PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Game Really Hotting up

thecorner
22/01/2004, 2:35 PM
while we enjoy the friendly banter with waterford, this season seems to be getting extra special with every moment

with ratnolds gone back there and the other tool in goal, fenn coming this way to add a bit of extra spice

but wait http://www.btid.tk/

its been said time and time again about keano but with his arch enemy as manager of waterford,we have to give him grief

oh,u can nearly cut the tension already

u may not like keano, but we should stick as one for this and if he gets the job,lets welcome him to hell

SÓC
22/01/2004, 2:52 PM
Anyone have the actual address for that? not the .tk redirect one above.

Bloody computers in work dont allow .tk websites!

Ruairi
22/01/2004, 3:00 PM
try http://www33.brinkster.com/btid/home2.htm

Pablo
22/01/2004, 3:14 PM
who cares about Roy Keane? whats he got to do with City? he's a queen loving Manc

A face
22/01/2004, 4:06 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
who cares about Roy Keane? whats he got to do with City? he's a queen loving Manc

The Saxon Shiling :)

Sure he is even getting an accent now aswell

He is becoming more English than the English themselves :)

RedX
22/01/2004, 4:10 PM
Some of you lads are well out of order with your rubbish talk about Roy Keane.Talk about Cork begrudgery.Roy Keane is the best player Cork has ever produced and we should all be proud of him.I am not a Man Utd fan but i am a bl**dy well soccer fan and i really do wish some of you kids would just keep your mouths shut about Keane unless you have something positive to say about the guy.Niall Quinn(A Dub)stabbed Keane in the back and people on here moan enough about the Dubs so if Quinn does come to City as manager of Waterford he does deserve stick and i will give him loads and so will all the guys i know(and no they are not all Utd fans either).Roy Keane puts in a lot of charity work(especially with the Blind dogs association on the Model Farm Road) and is a PROUD Corkman.So some of you kids show the guy some respect and no he is not a queen lover or any other kiddie name you can think up.Beleive me, you and i and everyone else on this Forum would take all the money the guy has without a whimper.What do you expect??Should he have stayed plaing eircom league??Makes me sick listenting to some of you...

thecorner
22/01/2004, 8:54 PM
it doesnt matter wether ye are keane fans or not

if niall quinn gets the waterford job, he deserves stick for dissing a corkman

and i know he will get stick

yiddo
22/01/2004, 9:42 PM
If Quinn gets the Waterford job he should get the same amount of stick as any other manager, no more or no less. I mean if carry this on what would happen if Roy arrived at the Cross in a few years as manager of ,God forbid, Rovers or Bohs ? Now I don't want anyone coming back saying that Roy is a proud Corkman he wouln't take a job in jackeenland. ;)

Lads this is a pointless topic of ifs, buts, and maybe,s. Roll on the new season and some real footie debate !

fonzi
22/01/2004, 9:47 PM
thayere all all as bad as each other, the national team players that is.

thecorner
22/01/2004, 11:30 PM
this is more than just keane and quinn

this is about a jackeen stabbing a corkman in the back

and is our duty to inflict revenge

razor
23/01/2004, 8:05 AM
Originally posted by RedX
Roy Keane puts in a lot of charity work(especially with the Blind dogs association on the Model Farm Road)

It'd be some fun crossing the road with one of those dogs.
:D

patsh
23/01/2004, 8:16 AM
Originally posted by Dylan

"keano" as you affectionately refer to the serial woman-beater

Its not very smart to be making statements like this.
Surely this is libellous?..........:rolleyes:

Neil
23/01/2004, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by razor
It'd be some fun crossing the road with one of those dogs.
:D

The dog goes half way across the road with ya and then bails out sulking that the road is like a carpark...

sadloserkid
23/01/2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
this is more than just keane and quinn

and is our duty to inflict revenge

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:D Talk about touchy.

That was almost as funny as the comment that we should all build little shrines to Roy Keane because he's given time and money to charity. You do know what Niall Quinn did with his testimonial don't you? Ditto for Gary Kelly while we're at it.

Give Quinn a slagging by all means, for being a Dub, for being a lanky drink of water, for being an over-rated player here who traded off one fortuitous goal in 1990 (like Quinn myself but he was never the legend the ole olers thought) but for God's sake leave Keane out of it. You're only gonna embarrass the man.

Ozymandias
23/01/2004, 10:59 AM
This is a football forum...and based on football terms Keane stands head and shoulders above anything else this city has produced....he should be celebrated for that alone as is Denis Irwin,Davey barry..Noel Cantwell et al.

All the above were great Corkman and every single one of them were very different in their views and personalities.....

the bottom line is that Roy was class.. If some people call him a knacker or a ****** fair enough but he's our Knacker/W**ker...

and all the others would love him to be theirs.

Macy
23/01/2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
but I'm not going to boo him because he didn't kiss Roy's ass.
judging by his autobiography, you should boo him to make him cry, and that would be extremely funny...

tiktok
23/01/2004, 12:38 PM
Jesus lads,

Forget Keane,

Let's just bring all our dirty washing down to Waterford, throw it at Quinn in the dugout and tell him to get his wife to sort it out for us.
Or ask him what that 100th stain surf can't get out is.

