Martinho II
03/07/2009, 7:48 PM
O'Callaghan and Keane?

http://lachatnoir.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/laurelhardy1.jpg

lookin at the picture on the right is that keane without hair and a stach!:D

SkStu
03/07/2009, 7:49 PM
yep

big long dopey face on Laurel too, just like Georgie boy.

weecountyman
03/07/2009, 8:46 PM
Disaster for George to go over there ...drinking buddy for Roddy ?

That's slander corkboy. And very unfair. If you don't have something legit to say, don't say anything. Very low and unfair, on both, especially the manager! Shows how low we Irish sink in our stupidity and begrudgery.

corkboy360
04/07/2009, 12:07 AM
That's slander corkboy. And very unfair. If you don't have something legit to say, don't say anything. Very low and unfair, on both, especially the manager! Shows how low we Irish sink in our stupidity and begrudgery.

Ya because there both angels ;)
the stuff george said too a buddy of mine at a pre season friendly this year was a disgrace no respect for the man at all.

weecountyman
04/07/2009, 8:30 AM
Ya because there both angels ;)
the stuff george said too a buddy of mine at a pre season friendly this year was a disgrace no respect for the man at all.

So you slander Roddy as well? On the say so of a buddy? Class, world class! Unfair and uncalled for. And a reason why our league is as it is. Lies and nastiness, unfair Corkboy, not typical of a true fan.

Hairy Bowsie
04/07/2009, 9:15 AM
And a reason why our league is as it is. Lies and nastiness.

Yes thats the reason why the league is as it is :rolleyes: Get a grip!! Being bitter and nasty is the god given right of every LoI fan, it's all we have now and it's one of the reasons why i come back every week.

Dodge
04/07/2009, 10:18 AM
So you slander Roddy as well? On the say so of a buddy? Class, world class! Unfair and uncalled for. And a reason why our league is as it is. Lies and nastiness, unfair Corkboy, not typical of a true fan.

Jaysus you're taking this a bit serious;ly fellah. All he said was that Roddy might have a drinking buddy. he didn't say he was a raging alcoholic. Roddy does like a pint every now and again. no more than the average lad

Calm down...

dcfcsteve
04/07/2009, 1:22 PM

And the award for 'Monumental loss of grip on reality and all perspective 2009' goes to..... :o

weecountyman
04/07/2009, 5:11 PM
Look guys, implied nonsense is uncalled for. First off, George has been struggling with demons and is trying to rebuild himself as well as his career. Roddy was blocked and messed about by one numbskull for long enough, both should be involved in the LOI rather than having to escape shadows and pressure. I think that's pretty fair to say?

sligo23
04/07/2009, 5:31 PM
Look guys, implied nonsense is uncalled for. First off, George has been struggling with demons and is trying to rebuild himself as well as his career. Roddy was blocked and messed about by one numbskull for long enough, both should be involved in the LOI rather than having to escape shadows and pressure. I think that's pretty fair to say?
so are you roddy or george?? i just can't tell:o

Hairy Bowsie
04/07/2009, 5:32 PM
Neither, he's Pat Dolan.

weecountyman
04/07/2009, 8:24 PM
Can I say neither if it's denying all 3? No, none of the above, just looking for a bit of decency. We all know George has had difficulties and good luck to him if he gets down to Malta and get his career back on track! As for MK, how long has he been out of the game? And Roddy can take care of himself, it's just good that he's no longer being held back through spite - but I wouldn't like to see him land in Dundalk! We'll hold out for Mourinho (I can dream!).

corkboy360
04/07/2009, 10:47 PM
Look guys, implied nonsense is uncalled for. First off, George has been struggling with demons and is trying to rebuild himself as well as his career.
The man does not deserve the right to wear the crest of any football club... No commitment we all know where his wages from malta will go;)

Floriana FC
04/07/2009, 11:52 PM
Michael Keane has not been mentioned until now down here at Floriana. Most probably the foreign signings will be george o'callaghan and a namibian international forward as the club has already an argentine midfielder under contract.

What type of problems george had in the past??? Alcohol or even more serious???

weecountyman
05/07/2009, 5:26 AM
As Woody Allen said "It's wonderful to meet people who are perfect, they're perfectly nice, but not the kind of people who understand imperfection, because they don't know what imperfections are." Apart from questionable taste in women and difficult movies, the man sums things up pretty well. :p

dcfcsteve
05/07/2009, 12:03 PM

You're right.

What the LOI needs more of is convicted drink-driving mercenaries and rubbish loud-mouthed sh!t-talking managers with no integrity who flee at the fist sign of their club being in difficulty.

How could we have been so wrong up to now....

