PDA

View Full Version : Ned O'Keefe

Lionel Ritchie
06/07/2009, 9:09 AM
I generally ignore all utterances by FFs Ned O'Keefe on the grounds that he is a certifiable, grade A moron. To my mind though his comments, in relation to Rathcormac and it's electorate (http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/td-tells-parents-i-wont-help-you-as-you-didnt-vote-for-me-95639.html), don't just call into question but confirm without doubt his unsuitability to hold public office.

He seems to struggle under the misapprehension that he only needs to represent and can prioritise those areas of his constituency he is sure actually voted for him and, out of his own gob, has confirmed an inclination to discriminate against those misfortunates of his constituency who exercised their constitutionally guaranteed right not to vote for him -or else.

Sadly because this is Ned O'Keefe talking and his name frequently gets prefaced with terms like "Maverick" ...his constituents are unlikely to get the By-Election they now deserve.

OneRedArmy
06/07/2009, 10:05 AM
Couldn't agree more.

I was actually going to post this yesterday when I read it.

It's disgusting and what's worse, he can't even see what's wrong with what he said.

But, he's only saying what a lot of his party colleagues are thinking. The difference is that they have enough sense not to say it.

Schumi
06/07/2009, 10:17 AM
Heard this on the radio this morning, what a tool! This is the sort of thing you'd hear about from a Zimbabwean election; if you don't vote for me, you won't get a new school.

tiktok
06/07/2009, 10:36 AM
It's almost unbelievable that an elected TD would hold such a view.
But then again, it is Ned O'Keeffe we're talking about, he's hardly the becnhmark.

Lionel Ritchie
06/07/2009, 10:45 AM
But, he's only saying what a lot of his party colleagues are thinking.

I was thinking that too and it's just not good enough.

It's staggering behaviour -when I just think of the likes of, for example, Ian Paisley Snr. who even back in the bad old days would fight tooth and nail for upgraded facilities in places like Raithlin that consistently voted 100% republican -but were his constituents no less ...and that's not even neccessarily backslapping IKP -it's his job and his constituents had a right to presume upon him doing it -as do Ned O'Keefes. As Ned has a problem with that -he needs to step aside and give someone else a go.