PDA

View Full Version : Derry Interested in Arkins

dortie
27/01/2004, 12:34 PM
Derry City manager Gavin Dykes has admitted that the Brandywell club would be interested in signing Portadowns star striker Vinny Arkins, should he become available 'at the right price'
Arkins last week stunned Portadown with a transfer request and he sat out saturdays 0-0 draw with Limavady at Shamrock Park.
Dykes said "its no secret that we've been looking for somebody big and strong to hold the ball up at the front and if Vinny became available we'd obviously be interested".

Derry Journal.

Not sure what his wage demands would be..........Ive heard Portadown are paying him £700 sterling a week and he has accomodation paid for. Mmmmmmmmmmm !

Macy
27/01/2004, 12:43 PM
Sure a good young replacement for Coyle.... One for the future...

brendy_éire
27/01/2004, 3:23 PM
Portadown are quoted as saying that Arkins has 18 months left on his contract and that he's not going anywhere until then. Albeit, I'm getting this from the Mirror.

TommyT
27/01/2004, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by dortie
Not sure what his wage demands would be..........Ive heard Portadown are paying him £700 sterling a week and he has accomodation paid for. Mmmmmmmmmmm !

Sw that from kev on your site but I think the original higher estimates are closer to the mark, he lives in Dublin so why would they pay accomodation for him ?

He'd a l;ucky escape not having to get the train to Portadown Saturday ;)

dortie
27/01/2004, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Sure a good young replacement for Coyle.... One for the future...

Not as old as LAVINE though......

Jeezz yous Longford boys think yous are something now you won one trophy.....you and your boring little town ;)

Macy
28/01/2004, 7:48 AM
Originally posted by dortie
Not as old as LAVINE though......
Worst decision ever by our committee not taking the £30,000 of youse for him!!!

Mick89
28/01/2004, 1:17 PM
Best stroke of luck we ever had!:D

Macy
28/01/2004, 1:23 PM
Actually he'll do a job for someone if he signs..... I think he gets stale if he stays too long at a club, or they sign him up on a long term contract....