LukeO
05/07/2009, 12:53 PM

Libel, not slander. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-slander-and-libel.htm

And it's only libellous if it isn't true, so I reckon corkboy is safe.

weecountyman
05/07/2009, 4:04 PM
Gotta love keyboard warriors :-) Can't beat them because you never meet them :-)

passerrby
06/07/2009, 2:19 PM
sometime steve you have an uncanny knack for articulating my views

bluemovie
06/07/2009, 6:16 PM
How do you make a Maltese Cross?

Tell him Roddy Collins is his club's new manager.

chan-lizard
07/07/2009, 1:29 PM
Michael Keane has not been mentioned until now down here at Floriana. Most probably the foreign signings will be george o'callaghan and a namibian international forward as the club has already an argentine midfielder under contract.

Check out www.ccfcforum.com (http://www.ccfcforum.com) if you want information about George from Cork City F.C fans, which is where he spent most of his career

Raheny Red
08/07/2009, 12:39 AM

Gambling, and it looks like he's still at it too.

corkboy360
08/07/2009, 1:48 AM
Gotta love keyboard warriors :-) Can't beat them because you never meet them :-)
Anytime mate;)
Be good ta see ya again George

Rory H
24/08/2009, 11:21 AM
Drew 1-1 in his first league game yesterday, playing a newly-promoted side at home, Floriana's goal came two minutes from time.

Go on Roddy.

marinobohs
24/08/2009, 11:25 AM
Drew 1-1 in his first league game yesterday, playing a newly-promoted side at home, Floriana's goal came two minutes from time.

Go on Roddy.

I wonder if he mentioned his "double win" in the post match interview ?

Mad Moose
24/08/2009, 12:04 PM

Go on Roddy.

I'll have to look out for them now. Did George play?.

I hope James comes back and updates us regularly. We can treat him to nuggets of wisdom from Roddy down the years.

God love him but he was a terrible chancer and much loved by RTE. I couldn't ever listen to him at all.

brianw82
24/08/2009, 12:07 PM
I miss Roddy. Sure, he talked some amount of BS but he was entertaining on MNS, unlike Sean Prunty, who's as boring as a stack of pallets.

Dillonman
24/08/2009, 12:46 PM
Theres only oen thing Roddy is good at, "mouthing" out of him!

Ezeikial
24/08/2009, 2:15 PM
I'll have to look out for them now. Did George play?.

If you mean George O'Callaghan - he is playing with Yeovil Town

Mad Moose
24/08/2009, 2:48 PM
If you mean George O'Callaghan - he is playing with Yeovil Town

Oh right. According to this thread he was joining Roddy in Malta.

seand
24/08/2009, 3:00 PM
Incredibly George is playing regularly for Yeovil

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=15089

ger121
24/08/2009, 4:55 PM
Did Shoddy end up signing any of the players he was intending to?

Dillonman
24/08/2009, 4:57 PM
Did Shoddy end up signing any of the players he was intending to?

DOnt think so, he said George had agreed to join him but he went to Yeovil, he said he was speaking to us re a loan deal for Fabio, but hes at Pats so chance is he coudl get him in January and he said he was after Dave Rogers who actually joined Lisburn who are having an awful season!

SMorgan
24/08/2009, 8:49 PM
I see Roddy started off yesterday with a one-all draw at home to Qormi F.C. (whoever they are!!)

dcfcsteve
24/08/2009, 8:59 PM
I see Roddy started off yesterday with a one-all draw at home to Qormi F.C. (whoever they are!!)

They're a soya-based meat substitute....

thischarmingman
24/08/2009, 8:59 PM

Really? (http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/)

PartySaint
24/08/2009, 10:07 PM
They have Valletta next week in the big Derby over there,

Come on Valletta:D

Umberside
24/08/2009, 10:15 PM
They have Valletta next week in the big Derby over there,

Come on Valletta:D

Valletta 1-0 Floriana Cruyff 90'

Next week Roddy signs him.

Floriana FC
25/08/2009, 1:55 PM
Hi all,

First of all on Sunday we did not play a newly promoted side beacuse qormi where in the premier division last year already. They signed 8 new players in the summer and they where one of the most active sides in the transfer market. We drew in the 88th minute but we dominated the game hitting the post twice in the second half and had 4 other clear chances...

We signed a new keeper bernard paris (24 years old and came from birkirkara), left full back clifton ciantar (30 years old and former floriana player), former floriana skipper and playmaker christian cassar (26 years old), marlon briffa was confirmed (26 years old and last year's player of the year for floriana) and english forward former coventry city and kilmarnock donovan simmonds (20 years old). We are expecting to sign another english forward before saturday's derby match and another local player. In january a famous irish premier league player could sign for us...

