PDA

View Full Version : Irish Players Without a Club

Carrigaline
24/06/2009, 2:49 PM
I'm interested in knowing which Irish professional players are currently without a club. Can anyone help me out? I'll update this post as necessary.

Off the top of my head, I can think of.

Liam Miller
Nicky Colgan
David Connolly
Graham Barrett

Anymore?

Colbert Report
24/06/2009, 10:21 PM
Where is Ian Harte these days?

tetsujin1979
24/06/2009, 10:39 PM
signed with Carlisle

Crosby87
24/06/2009, 11:46 PM
Stokes?

gustavo
24/06/2009, 11:53 PM
Did Michael Collins get a club since leaving Pats?

Dodge
25/06/2009, 1:37 AM
Did Michael Collins get a club since leaving Pats?

He wasn't with Pats, only training with us. Still is apparently but LOI sides can't sign until July 1st

Chicago AOH
25/06/2009, 4:58 AM
I think Alan Mahon has been released from Burnley.

Claret Murph
25/06/2009, 7:55 AM
I think Alan Mahon has been released from Burnley.

Yes you are right me has , he was loaned out to Blackpool near the end of the season and he hopes to get a contract with them , again nothing will happen until the 30th of June when his contract is up with Burnley .

gustavo
25/06/2009, 9:01 AM
He wasn't with Pats, only training with us. Still is apparently but LOI sides can't sign until July 1st

Actually I meant Michael Keane :o

SunderlandBohs
25/06/2009, 9:08 AM
Joe Kendrick was released by Inter Baku. Something to do with his contract.

The Betting Man
25/06/2009, 9:20 AM
Richie Foran is expected to sign for either Falkirk or St.Johnsotne

SunderlandBohs
25/06/2009, 9:35 AM
Just a few more I found

Fred Murray
Barry Corr
Diarmuid O'Carroll
Barry Quinn
Richie Partridge

Closed Account
25/06/2009, 10:08 AM
Players available for Free transfer according to the PFA

Alan Bennett
Willie Boland
Nick Colgan
Joe Collins(portsmouth)
Barry Corr
Patrick Cregg
Ian Daly
Jon Douglas
Gary Frewen(reading)
Matt Holland
Colin Larkin
Kevin Maher
Craig Mahon
Ian Morris
Fred Murray
Josh O Keefe
Stephen O Leary
Richie Partridge
Barry Quinn
Robbie Williams

superfrank
25/06/2009, 11:26 AM
Is the Jon Douglas the one that was at Leeds the last few years?

youngirish
25/06/2009, 12:14 PM
I'm interested in knowing which Irish professional players are currently without a club. Can anyone help me out? I'll update this post as necessary.

Off the top of my head, I can think of.

Liam Miller
Nicky Colgan
David Connolly
Graham Barrett

Anymore?

Where is Billy Clarke these days I assumed he had been released by Ipswich.

Closed Account
25/06/2009, 1:25 PM
Yes, was released at end of last season
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8063666.stm

SunderlandBohs
25/06/2009, 1:32 PM
Randolp and Holland have signed new contracts with Charlton today.

Clarke is free. Notts Co. Shrewsbury Linclon and Brentford are all interested.

joema
25/06/2009, 4:37 PM

Alan Bennett

Signed on permanently with Brentford, last week.

sadloserkid
27/06/2009, 11:23 PM
Billy Clarke signed for Blackpool I believe.

Philly
28/06/2009, 8:58 AM
Any word on where Joe O'Ceaurill has ended up? I know he was released by Pats last season. Going from an Irish call-up to unemployed in around three years, at his age, is fairly shocking!

superfrank
28/06/2009, 11:36 AM
http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/http:/www.centerlinesoccer.com/obrienim-definitely-not-coming-back/

Ronnie O'Brien is still without a club, afaik.

Scram
28/06/2009, 2:45 PM

Robbie Williams

Who'd Take That?

:o

Scram
28/06/2009, 2:46 PM

He was at Blackpool.

drummerboy
29/06/2009, 8:29 AM
He was at Blackpool.

Signed a 2 year deal at Carlisle.

rambler14
29/06/2009, 9:25 AM

Yeah falling out with the manager apparently.

Lionel Ritchie
29/06/2009, 9:47 AM
Yeah falling out with the manager apparently.

Dunno if it was with the manager per se. He couldn't agree a wages deal with the club.

joema
29/06/2009, 1:50 PM
Any word on where Joe O'Ceaurill has ended up? I know he was released by Pats last season. Going from an Irish call-up to unemployed in around three years, at his age, is fairly shocking!

Still looking for a club, it seems.

He never should have been capped for us. Another embarrassing decision from Staunton...just like with Lapira.

youngirish
29/06/2009, 2:26 PM
Still looking for a club, it seems.

He never should have been capped for us. Another embarrassing decision from Staunton...just like with Lapira.

Don't forget Alan O'Brien.

Stuttgart88
30/06/2009, 11:12 AM
I don't think AO'B was the worst to be honest. It's always a new manager's prerogative to look at options. Mick tried players like David Savage. I know AO'B never even impressed on loan in the lower leagues but he was young and lightning fast, just couldn't play football very well!

His burst from deep against Holland when he just didn't know what to do when actually confronted by a defender showed up a lack of vision / awareness (he had am easy pass to either side but held on to it) and his very first touches in Stuttgart where he took 3 touches to control a routine pass showed him up though. His crossing in the USA made Chris Morris look like Beckham, though he did set up Long's goal in Boston (Bolivia?).

drummerboy
30/06/2009, 11:28 AM
I don't think AO'B was the worst to be honest. It's always a new manager's prerogative to look at options. Mick tried players like David Savage. I know AO'B never even impressed on loan in the lower leagues but he was young and lightning fast, just couldn't play football very well!

His burst from deep against Holland when he just didn't know what to do when actually confronted by a defender showed up a lack of vision / awareness (he had am easy pass to either side but held on to it) and his very first touches in Stuttgart where he took 3 touches to control a routine pass showed him up though. His crossing in the USA made Chris Morris look like Beckham, though he did set up Long's goal in Boston (Bolivia?).

The only reason O'Brien got his caps was because of the influence Pat Devlin, his agent, had with Stan. Unhealthy to say the least.

Stuttgart88
30/06/2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. I remember the furore here about Devlin and various conflicts of interest but I took it with a pinch of salt as the same lobby were rarely pleased with anything.

youngirish
30/06/2009, 12:57 PM

Even worse than Lapira Stutts?

He was very poor though. Other than his speed he had nothing else going for him. A winger who ran with his head down looking at the ball never going anywhere.

shep
30/06/2009, 1:57 PM
Douglas Swindon bound apparantly.

zackmorris
30/06/2009, 10:40 PM
Conor McCormack in the Herald:

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/mccormack-is-on-italian-job-1798010.html

Thommo
01/07/2009, 11:52 AM
Patrick Cregg has joined Hibs from Falkirk and joined former Falkirk manager John Hughes.