PDA

View Full Version : Paddy

tippex
07/07/2009, 11:14 AM
According to today's star Paddy has signed a pre-contract with rovers.

WTF I cannot believe that we didnt have him tied down to a contract knowing he could walk into pretty much any of the other clubs.

KK77
07/07/2009, 11:19 AM
According to today's star Paddy has signed a pre-contract with rovers.

WTF I cannot believe that we didnt have him tied down to a contract knowing he could walk into pretty much any of the other clubs.

Could see this coming a mile off.

Who's to say we didn't try to tie him down and he didn't want to?

superfrank
07/07/2009, 12:31 PM
In fairness, he's only shown flashes of what he can do this year. He's not playing to the standard he set for himself last season.

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, especially when one of the bigger sides come in.

naoise kennedy
07/07/2009, 6:44 PM
In fairness, he's only shown flashes of what he can do this year. He's not playing to the standard he set for himself last season.

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, especially when one of the bigger sides come in.

Are we getting 30 grand for him.. thats alot of money to turn down

superfrank
07/07/2009, 8:50 PM
I've heard two stories:

a) he's signed a pre-contract with Rovers and will move at the end of the season
b) Rovers bid €28k to have him now

naoise kennedy
07/07/2009, 10:04 PM
I've heard two stories:

a) he's signed a pre-contract with Rovers and will move at the end of the season

Difficult one to call 28k is alot of money to get now,, he would be a big loss,he's playing some nice football at the moment do we have any body to replace him, move massey up to left midfield with pender, deansy, foran, tresson in defense.. tough call

superfrank
07/07/2009, 10:09 PM
I'd say he'd want to leave even if we stay up.

Imo, if he wants to leave, then I'd rather he'd go now. I don't want to have a player, no matter how good, whose head isn't here.

naoise kennedy
07/07/2009, 10:40 PM

Imo, if he wants to leave, then I'd rather he'd go now. I don't want to have a player, no matter how good, whose head isn't here.

I agree,, if he knows that he is going how can he expect to give full commitment till the end of the season......... if he does go this week hope he does not play on friday..

Grey Boy
08/07/2009, 6:19 PM

Yeah. Show me the money.

naoise kennedy
08/07/2009, 9:22 PM
I've heard two stories:

Any more news,, any deals done yet..

Grey Boy
09/07/2009, 8:21 PM
Typical of our official website to not have a mention of it at this stage.

superfrank
09/07/2009, 8:23 PM
Well, they had the team news for tomorrow's night put up a while ago so they're updating it, slowly but surely. Nothing on the Rovers site, which is updated regularly, so I guess there's been no move yet.

I wonder if he'll play tomorrow night.

BrayUnknowns
09/07/2009, 9:18 PM
Typical of our official website to not have a mention of it at this stage.

Why would any club put a romour on its official website? I'm sure they will put it up when the/if the deal has been agreed.

At the start of the season it was romoured Derry bid 3 times for Paddy but he decided to stay with us for one more season and signed a new 1 year deal with us. Paddy was brillianty last season but has had a lot of injuries this year and has not managed to reproduce that form. Personally if he is going to leave at the end of this season, which i believe he will, i think the club should try and cash in on him now and sell him during the transfer window and try and use the cash to bring in new players. But as he is out of contract at the end of the season i think he will stay with us as Rovers will get him for nothing, unless their is a UEFA development fee involved?

Now that is nothing personal agsinst the bloke, just totally for financial reasons. It would also be a great move for Paddy himself moving to a club really moving in the right direction. I don't think any Bray fan would begrudge him the move. If he is not in the squad tomorrow i reckon a move could be very close.

superfrank
09/07/2009, 9:48 PM
He is 23, so the development fee is a bit of a strange one. His birthday is 29th of December so if he/Rovers wait til the end of the season, he'll be 24.

AFAIK, a development fee only applies to transfers of players who are 23 or under.

DmanDmythDledge
09/07/2009, 10:01 PM
I used to know a good bit about that cos usually we would/could have been due compensation fees for players. Anyway if Kav is in the age bracket and Bray have offered him a new deal worth at least the same as his old one you will be due €40k.

