Sville will win 1a this year

the quiet 1
25/06/2009, 5:43 PM

Not a chance of that happening bud

Mister Ed
25/06/2009, 5:47 PM

you probably thaught that last year, anyway teams not even back training yet and your calling the league, are sville splashing out like madrid and getting all the big names in ?

On The Ball
25/06/2009, 6:57 PM
Doubt it

On The Ball
25/06/2009, 6:58 PM
you probably thaught that last year, anyway teams not even back training yet and your calling the league, are sville splashing out like madrid and getting all the big names in ?
They cant even get the big names at summerville.

abbeyvale
25/06/2009, 10:56 PM
Prem Winners : Pike
Relegated : Corbally & Mungret

Div 1A Winners : Star Rvs
Runner up : Granville
Relegated : Prospect & Balla "B"

Div 1B Winners : Fairview "B"
Runner up : Park AFC (OR WHATEVER NAME THEY DECIDE TO USE NEXT SEASON)
Relegated : Bruff & Pike "B"

Mister Ed
26/06/2009, 1:01 PM
Big names??? Ye'r watchin too much sky sports news! summervill wil be there usual,hard to beat and there,thereabouts come may next year.

why? Is cyril the saint coming back from the view ???:p

Lev Yashin
26/06/2009, 2:56 PM

Div 1A Winners : Star RvsRunner up : Granville

Is it head or heart that makes you say this?? ;)

abbeyvale
26/06/2009, 6:18 PM
Is it head or heart that makes you say this?? ;)

Both.............

francesco_1
27/06/2009, 12:16 AM

Who have ye lined up abbey? i tipped ye for promotion last year after we played ye but i was far off and ye had a good side...what will be the difference this year do u think?

abbeyvale
28/06/2009, 6:13 PM
Who have ye lined up abbey? i tipped ye for promotion last year after we played ye but i was far off and ye had a good side...what will be the difference this year do u think?

New players (if they keep their word and actually sign)

the quiet 1
29/06/2009, 8:23 AM
why? Is cyril the saint coming back from the view ???:p

Cyril Maher is signing with carew pk this year....

Mister Ed
29/06/2009, 1:47 PM
Cyril Maher is signing with carew pk this year....

great signing for carew if it goes ahead, not too sure what cyril is thinking going there:confused:, maybe a few more going there with him

footie freak
29/06/2009, 4:51 PM

far too early to call the outcome of next season, wont be for another few weeks till teams are back trainin, what state or has any one any idea what granville are going to be like. have they lost players or are they just not good enough for prem any more.

Mister Ed
30/06/2009, 6:15 AM
His brother in law pat coyce is takin over crew i think, he's going playin a tournament wit them pre season,he's probably signing alright,great player maher is,and often under rated cos of his ability to play anywhere on d field.imo didnt get a fair crack at it up at fairview. He wont be back with summervill anyway.

hopefully paddy koyce can do a better job than whats been done the last few years, i agree maher has been under rated fine player he is, also on another note hope granville can come back up straight away, good club with some sound fellas involved with them some good players too hopefully they can get some good signings this year

mulla
01/07/2009, 9:39 AM
Dave dineen is new manager,apparently been doing alot of ringin around for players so far!

Who is Dave Dineen,Played football with a dave dineen a few years back for shelbourne in 1b and i'm wondering if its the same guy

mulla
01/07/2009, 12:54 PM
Dunno bud to be honest,as far as i no he used play with summervill for a while too,now involved with mary i college i think,came from d noel o connor school of excellence!

a lot of excellent coaches benefitted from his knowledge,Pat Dolan for example:D:D

javi-n A laugh
01/07/2009, 5:03 PM
Well seeing as last season's one was locked :confused:

Time to start a new one...:ball:
Well shannonman with a bit of luck last season yee could have been promoted and in a cup final so will the majority of team be staying and will there be any new faces.

Lev Yashin
02/07/2009, 8:04 AM
Well we have lost one...Jamie Egan has gone to Cork under 20's
Apart from that i'd say we'll keep everyone and rumours of a few newbie's alright so hopefully anyone who can strenghten the squad would be a welcome addition....but until a form is signed nothing is concrete(not even our dressing rooms!!):D

Goals4fun
02/07/2009, 8:20 AM
Well we have lost one...Jamie Egan has gone to Cork under 20's
Apart from that i'd say we'll keep everyone and rumours of a few newbie's alright so hopefully anyone who can strenghten the squad would be a welcome addition....but until a form is signed nothing is concrete(not even our dressing rooms!!):D

get of the fence and throw a few names about.....don't think you wil be luring any from town, so it must be the other teams in the locality that ye are taking.....:D

Lev Yashin
02/07/2009, 8:51 AM
get of the fence and throw a few names about.....don't think you wil be luring any from town, so it must be the other teams in the locality that ye are taking.....:D

Now now.....a gentleman never tells!!! :D
Na cant name names of any players who are involved with teams at the moment....wouldn't be right

Goals4fun
02/07/2009, 9:26 AM
Now now.....a gentleman never tells!!! :D
Na cant name names of any players who are involved with teams at the moment....wouldn't be right

nobody is involved with teams at the moment, it is off season....:D

Lev Yashin
02/07/2009, 10:35 AM
True..but people have loyalties...well some do!
so ill leave it a few weeks and we'll see what happen's we are back training tuesday week anyway

dines08
02/07/2009, 5:28 PM
Well shannonman with a bit of luck last season yee could have been promoted and in a cup final so will the majority of team be staying and will there be any new faces.

