PDA

View Full Version : currency in albania

the rovers
27/06/2009, 10:19 AM
just wondering does anyone know about the use of the euro ( i know they not in the e.u. and euro) if they accept it or will we need to bring local currency which i believe is called the albanian lek. i know that if you want to change currency in the bank they may not have it and would have to order. would be as well to know this before arriving over there and no bureau d change!

kiki
27/06/2009, 11:31 AM
they saw to bring euors because the albanian currency is worth nothing and it is awful hard to get outside the country. i'm just bringing euros

Rovers1
27/06/2009, 11:51 AM
They accept Euro in both countries afaik. Very difficult to get the Albanian currency though.

Just a warning to anyone bringing a laser/cirrus, the banks over there can charge you up to €15, every time you withdraw money.

brianw82
27/06/2009, 1:11 PM
If Romania is anything to go by, almost everyone will accept euros for everything.

Euros can also solve almost any problems you may have at the border. :)

sligoman
29/06/2009, 7:07 PM
Just a warning to anyone bringing a laser/cirrus, the banks over there can charge you up to €15, every time you withdraw money.Or not.

Rory H
29/06/2009, 8:03 PM
If Romania is anything to go by, almost everyone will accept euros for everything.

Euros can also solve almost any problems you may have at the border. :)

So can a bit o' leg.....i mean lek.

Rovers1
29/06/2009, 9:21 PM
Or not.

Was warned of this again today at work, chances are you wont be charged big time, but i wouldn't risk it.

sligoman
30/06/2009, 12:46 AM
Was warned of this again today at work, chances are you wont be charged big time, but i wouldn't risk it.You are charged, but not €15. You'll be bringing yer fanny pack anyway so no worries there;)

Rovers1
30/06/2009, 12:49 AM
You are charged, but not €15. You'll be bringing yer fanny pack anyway so no worries there;)

Damn straight i will! and you'll be getting th.....

No, too many kids on here for that...

Da Real Rover
01/07/2009, 7:56 PM
You are charged, but not €15. You'll be bringing yer fanny pack anyway so no worries there;)
Happy Birthday Sligoman.
Heres 21 kisses babe.
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X