PDA

View Full Version : Finn Harps Game

Lamper.sffc
30/06/2009, 9:59 PM
This wont be as easy as some might think. I still expect the win though but by a narrow margin.

How do the Finn Harps lads rate their team now after some encouraging displays.

cheifo
01/07/2009, 12:53 AM
Really thought you lads would be asserting yourselves on the league at this stage.
One would think with the quality you have in your side , it will eventually click and you will start destroying teams.
Our lads are talented but very young.We could have six or seven teenagers
in our side. Would be delighted with a draw.

Lamper.sffc
01/07/2009, 1:45 PM
Really thought you lads would be asserting yourselves on the league at this stage.
One would think with the quality you have in your side , it will eventually click and you will start destroying teams.
Our lads are talented but very young.We could have six or seven teenagers
in our side. Would be delighted with a draw.

You and me both.

Hoping this will be the case in the second half of the season.

Sam_Heggy
01/07/2009, 2:44 PM
Missing an absolute bag full of players, will be happy with a draw tbh.

Injuries, Suspensions, departures, international, etc is killing us.

Lamper.sffc
01/07/2009, 4:24 PM
Missing an absolute bag full of players, will be happy with a draw tbh.

Injuries, Suspensions, departures, international, etc is killing us.

Bad news for yous, good for us

We have been missing 5 to 6 players for the last 2 to 3 months, hopefully a few will be back for this game. Especially hoping one or two of our centre backs are fit now.

Lamper.sffc
03/07/2009, 1:13 PM
Sporting Fingal FC Team Bulletin

League of Ireland First Division

Finn Harps v Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal will look to extend their winning streak to five games on Saturday when they make their first ever trip to Donegal to face Finn Harps (8pm).

Three successive one-nil victories in the league, coupled with the win at Blarney United in the FAI Ford Cup, have reignited Fingal’s season at the midway stage of the campaign.

“We’re in good shape heading into the second part of the season,” admitted manager Liam Buckley.

“The lads are refreshed after having a bit of time off last week but, like me, they are looking forward to resuming fixtures. A few recent results have kept us in contention for promotion and it’s essential we concentrate on the task ahead and apply ourselves properly in every game, starting at Finn Harps.
“They have just come off the back of a decent one-all draw at title challengers UCD and the players will be focussed on impressing their new manager James Gallagher.

Experienced defenders Shaun Maher (foot) and Stephen Paisley (ankle) are both still at least three weeks away from returning to action while centre-back Gareth Whelan is suspended for the meeting against Harps. Also sitting this one out for incurring bookings in four games is midfielder Shaun Williams. Robbie Doyle’s ongoing knee problem makes him a doubt.

Central defender Philip Byrne is available again following a calf injury, while Buckley’s attacking options are boosted by the return of striker Daniel Corcoran from a hamstring strain.

cheifo
05/07/2009, 12:21 PM
Cracking game.Real end to end stuff.Our young lads went tearing out of the blocks and were unlucky to be one down.

Fingal very good on the break and created a lot of good chances.

The goal from our CB Mailey was one of the best goals I have seen in recent years at FP.

Wouldn't be overy despondent from your perspective.Esp with Paisley and Maher to return.

Lamper.sffc
05/07/2009, 12:38 PM
Cracking game.Real end to end stuff.Our young lads went tearing out of the blocks and were unlucky to be one down.

Fingal very good on the break and created a lot of good chances.

The goal from our CB Mailey was one of the best goals I have seen in recent years at FP.

Wouldn't be overy despondent from your perspective.Esp with Paisley and Maher to return.

Not a great result from our point of view but fair play to yous. I always felt this would be a difficult one.

stamullendrog
05/07/2009, 10:40 PM
alright lads was reading the fingal independent the other day and they had an ad in for half season tickets for yourselves with the tag line follow our march to the premier division,ooops:o

Lamper.sffc
06/07/2009, 12:41 PM
alright lads was reading the fingal independent the other day and they had an ad in for half season tickets for yourselves with the tag line follow our march to the premier division,ooops:o

Those in glasshouses mate :p

stamullendrog
06/07/2009, 2:04 PM
Those in glasshouses mate :p

ha i know probably be a fingal drogheda play off!!!