PDA

View Full Version : Totti coming back in time to take on Ireland?

Crosby87
05/07/2009, 10:22 PM
How do we feel if the Italians add Totti?

Irish_Praha
05/07/2009, 10:38 PM
How do we feel if the Italians add Totti?

Bring em on! Pirlo couldn't handle the heat last time. :D

Razors left peg
05/07/2009, 11:49 PM
Totti is an over rated prima donna, good player every now and then when he fancies it but not a guy Id like to have beside me in a battle

tricky_colour
06/07/2009, 12:03 AM
Those Italians always seem to get lots of Totti :D

SkStu
06/07/2009, 1:26 AM
over 400 pages of totti in the off topic forum.

Crosby87
06/07/2009, 2:50 AM
over 400 pages of totti in the off topic forum.

Well it is "ON TOPIC my" friend.
As in, He may come back.
Izz Eire related cause.....he may play...........

SkStu
06/07/2009, 4:29 AM
where do i start with that post?

fair play.

irishfan86
06/07/2009, 6:24 AM
I don't want to curse us, so I'm trying not to say anything negative about Totti's ability.

Just have a look at Totti's goalscoring record for Italy in contrast to his record with Roma, and come to your own conclusions about how worried we should be.

Infadel
06/07/2009, 8:26 AM
I never rated Totti as a player and one thing about his game after watching him in the recent Roma encounters is he is completly lazy and looks a spent force. If Italy are that desperate to bring him back let them it won't make too much of a significant diffence to their strikeforce and who knows they might decide to also bring the likes of Inzaghi and Di Vaio back.

Duggie
06/07/2009, 8:51 AM
id prefer he didnt come back against us. you cant argue with his record and performances in seria A. sooner or later lippi will have to call on cassano aswell no matter what differences they seem to have. italy with totti and possibly cassano are much stronger than without.

johnnyc
06/07/2009, 10:45 AM
While Totti can be brilliant when the mood takes him, I'd be more worried about Rossi who is currently in the squad and playing very well. I thought he was head and shoulders above all the other Italians during the confed cup.

Duggie
06/07/2009, 11:00 AM
nah totti can play the killer pass and hes deadly from free kicks and peno's. stay away totti...stay away!!

geysir
06/07/2009, 12:51 PM
where do i start with that post?
:D
Misplaced quotation marks?
Misplaced sense of direction?

marty
06/07/2009, 3:11 PM
I wouldnt get over-worried about him either,we could have an exile of our own back by that stage and on football ability Totti ranks fairly low.Also does anyone know when Stephen Reid is due back hes currently in contract talks with his club so I"d imagine hes making good progress??

Ghost2hammers
06/07/2009, 3:21 PM
While Totti can be brilliant when the mood takes him, I'd be more worried about Rossi who is currently in the squad and playing very well. I thought he was head and shoulders above all the other Italians during the confed cup.

Yeah totally agree with this............rossi is the one to look out for.

gustavo
06/07/2009, 3:21 PM
I wouldnt get over-worried about him either,we could have an exile of our own back by that stage and on football ability Totti ranks fairly low.Also does anyone know when Stephen Reid is due back hes currently in contract talks with his club so I"d imagine hes making good progress??

That's a laughable statement to be fair , I know he doesn't play in the Premiership but he's still a highly talented player

rambler14
06/07/2009, 3:39 PM
Who gives a crap?

I'd say right now on Italian foot.ie there's a thread called "Ireland coming back in time to take on Italy?"

DeLorean
06/07/2009, 3:47 PM
Who gives a crap?

I'd say right now on Italian foot.ie there's a thread called "Ireland coming back in time to take on Italy?"

Piede.it:rolleyes:

Brendan 82
06/07/2009, 5:50 PM
I'd be pretty happy with that. I watch Seria A more than any other league and I would describe Totti as such: he is lazy, arrogant, a bad team player, always complaining, and just seems like a right cnt. They have better players with better attitudes already; I would see it as a step down from Iaquinta and Rossi anyway for sure.

marty
06/07/2009, 7:49 PM
That's a laughable statement to be fair , I know he doesn't play in the Premiership but he's still a highly talented player

He"s not a highly talented player your prob the only one here who believes this,I watch his league form and hes nothing short of a spoilt prat.One of the few out their who believes his own hype-besides he"s never done anything worth noting more of an Italian playboy if anything

irishfan86
06/07/2009, 7:57 PM
he"s never done anything worth noting

-Roma's top scorer in their history
-5 time Italian footballer of the year
-World Cup winner (was named in the 23 player all-star team for the tournament)
-Serie A winner

No big deal.

John83
06/07/2009, 8:00 PM
It's quite an exaggeration to say that he's done nothing. He has a scudetto> He's consistently been a star player for Roma, for whom he's scored nearly a goal every other game for years. His attitude has always been questionable (though beside Cassano, he seemed almost reasonable), and he's rarely been quite the same player for Italy, but to say he ranks low on ability is, as gustavo suggests, derisory. Kevin Kilbane ranks low on ability. Totti is a gloriously talented waster.

Duggie
07/07/2009, 8:12 AM
I'd be pretty happy with that. I watch Seria A more than any other league and I would describe Totti as such: he is lazy, arrogant, a bad team player, always complaining, and just seems like a right cnt. They have better players with better attitudes already; I would see it as a step down from Iaquinta and Rossi anyway for sure.

are u crazy, u must be watching it with your eyes closed mate.

Stuttgart88
07/07/2009, 8:37 AM
Who gives a crap?

Ha ha, I was going to write the same thing!