PDA

View Full Version : Time is running out

Counting Crow
26/01/2004, 8:52 PM
Well, we've got 5 days to go before the transfer deadline closes.

I have to say I'm quite surprised that there has been so little news / activity in trying to get someone to plug the hole in our midfield for the coming season.

It has been on every supporters wish list for the past 12 months and now with O'Grady gone we are even weaker than last season - God help us if we get any injuries to the group that are left ..... or what happens when we pick up some yellow cards and the suspensions kick in.

I'm not normally this pesimistic but the wheels could come off the wagon before we're even on the trail if something isn't done between now and Saturday.

It doesn't matter what deals have been done with Nissan or O'Neills etc if we don't get the results early on the sunshine supporters will disapear and we'll be looking up at Shels and Bohs again.

Brian / Pat - buy now before it's too late.

RedX
26/01/2004, 9:51 PM
CC...i can guarantee you that there are new players coming to City very soon.I am not sure how many but at least two or maybe three.Stop worrying because the person i was chatting to is heavily involved with Cork City FC.Even if i was not chatting with this person i still would expect City to be bringing players in soon..

Logically to make people believe do you think with Citys ambitions with the new Nissan sponsorship and also the ambitions of both manager and chairman that they are going to sit still and not bring in players?Brian Lennox has already said in an interview he expects at least 2nd spot this year.Do you think City would let Conor go without replacing him and expect to do better than 3rd from last season without bring in someone?So CC and to all lads that are worried about new players.They are on there way.Just trust Brian Lennox and Pat Dolan.Great to be able to say that about a fantastic chairman...;)

thecorner
26/01/2004, 11:25 PM
really hope yopu have good and proper contacts cos as crow said ...time is running out

also reading here
http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/sport/story.jsp?story=484557

mightnt be a bad signing...paul dalglish

Hitman
27/01/2004, 8:15 AM
I think he's signed for Ancona, and from what I've seen of him he's living off his Dad's name.

Counting Crow
27/01/2004, 9:21 PM
RedX and xtreme rebel, I hope you guys are right. I too have great faith in Pat and Brian and believe we have come on in leaps and bounds in the last 12 months.

I am just saying we have now got just 4 days ( 24 more hours gone by ) before the shutters come down and we are left with a midfield that is now minus one of more competetive players in O'Grady - this part of the team has actually gotten weaker instead of stronger.

A friend of mine was talking to one of the players today ( I won't name him ) and even he expressed his surprise that no one other than Fenn has been signed and actually said "we need to strengthen up the team".

There's no point in being super fit and all that good stuff if you don't have someone with the class to play people into the game or hold the ball up etc, etc.

I hope you will all have the last laugh on me by the weekend but I just got this bad feeling on this front.

A face
27/01/2004, 9:49 PM
I'd have to second that ..... We always knew we needed to build up the midfield. That was a given half way through last season.

tommyboy10
28/01/2004, 1:33 AM
i hear that there is a interest in a player from the states?.....any word on that?

SÓC
28/01/2004, 8:30 AM
Lads Im not so worried about our supposed lack of a midfield as everyone else seems to be.

If we start the season with the team we have now we could have a very decent side still;

Devine
Hoggie Dan Derek Woods
Doyler Georgie Nwánkwo Kearney
Fenn Flynn

Colin T, Greg, Benno, Behan, Nolan

thats leaving out Colin P, and all the U-21s that are to come through.

thecorner
28/01/2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
If we start the season with the team we have now we could have a very decent side still;

mite be a very decent side but very decent sides dont win you titles

shels and bohs who are the benchmark are more than very decent,they are excellent sides

BillyConway
28/01/2004, 12:26 PM
We need a good midfileder to be signed. If we get one we might have a chance of winnning the league.

thecorner
28/01/2004, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by BillyConway
We need a good midfileder to be signed.

3 points for observation:D :D

Counting Crow
28/01/2004, 10:07 PM
Hey, I just thought of something ..... why don't we sign a midfielder............................!

Nice one BillyConway;) :p can't wait for your next thread:D

fonzi
29/01/2004, 10:47 AM
lads, im not sure if any one here has raised this,
but im in the firm mind that we need a new midfilder.
what do ye think????