BrayUnknowns
10/07/2009, 12:16 PM
I used to know a good bit about that cos usually we would/could have been due compensation fees for players. Anyway if Kav is in the age bracket and Bray have offered him a new deal worth at least the same as his old one you will be due €40k.

Maybe you could inform our board of that :D

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 10:28 PM
looks like it over for paddy at bray, left out of the squad tonight and going out on loan till the end of the season..

centre mid
10/07/2009, 10:29 PM
looks like it over for paddy at bray, left out of the squad tonight and going out on loan till the end of the season.. I think it was only for tonights game that he was left out.

superfrank
10/07/2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I imagine that was the case. Will he play against them in the game at Tallaght later on in the year?

tippex
10/07/2009, 10:33 PM
looks like it over for paddy at bray, left out of the squad tonight and going out on loan till the end of the season..

I'd be amazed if he goes out on loan unless it is to rovers and we have agreed some money for him.

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 10:45 PM
I think it was only for tonights game that he was left out.

speaking to a few people before the game they said that he's gone on loan,, more than likely to bohs or derry..

centre mid
10/07/2009, 10:48 PM
That doesnt make sense.

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 10:58 PM
That doesnt make sense.

sounds like paddy spoke and signed with rovers without talking to eddie (not that he has to speak to eddie) and eddie did not like it so he puts him out on loan.. we all know what eddie is like..

centre mid
10/07/2009, 11:00 PM
But surely Rovers wouldnt be too happy with him going on loan to either side that in theory they are challenging with for the league? I thought that he was just not made available for tonights game but that he will be for the rest of the season.

The Fox
10/07/2009, 11:01 PM
This is just crazy - play him or sell him - end of story - loan him out??????????

naoise kennedy
10/07/2009, 11:10 PM
This is just crazy - play him or sell him - end of story - loan him out??????????

i agree but i was told that it looks like he's out on loan.....

DmanDmythDledge
10/07/2009, 11:17 PM
But surely Rovers wouldnt be too happy with him going on loan to either side that in theory they are challenging with for the league? I thought that he was just not made available for tonights game but that he will be for the rest of the season.
Doesn't make a difference- they have no say in the matter.

DmanDmythDledge
13/07/2009, 3:09 AM
Here that he's after having a falling out with Gormley and is training with the U20s?

naoise kennedy
13/07/2009, 1:31 PM
Here that he's after having a falling out with Gormley and is training with the U20s?

thats a bloody joke, eddie has to put the team before himself and he's not by dropping paddy and putting knight on... we are in enough **** at the moment we need our best players out there...

Hulsey
13/07/2009, 2:39 PM
Lads any chance that you's might give Knight a bit of a chance? He's only a young lad and been thrown into a struggling team without much match practise and you's are slating him? Bit unfair imo, he looked a good player in the few games he had last year, and bar the clearance for rovers first goal, he isn't doing a whole lot worse than any other player at the moment

Weatherman
13/07/2009, 6:54 PM
eddie is a joke! how many times have we seen a good young player down the carisle get a run of games then gone from the squad alltogether or dropped to the bench?? emeka, flood, coughlan at the moment, robson and im sure there are more. yeah give the youth a chance but bray need more experienced players.

tippex
13/07/2009, 9:42 PM
I think we really do need an out and out striker but where the feck do we find one of them.... short of doing a devo an sticking our centre backs upfront....

BrayZil
14/07/2009, 9:47 PM
I have to say I think its an absolute disgrace the way Paddy Kavanagh went about things. He signed a pre contract agreement with Rovers without discussing it with the management first. I think Eddie is right not to include him in the team. As he said, his heart couldn't possibly be with Bray if he has signed a contract with Rovers. How could you have him in the team? It would affect the morale. Seems to me like he doesn't care about the team so good riddance I say

superfrank
14/07/2009, 11:06 PM
I have to say I think its an absolute disgrace the way Paddy Kavanagh went about things. He signed a pre contract agreement with Rovers without discussing it with the management first.
He doesn't have to go and ask the club about it. His contract was up at the end of the season and if a player's in the last six months of his contract, he can talk to other clubs without the permission of his current club. He did nothing wrong.

