PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble

max power
26/01/2004, 9:29 AM
did any one else think it was a completew let down, the first 4 matches were over in 40 mins and were rubbish, the holly/lesner match was a complete waste of time,

fair play to triple h and michaels, good show but predictable endind as the crowd roared "bullsh*t",

the royle rumble match was ok, nice to hear the Undertakers music, he's on the way back as the dark taker for wrestlemania, and the hardcore legend foley made the night, chris beneoit ( spelled so wrong) gets a shot at the champ at wrestlemania and rightly too, under used in the company for a long time.

are we going to see goldberg on his way to smackdown after lesners stunt ??????

Ruairi
27/01/2004, 10:57 AM
Ah t'was poor alright, Shawn/HHH being the biggest let down of the night. What a crock of sh!te, the Rumble itrself was no great shakes either, the only high points as you said Max was Taker's music and Mick Foley. Nice to see Goldberg get eliminated pretty quickly, feckin idiot.

max power
27/01/2004, 11:01 AM
yeah it seems they are spending 6 months building up to one night, a waste of time if you ask me, the only bright lights i can see are the return of the dark taker and john cens, he's just a natural with the mic, the company will roll on his back in a few years i think "you can't see me " .

UCD_4_Life
27/01/2004, 7:36 PM
To me eternal shame, I bought the bloody thing. Looking at the card going in I thought there was NO WAY they could fúck it up. Having the first four matches last a combined twenty five minutes and turning the HBK/HHH match result into a slap to the face for every fan who paid money to see the event did the trick though.

I'm surprised the notoriously violent Philadelphia fans didn't riot.

The last man standing itself was great though, another five minutes and a proper finish would've turned it into an eary Match of the Year Contender and I LOVED the Rumble match. I thought it was entertaining throughout, Benoit deserved to win and having him win after the longest ever amount of time in the match (breaking Bob Backlund's old record) was a nice touch too.

Randy Orton (who has come on in leaps and bounds lately) and John Cena are definitely future main-eventers. Both are great talkers and reasonable in the ring (and they're improving all the time). Orton is just a really natural heel, he just has that look about them and it annoys the heck out of people. Like father, like son. I guess.

***Spoilers***
Having Benoit move to RAW was a great move. Whether he goes on to face Triple H or Shawn Michaels or both it should result in a great match.
***/Spoilers***

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch the one of my three Ric Flair DVDs. Best ST£21.98 I ever spent. :D

Gary
29/01/2004, 6:24 PM
I agree with UCD, the undercard was shockingly bad. The fact that Noble/Rey was fiven 3.5 mins was a disgrace. Glad that the table match was quick though. Abs disgusted by the Guerrero match. These two could easily have pulled off a 25 minute classic. The LMS match was very average when compared to the SS streetfight 2003 and the Raw match a few wks ago.

As for the Rumble irtself, well that certainly saved the PPV. I thought it was excellent, and as Ruairi pointed out, at least Goldberg was out of it nice and quick. Delighted that Benoit won, though I cant see why they moved him to Raw so quickly, esp as HBK/HHH are still heavy in a mid fued. It will only serve to crush Benoits push IMO.

A face
29/01/2004, 8:37 PM
Wibble Wibble !!

UCD_4_Life
29/01/2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by A face
Wibble Wibble !!

Look, if you don't have anything constructive to say then stay out of the thread.

This isn't the first time that you've done this and I refuse to be patronized by the likes of you.

lopez
30/01/2004, 12:28 PM
I take it you lads realise it is all an act.:eek:

max power
30/01/2004, 1:34 PM
yes its called entertainment, world werstling entertainment, there is a clue in the name you see !!!

lets face it the women are better lookin, the fights are better and so is some of the acting campared to the soaps.

A face
30/01/2004, 2:34 PM
Wibble Wibble !!

Gary
30/01/2004, 5:33 PM
How original

:rolleyes:

lopez
30/01/2004, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by max power
yes its called entertainment, world werstling entertainment, there is a clue in the name you see !!!

lets face it the women are better lookin, the fights are better and so is some of the acting campared to the soaps.
Ahh, in my day son it was known as the World Wrestling Federation. Sounds like some old faces still there - the undertaker. Still got Paul Bearer as his manager? What about IRS? And the bloke who looks like one of the al quaeda blokes in Cuba. Razor Ramon? Giant Haystacks? Erm...Should I go away discreetly?

A face
30/01/2004, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Gary
How original

Wibble Wibble !!

the scout
31/01/2004, 6:23 AM
Originally posted by lopez
I take it you lads realise it is all an act.:eek:

i reckon everyone over the age of about 8 knows its an act.my two lads are 8 & 12 do but they still like it.personally it does absolutley nothing for me but i can see the entertainment value in it.like where else would you see the sight of a 20 stone + guy jumping off the top rope,i suppose the hysterical commentators the dodgy refs are funny.if there was no cooperation between the men the two guys would just grab onto each other and nothing would happen.
my two favorite sports are the beautiful game and horseracing.while we all love footie there are loads of people who would prefer to gnaw their own arm off then go to a race meeting.such is life.so what id say to people who dont like wrestling.do what most people do when they are flicking through the channells and they come across something they dont like/keep flicking!!!!!.life is too short.

"and they are comming to the last fence now"
"come on florida pearl yeh good thing!!!!!!!":D

jofyisgod
01/02/2004, 10:39 AM
I forgot it was on. I used to really like it but kinda lost interest, but i still watch it if it's on. Why not? It's a good show, you are always entertained and the women are all damn fine.

If you don't like it , don't watch it-simple.

the 12 th man
02/02/2004, 8:04 AM

lets face it the women are better lookin,.

must agree with that max,the women are absolutely outstanding.while they are usually big girls they are all usually stunners to look at and i for one would just love a wrestle with any of em.or they could wrestle with my favorite body part.;) anytime.

max power
02/02/2004, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by lopez
Ahh, in my day son it was known as the World Wrestling Federation. Sounds like some old faces still there - the undertaker. Still got Paul Bearer as his manager? What about IRS? And the bloke who looks like one of the al quaeda blokes in Cuba. Razor Ramon? Giant Haystacks? Erm...Should I go away discreetly?

if you could afford sky sports then you'd be able to see it.

lopez
02/02/2004, 10:08 AM
if you could afford sky sports then you'd be able to see it.
I think it was free. Must have been when I got cable in and it was on Sky One. Certainly wouldn't have parted money for it and only went into Sky Sports with the Ireland games being shown.