PDA

View Full Version : Declan Daly Profile

Citymark
05/10/2001, 2:08 PM
Came accross thsi profile of Deccie daly on Onefootball.com. It's quite good, he is compared to Stuart Pearce!

Profiles available for most of the City players. Johnny C and Skippy are there as well. Good to pass some time at work!!

http://www.onefootball.com/index.phtml?page=clubplayerprofile&country_id=38&team_id=460&player_id=9109&lang= :D

Gerry Desmond
06/10/2001, 11:57 AM
"Declan Daly - Cork City

Position: Defender
Date of birth: Thursday 1st January 1970

Daly has been the club skipper for the last few years and the established right-back in the team. A product of the St. Mary's club on the northside of the city he made his League of Ireland debut for Limerick against Cork City in January, 1996 at Flower Lodge. The following December he made his debut for Cork against Waterford and he has since captained Cork to every-honour in the domestic game. He is known as Psycho to the Sheddies and plays in the same style as ex-England and Notts. Forest defender Stuart Pearce. One of the league's most feared defenders, outside of football, he works as a life assurance official with the Ulster Bank in his Cork. He worked very hard to get back from a cruciate ligament injury and is always one of the first names on the team-sheet. An extremely hard and fair competitor he is loved by the City faithful and gave career-high performances in both Uefa Cup ties against IFK Gothenburg."

Hmm, very interesting! Outside of getting his DOB and début details completely incorrect, and the flowery Stu Pearce stuff, the balance has been hobbled practically verbatim from old penpix of mine... what little thief did that, now?

Gerry :mad:

joe
06/10/2001, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Gerry Desmond
Outside of getting his DOB and début details completely incorrect, and the flowery Stu Pearce stuff, the balance has been hobbled practically verbatim from old penpix of mine... what little thief did that, now?

you better not read the Ollie Cahill one then

Gerry Desmond
06/10/2001, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by joe

you better not read the Ollie Cahill one then

OK.

Gerry

Éanna
08/10/2001, 12:36 PM
Also mentions Noel Hartigans "athleticism"! I never pay much heed to those kinda things anyway, I mean, who's gonna write- "an average player, disliked by the fans" or worse?! No-one!

Gerry Desmond
12/10/2001, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Also mentions Noel Hartigans "athleticism"! I never pay much heed to those kinda things anyway, I mean, who's gonna write- "an average player, disliked by the fans" or worse?! No-one!

Isn't that what fanzines are for...? :)

Gerry