PDA

View Full Version : Bundesliga tickets

pineapple stu
02/07/2009, 10:39 AM
Are they easy to get? First choice is Bayern v Werder in August, but a quick google tells me Bayern close on sell out for every game?

Closed Account 2
02/07/2009, 10:07 PM
That one could be tricky. You'll be able to get tickets but will probably have to pay over the odds for that as (a) it's Bayern - Werder (two of the biggest teams and a pretty big rivalry, (b) it's one of the first matches of the season...

I would recommend going for a non Bayern match

Hamburg - Dortmund, Hertha - Bremen - are both options in August (and both are probably more fun cities than Munich) or you could go for Dortmund Stuttgart which is also in August. Hertha are a pretty good bet to watch, massive top class stadium which never quite seems to sell out (at least when I've been there)

pineapple stu
03/07/2009, 8:55 AM
Cheers.

I'm flying into Munich and then getting a train to Austria. I thought I was rushing straight to Salzburg, but after actually doing some reading, I'm actually going to a town about 40 miles south; long story short, it means I can afford an extra day, but can't really stray too far. It's the Austrian Cup that weekend too, which I might take in, but the draw's not been made yet and obviously the Bayern game stood out for convenience and fun.

Closed Account 2
05/07/2009, 7:12 PM
Given the schedule and time constraints (I assume you're only going that weekend 15th 16th - which is the 2nd set of fixtures of the Bundesliga) I'd say it was the Bayern game or Stuttgart v Freiburg (Stuttgart - Munich is not that far on the German Trains)... you should have less probs with tickets for that - Neckarstadion / Daimlerstadion is massive even if that is a mini derby. All the other matches that weekend are in the Rhine Ruhr region or futher north (Hannover / Hamburg) which is going to be a bit too far.

Might be best to start trawling the Bremen or Bayern forums seeing if anyone has a spare, do you speak any German ?

mypost
05/07/2009, 8:06 PM
Are they easy to get? First choice is Bayern v Werder in August, but a quick google tells me Bayern close on sell out for every game?

The hardest to get are the ones for the last day of the season. I've been to the Allianz 3 times for Bayern games, and the last league game I was at, had 100 spare tickets, for a winter game against unfashionable opposition.

The Bayern website, will state that almost every game is sold out, but viagogo.de have a link up with the club where season ticket holders put their game tickets up for sale at face value prices. There is a registration process involved, but it's your best bet.

Alternatively, you can go to the online ticket touts, charging several hundred Euro per ticket.

pineapple stu
06/07/2009, 8:18 AM
Might be best to start trawling the Bremen or Bayern forums seeing if anyone has a spare, do you speak any German ?
German's fairly good, but rusty. E-mailed Bayern about it, and got an automated reply saying they don't do bookings by e-mail, and that I should try, among other options, e-mailing the address I'd just e-mailed! There's online applications which haven't opened yet, so I'll give that a try too.

Stuttgart might be a good back-up plan. Was in the ground for the Ireland game in '06 alright. But will check up on the other options too (bar the touts obviously! Not that eager to go. :p)

superfrank
06/07/2009, 10:21 AM
Stu if you're interested in going to that Stuttgart match, PM me.

I'm going to be over in Stuttgart in August and I'm looking into going to the Freiburg match. I'm heading over to Stuttgart on the 20th of this month and my girlfriend is German so I can't imagine too many problems in getting tickets.

pineapple stu
06/07/2009, 12:35 PM
Will do, cheers.

pineapple stu
14/07/2009, 1:20 PM
Bayern and Stuttgart's games are both set for 3:30 on the Saturday. I don't get into Munich till 1:20, so the Stuttgart game's out, unfortunately. Cheers for the offer though. Have sent an application into Bayern. Sure we'll see what happens.