to have "left the squad" aka quit for good but with our players you never know Rossi quit for two weeks earlier in the season

Mcrath at his age and injuries i'd understand if he were to leave but Furlong!

Youths4Ever
11/07/2009, 10:03 AM
Raheny Red hope you did not do the bet Wexford where shocking last night which is being generous and Limerick where full value for there win

Raheny Red
11/07/2009, 4:43 PM
Raheny Red hope you did not do the bet Wexford where shocking last night which is being generous and Limerick where full value for there win

Yup had backed you alright but no worries.

bluewhitearmy
31/07/2009, 11:08 AM
Wasnt sure where to put this but i thought something involving limerick would be best.Hows gary sheehan doing for ye so far?

Splurge
31/07/2009, 4:49 PM
He hasnt been rattling the net like i hoped he would but we've been woefully short of strikers this season, only Gavin Doyle has played all season and he was midfield last season, 17y/o Jimmy Keohane has been included recently but done very well. Paul Murphy, Furlong, Dempsey have been out all season.

Sheehan won me over with his assist for Keohane's winner Monaghon(i think it was) a few weeks back. Late in the game after working his socks off with little meaningful service he chased down an overhit pass that the defender should have had controll of, won the ball, set up JK for an easy finish. That bit of endeavour is as beautiful to me as a few stepovers and a pile driver into the top corner.

Bearing in mind he missed the first 9 or 10 games he's done very well and been a very important player for us this season.