With a bit of luck...or if teams hadn't laid down for us, right?

javi-n A laugh
02/07/2009, 5:41 PM
With a bit of luck...or if teams hadn't laid down for us, right?

No i didn't mean that, the table never lies and geraldines deserved to get promoted.

Lev Yashin
02/07/2009, 7:00 PM
there is only one thing worse than a sore loser......
table doesn't lie...ye went up fair and square

But surely you should be concentrating on the premier thread now and leave us lowly 1A'ers to bicker amoung ourselves?? ;)

dines08
03/07/2009, 1:04 PM
[QUOTE=shannonman;1186111]there is only one thing worse than a sore loser......
table doesn't lie...ye went up fair and square

But surely you should be concentrating on the premier thread now and leave us lowly 1A'ers to bicker amoung ourselves??

can't get a word in edgeways with these premier bigshots.
I enjoy the banter in the lowly 1a thread

Lev Yashin
03/07/2009, 1:14 PM
[QUOTE=shannonman;1186111]
can't get a word in edgeways with these premier bigshots.
I enjoy the banter in the lowly 1a thread

Sure aren't you a "bigshot" now?!?!

dines08
04/07/2009, 5:36 AM
[QUOTE=dines08;1186437]

Sure aren't you a "bigshot" now?!?!

of course...a superstar amongst bigshots

Lev Yashin
07/07/2009, 12:13 PM
Anyone got their dates for pre-season training yet??:ball:

Goals4fun
07/07/2009, 12:30 PM

9th july....:D

Lev Yashin
07/07/2009, 12:44 PM
which team is that with???? ;):p

Goals4fun
07/07/2009, 12:48 PM
which team is that with???? ;):p

not sure yet, my agent has to tell me when and where.....hope it is not with that shower up in corrib drive...lol...am gone too long to be sent back...(1994 :eek:)

Lev Yashin
07/07/2009, 2:17 PM
not sure yet, my agent has to tell me when and where.....hope it is not with that shower up in corrib drive...lol...am gone too long to be sent back...(1994 :eek:)

you know you love us!!! :D

Goals4fun
07/07/2009, 2:31 PM
you know you love us!!! :D

you missed a few words between 'love us'.....drop 'to kick' in between there and you might be close...:D

Lev Yashin
07/07/2009, 3:29 PM
you missed a few words between 'love us'.....drop 'to kick' in between there and you might be close...:D

Shocking!!! :eek:
Feeling is mutual! ;)

the quiet 1
07/07/2009, 9:40 PM

9th of July mate... Bring it on...

papa-j
10/07/2009, 10:44 AM
Lads, Shannon Olympic Clare premier team( just promoted) looking for friendly games. Will travel as our pitch is recovering after some sand slitting / re-seeding work.

Let me know if you are interested.

abbeyvale
14/07/2009, 11:19 PM
Cyril Cleary (Shelbourne - Star Rvs)
Stuart Busoli (Southend - Star Rvs)

the quiet 1
15/07/2009, 7:37 AM
Cyril Cleary (Shelbourne - Star Rvs)
Stuart Busoli (Southend - Star Rvs)

Cyril Cleary is a fine player if you can keep him off the beer on a Sturday nite. He is a very skillfull player with loads of ability.

notjustagame
15/07/2009, 9:13 AM
Dromore Celtic have lost 7 players and a few more expected to leave very soon. Dont tink any squad could deal with such a loss. Maybe mite be 2 seasons in a row for them. Shame to see it happen to any club.

Edgey
15/07/2009, 11:06 AM
Dromore Celtic have lost 7 players and a few more expected to leave very soon. Dont tink any squad could deal with such a loss. Maybe mite be 2 seasons in a row for them. Shame to see it happen to any club.

18 training last night and that was without most of our regulars. B team back this season. Sounds healthy enough to me.

notjustagame
15/07/2009, 11:23 AM
I heard numbers are healthy enough alrite. Good to hear about entering 2 teams. 7 squad members from last years team gone though will surely affect chances of performing well in 1A. Alot of players that trained last nite will not be in the running for 1A team place either i hear?

Lev Yashin
15/07/2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone hear anything about Granville..are they gonna be strong this year??

Edgey
15/07/2009, 12:28 PM
I heard numbers are healthy enough alrite. Good to hear about entering 2 teams. 7 squad members from last years team gone though will surely affect chances of performing well in 1A. Alot of players that trained last nite will not be in the running for 1A team place either i hear?

Being honest pal, i wasn't there so you seem to know more than me.

We've lost some good players alright and the very best of luck to them with their new clubs. But we've kept more than I thought we would, have some very strong signings lined up and the guy that has come in to train the two teams is supposed to be excellent. At this stage I've no idea how competitive we'll be but to call it a sinking ship is way off the mark.

hoops12
15/07/2009, 1:25 PM
johnathon griffin with star is gone to pike B,

notjustagame
15/07/2009, 2:11 PM
Well when i heard 7 players gone from last years squad, i thought the worst. Dromore havent been known for their big summer signings either. What div will the b team play in? Any other movers lads?:)

up front
15/07/2009, 3:12 PM
what players did the supposedly lose?