Roddy last sunday was spot on in the substitutions he made and team were physically very well prepared. The game was played at 5pm in an incredibly hot weather! Next Saturday's match is a very difficult match beacuse of the quality of our opponents however our squad is not surely the fighting spirit that maybe lacked in the past and this mentallity was surely installed by the new manager!

COMEON GREENS!!!!!!!!

brianw82
25/08/2009, 8:00 PM
Thanks for the report, FFC. Feel free to let us know how Roddy is doing, and if he manages to keep his nose clean!

dcfcsteve
25/08/2009, 10:09 PM
In january a famous irish premier league player could sign for us...

LOL - there are no famous players in the League of Ireland Premier Division....! :D

Good to see Roddy up to his usual spin and spoofery.

Floriana - does your club have much money ? The only way a half decent player from Ireland would go to Malta would be if the money was more than they're getting here. Or at least close to what they're getting here if they're on decent wedge already, with the added allure of some sunshine. Roddy may talk a good game, but I suspect that most Irish players would know his reputation and be wary of him.

soccerc
25/08/2009, 10:26 PM
LOL - there are no famous players in the League of Ireland Premier Division....! :D

Good to see Roddy up to his usual spin and spoofery.

Floriana - does your club have much money ? The only way a half decent player from Ireland would go to Malta would be if the money was more than they're getting here. Or at least close to what they're getting here if they're on decent wedge already, with the added allure of some sunshine. Roddy may talk a good game, but I suspect that most Irish players would know his reputation and be wary of him.

Steve,many would go for the lifestyle and the cheapish cost of living.

christo
25/08/2009, 10:33 PM
DOnt think so, he said George had agreed to join him but he went to Yeovil

Well then Roddy doesn't understand what agreeing to join him means.

dcfcsteve
26/08/2009, 12:42 AM
Steve,many would go for the lifestyle and the cheapish cost of living.

I'm not so sure SC.

The standard of football is definitely poorer over there (the odd dodgy Irish Euro result aside ! :) ), and I doubt it would pay enough to attract our top tier of full-time players - even in the current economic climate. A lower standard of living is all very well, but people will still compare what they're on now to what they would be on over there anyway (human nature) and factor in the drop in standard and being in a footballing backwater as well (Keith Fahey or Kevin Doyle wouldn't have ended up where did if they'd been in Malta :D). Balanced against that would be sunshine and a lower cost of living - though I've never been to Malta so have no idea how costs compare.

The second or third tier of players here talent-wise may find the opportunity more attractive, as they'd be on lower salaries than the best, may not be full-time but keen to move that way, and the drop in standard would be less of an issue for them.

It'll be interesting to see how many the league's prime spoofer can coax over there with his promises of sun, shekels, sand and soccer.

soccerc
26/08/2009, 1:45 AM
I'm not so sure SC.
Balanced against that would be sunshine and a lower cost of living - though I've never been to Malta so have no idea how costs compare.

I can only go on what Jordi Cruyff said, "€1200 a week and all this" pointing to the sun, sea and eh, females.

Luke Dimech, formerly of Rovers confirmed that while the money may not be great the lifestyle more than mad eup for playing in the lower reaches of the UK.

I'm not advocating Malta but suggesting that if some players wanted an easy life then it is there.

Additionally players appear to be well treated locally with restaurants and bars offering them meals and drinks gratis.

Floriana FC
26/08/2009, 9:39 AM
Well first of all financially we are one of the weaker sides in the premier league... I think that jordi cruyff of v......a gets paid a salary equal to nearly all our squad together!

About the foreigners coming down to malta, it's a fact that there are some factors that help like the standard of the league, the weather etc but i can assure you that there are local and foreign players that could easily make it in the irish premier league. The fact is that semi-professionalism could not help these players develop there talents.

About george o'callaghan he was offered a contract from yeovil town and it's fair to say that yeovil town are competing in a league better than the maltese premier league and they have better salaries. I don't think he did not come over to Floriana beacuse of Roddy but beacuse he was offered a better contract.

A N Mouse
26/08/2009, 11:56 AM
If Roddy loses against Valletta, he's got a ready made excuse...

Raheny Red
26/08/2009, 5:12 PM
Hi all,

First of all on Sunday we did not play a newly promoted side beacuse qormi where in the premier division last year already.

Well Roddy writes an article every week for a Sunday paper over here and he said himself that they are a newly promoted side. Good luck with the spoofer.

Umberside
26/08/2009, 5:16 PM
Well Roddy writes an article every week for a Sunday paper over here and he said himself that they are a newly promoted side. Good luck with the spoofer.

Can't wait to read the paper next Sunday and see what his excuse for that one is :p