Éanna
23/01/2004, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
it doesnt matter wether ye are keane fans or not

if niall quinn gets the waterford job, he deserves stick for dissing a corkman
Niall Quinn is a legend. One of the best to play for Ireland, and he deserves nothing but respect. This Keane argument is boring, and should be left to the bar-stool muppets who have nothing better to do. Can we please get on with our lives :rolleyes:

thecorner
23/01/2004, 2:43 PM
Niall Quinn is a legend. One of the best to play for Ireland, and he deserves nothing but respect. This Keane argument is boring, and should be left to the bar-stool muppets who have nothing better to do. Can we please get on with our lives

nice to see you turning into a jackeen lover hypocrite:D

ccfc till i die
23/01/2004, 4:29 PM
I would love to see that absolute moron come back and justify that woman beater comment.

RedX
23/01/2004, 5:24 PM
Conor74...In reply to your last comment fto ccfc til i die,i presume he is talking in relation to Dylans childish comments about Roy Keane being a woman beater.Come on dont be sarcastic and use your head.You know dam well what the guy meant

Next..The Begrudgery comment you think is a cheap shot on my behalf do you?Why do you think i would want to be throwing cheap shots around a forum that is full of fellow City fans like myself?:confused:

And the answer to your comment on Denis Irwin is..because Roy Keane is one of the best players in the world.

Gary
23/01/2004, 6:10 PM

Thats right ya. One happily played for his country, and was proud of it, warts and all, the other flew home to his (Manchester!).

:p :p :p

This is the biggest non argument i ever have seen. If quinn were to take over at Waaaaaaaaaaaaaherfurh, it would be a shame to see that their scumbag chairman has won in shafting McGeogh totally, and getting a high profile manager instead of him.

As for booing Quinn? Corner, what drugs do u take biy?

RedX
23/01/2004, 6:11 PM
Conor...i honestly dont care no more.I am going for a pint.Roy Keane is probably out spending his millions and i am here arguing over him...:D

Come ON CITY....

patsh
23/01/2004, 6:13 PM
In all seriousness how does an upcoming EL game between City and Waterford descend into a pro/anti Roy Keane rant?...:eek:

Gary
23/01/2004, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by patsh
In all seriousness how does an upcoming EL game between City and Waterford descend into a pro/anti Roy Keane rant?...:eek:

Christ sake Pat, can you ever leave that issue go? swear to god, all ur ever on about is Roy this and Roy that.

In all seriousness, i think this close season is doing strange things to ppl. Afterall, it is now 19.38 Friday evening. At this time we should be at a match, or going to the pub to get text updates (pure barstooler me eh?!).

Its too long, and we still have another 7 - 8 wks. Whats a fella to do?

Ruairi
23/01/2004, 6:45 PM
I feel your pain Gar, I mean, I'm going to a Neptune game this evnin for fecks sake, in the vain hope it might quench my thirst for live sport...

It's no city, but at least I'll get to shout alot and chant stupid things like "deeee-fence" over and over again

Martinho II
23/01/2004, 9:30 PM
f u c k roy keane i thought this was a cork city thread NOT a roy keane thread. This should be put into the Ireland Thread.

If you wanted to talk about his brother who played for cobh well that is a different matter.......:D

RebelBhoy
23/01/2004, 11:19 PM
At the end of the day Roy Keane is a Corkman, an Irishman and proud of it. Ya I've heard the "he let his country down brigade"'s opinion a hundred times before, and I was also gutted that he did'nt play in Japan. Whoever was at fault(IMO it was McCarthy) you dont honestly think he did'nt want to represent his country in the World Cup.

If you ever question his desire to play for Ireland just watch the Holand match at home, or the match where he scored two in a potential bannana skin when everyone else was thinkin of drink or somethin(was it Andorra?). Top class. He represented his country over 50 times, and is IMO the best Irish player of all time. Attitude problem? Maybe but I still think he was right to stand up to FAI and McCarthy BS. (and quinn).

Quinn should get loads off us Corkonians! And Ratnolds and Connor. Roys our Boy!

Dont no bout eanna and them but I will give it loads wit corner and all them.

RedX
24/01/2004, 12:14 AM
Well said RebelBhoy...well said.;)

wablue
24/01/2004, 8:16 PM
Anyway to the game, everyone must all agree now that this is the biggest derby match in the league, which is great for the league!
As for quinn hardly be coming down here, anyway

adamcarr
24/01/2004, 9:27 PM
lads, this is supposed to be a cork city vs waaaherford thread.
but as we are are on the subject roy keane is THE GREATEST IRISH PLAYER OF ALL TIME and he is proud to be irishand you are wrong to say otherwise

thecorner
24/01/2004, 9:39 PM
Originally posted by adamcarr
lads, this is supposed to be a cork city vs waaaherford thread.

yes ur right
and we are on about the waterford manager to be stabbing a corkman in the back:rolleyes:

thecorner
25/01/2004, 9:54 AM
disreagrding the post from what biy! coz i know for a fact u will be one of the first to be quinn

what biy!=keanes greatest fan

thecorner
25/01/2004, 3:14 PM
Originally posted by what biy!
keane great player and all that, but no way would i be a fan of him. only his soccer skills

was waiting for the cover-up

nothing to be ashamed of