If a club like Rovers are interested, there's no surprise that he'd want to leave a club in a relegation battle. Rovers have no obligation to pay a fee for him now when they can get him for free at the end of the year.

In the end, it's down to Kav to be a pro and give his all for us when/if he plays between now and the end of the season. Eddie's stopping any chance of Kav proving himself by not letting him play. I think Kav at least deserves a chance. If he does play and his heart isn't in it then Eddie can drop him with justification.

In case Eddie hasn't realised, we are in a relegation battle and we should be playing our best available players. Kav is one of those, although he hasn't been as good this season.

(Saying all this, I've a feeling Eddie only dropped him for the Rovers game because it was a clear conflict of interest. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kav is in the team against Drogs on Friday.)

BrayUnknowns
15/07/2009, 1:31 PM
In the end, it's down to Kav to be a pro and give his all for us when/if he plays between now and the end of the season.

And what Paddy did was not professional, yes he is out of contract but he didn't even have the professionalism to tell the club what he's plans where or to even give them a chance to offer him a new deal.

Yes Rovers could offer him a better deal but at the end of the day we offered him a way back into football when he was deemed surplus to requirements with Birmingham City reserves. It's called having respect, Paddy did not show the club any respect in the way he went about his business, and neither did Rovers the way they talked about it only a day or 2 before playing us.

superfrank
15/07/2009, 2:06 PM
And what Paddy did was not professional, yes he is out of contract but he didn't even have the professionalism to tell the club what he's plans where or to even give them a chance to offer him a new deal.
Bray knew his contract was up at the end of the season. They had plenty of time to offer him a new deal before he was free to talk to other clubs. For whatever reason, Paddy didn't want to stay here. That's no crime.

Yes Rovers could offer him a better deal but at the end of the day we offered him a way back into football when he was deemed surplus to requirements with Birmingham City reserves. It's called having respect, Paddy did not show the club any respect in the way he went about his business, and neither did Rovers the way they talked about it only a day or 2 before playing us.
I'm sure most people would think that Paddy saw Bray as a stepping stone is his career, either to a bigger LoI club or back to England. Considering how well he did last year, we all knew that one day he'd leave and two years was a pretty long time to hold on to him, in fairness.

He gave us plenty and he doesn't owe us anything. Now, he wants to leave and he hasn't done anything wrong (in the eyes of the FAI or FIFA) in the way he went about it. We should just accept it. That's what football is like: loyalty isn't to be found in great abundance.

Also, where did Rovers (officially) mention the deal?

DmanDmythDledge
15/07/2009, 2:18 PM
Yes Rovers could offer him a better deal but at the end of the day we offered him a way back into football when he was deemed surplus to requirements with Birmingham City reserves.
We were interested in signing him at the time too. The way you're going on one would think that Bray rescued his career or something.

KR's Post
15/07/2009, 7:19 PM
Looking through a pair of Bray Specs!

Joe Strummer
27/07/2009, 5:31 PM
Signed for Rovers today www.shamrockrovers.ie

centre mid
27/07/2009, 6:40 PM
Signed for Rovers today www.shamrockrovers.ie

Good to see that his hamstring injury from Friday night was all that bad.

tippex
27/07/2009, 7:37 PM
I'm assuimg we got some sort of fee out of it.

Martinho II
27/07/2009, 7:41 PM
thats some turnaround for kavanagh to move to rovers permanently..its a blow to your survival hopes thats for sure..

Joe Strummer
27/07/2009, 8:33 PM
Playing for rovers against hibs tonight.

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2009, 9:55 PM
Wih the way Rovers are playing, Paddy will struggle to hold down a place in their team, especially the way he has been playing for us this season.

All the best to him though and i wish him all the best, he was always going to move on to bigger and better clubs, i just hope we got a few quid for him that will allow us to bring in new players.