:D ;) ;) :eek: :

RedX
29/01/2004, 12:35 PM
fonzi :D :D :D

ger121
29/01/2004, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by BillyConway
We need a good midfileder to be signed. If we get one we might have a chance of winnning the league.

sure lads aren't you supposed to be signing Kevin Hunt??? Or has that move hit a little snag,as in he never had any intention of leaving Bohs in the first place. Anyway you generally leave a bigger club for a smaller club when you career is in decline and Kevin Hunt's career is far from in decline.:rolleyes:

Pablo
29/01/2004, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by ger121
. Anyway you generally leave a bigger club for a smaller club when you career is in decline ...

our day will come.......... your only bigger results wise. not as a football club. think long term. if your board did ye wouldnt be up the creek

Gary
29/01/2004, 5:45 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Lads Im not so worried about our supposed lack of a midfield as everyone else seems to be.
Devine
Hoggie Dan Derek Woods
Doyler Georgie Nwánkwo Kearney
Fenn Flynn

There we go again, hyping Nwanko up to be something we dont know he is. I hope he is a star. He certainly has started out well, but even so, that is a very lightweight midfield, with no real 'grafter'. I'd be alot happier if i saw a strong central midfielder step up.

tiktok
29/01/2004, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by ger121
sure lads aren't you supposed to be signing Kevin Hunt???

yeah Ger, we all believed that was happening:rolleyes:

RedX
29/01/2004, 8:53 PM
ger121...were'nt you and your Bohs buddies supposed to be signing Tony Grant from the homeless last week.Isnt it right a player only leaves a bigger club to go to a smaller club when his career is in decline.According to Rovers fans his career is far from decline ;)

ger121
30/01/2004, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by RedX
ger121...were'nt you and your Bohs buddies supposed to be signing Tony Grant from the homeless last week.Isnt it right a player only leaves a bigger club to go to a smaller club when his career is in decline.According to Rovers fans his career is far from decline ;)

yes some bohs fans were under the impression that we were gonna sign Grant, I was not one of them. Also can you remember me posting on here about it??? Unlike a lot of CC fans who were saying Hunt he's as good as signed.. down having lunch with Dolan...Grant wants to leave, Rovers won't release him.

According to rovers fans...What all two of them. Sure there's more Rovers players than fans nowadays and that's saying something.

SÓC
30/01/2004, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by Gary
There we go again, hyping Nwanko up to be something we dont know he is. I hope he is a star. He certainly has started out well, but even so, that is a very lightweight midfield, with no real 'grafter'. I'd be alot happier if i saw a strong central midfielder step up.

Im not building him up to be anthing, just from what little we saw of him last season I'd throw him in there ahead of Greg, Benno or K. Murray in midfield.

One I forgot about is Michael Buckley. If he could control his temper he would be the perfect man for the job.

dcnags
30/01/2004, 2:42 PM
i think benno is a good choice, what about ye??

Surprised at the amount of support heshad as he played very well last season(yes i know it was centre back)

Gary
30/01/2004, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by Guerzy
Absolute tripe Gary. Go back to college will ya and get an education. Your first time round was a complete waste of time.

maybe if u stayed out of the college bar now Guerz u would have some hope of winding me up!

A face
30/01/2004, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
lads, im not sure if any one here has raised this,

Necesitamos a un centrocampista nuevo pronto

Nous avons besoin d'un nouveau midfielder bientôt

Abbiamo bisogno di un centrocampista nuovo presto

Wij hebben nodig een nieuwe middenvelder spoedig

Necessitamos um novo meio-campo logo

Мы нуждаемся в новом midfielder скоро

Vi trenger en ny midfielder snart

我们很快需要一个新的中场球员

我們很快需要一個新的中場球員

patsh
30/01/2004, 6:14 PM
Is anyone else wondering about the complete absence of any news on the Echo, the total silence from the club, very little rumour or speculation even ?
Not a solitary story from Spillage.
I'd even settle for one of his wildly inaccurate, week old scoops!
Has CCCFC shut down totally for a while?
this off season will have to be shortened.....

A face
30/01/2004, 6:37 PM
Now that you say it .... it is kinda Mary Celeste (http://www.fortogden.com/maryceleste.html) alright.

Whazzzup ??!?!?

Colm
30/01/2004, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Is anyone else wondering about the complete absence of any news on the Echo, the total silence from the club, very little rumour or speculation even ?
Not a solitary story from Spillage.
I'd even settle for one of his wildly inaccurate, week old scoops!
Has CCCFC shut down totally for a while?
this off season will have to be shortened.....

Perhaps the club are trying to tell Spillage as little as possible!

In his column in the Star today, Pat Dolan said he has been driving up and down the motorways of England all week and has visited a number of football clubs.
He said he watched an academy game at Leed's training ground. Are we about to take advantage of their current plight?:D

A face
30/01/2004, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Perhaps the club are trying to tell Spillage as little as possible!

:D

Counting Crow
30/01/2004, 9:57 PM
Colm........."Dolan driving up and down the motorways in England"......I reckon he just can't find the turn off for Hollyhead:D

The only way we're going to get a good new midfielder at this stage is if he bundles one into the boot of his car and drives like the clappers for the ferry.

With the transfer deadline tomorrow, the poor misfortune wouldn't be able to get back to his club in time, and he would be all ours ..........He - He - He - He. ( evil laugh ).

I am now seriously and officially worried.

Can't eat,
Can't sleep,
Kicked the cat,
Hairs a mess,
Chased the dog,
No milk,
Jet magic shut,
Bread stale,
Tyre flat,
Out of petrol,
Wet paint,
Rain, Rain, fu**ing rain,