PDA

View Full Version : Colm Foley For City?

Pablo
22/01/2004, 11:52 AM
Its in some of the tabloids today that Dolan has made a bid.........good signing?

tiktok
22/01/2004, 12:15 PM
He'd be a decent signing I suppose. Pat's might let him go seeing as they have a good collection of central defenders to step in. Probably would be a better defender than either Bennett or Coughlan to partner Murray. Seems a strange area to concentrate on.

SÓC
22/01/2004, 12:19 PM
How about it, a midfield of Dolyer Dan Murray Georgie and Kearney.

Foley at the back with Coughlan/Benno.

Dodge
22/01/2004, 1:25 PM
Apparently you bid 50,000 for him last year. IMO the best defender in the league and I'd be disgusted if he went.

According to eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/stpatricksathletic/story.asp?newsid=9483) he's not going...

Peadar
22/01/2004, 1:30 PM
From eleven-a-side.com
Some of the financially healthier provincial clubs, such as Drogheda United, Cork City and Derry City, were linked with moves for Pats players, with striker Tony Bird, who netted 14 goals last season, and central defenders Colm Foley and Clive Delaney all rumoured to be available at the right price.

Since when are Derry and Drogheda financially healthy?

Dodge
22/01/2004, 1:42 PM
Derry are. Drogheda aren't but aparently are spending big money :rolleyes:

niamh
22/01/2004, 1:45 PM
Heard someone say that only 2 clubs in the Premier Division made a profit last season and that one of them was Derry.

thecorner
22/01/2004, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Derry are. Drogheda aren't but aparently are spending big money :rolleyes:

drogs will probably have nothing left in the bank when they start charging 25yoyos a head for their games

cant see them having much fans after that

Pablo
22/01/2004, 3:17 PM
Like them or hate them it'd be a shame for Pats if they start to loose their best players. The vultures are swooping.

I don't think we need a centre half. Its midfield we need a tough tackler. Anyone we can get on the cheap Dodge? :D

razor
23/01/2004, 7:59 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Heard someone say that only 2 clubs in the Premier Division made a profit last season and that one of them was Derry.

I think they have Barca to thank for that.

Éanna
23/01/2004, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Apparently you bid 50,000 for him last year. IMO the best defender in the league and I'd be disgusted if he went.

thats a lot of money. IMO we'd be better off concentrating on midfield right now, dan and benno are a good pairing in defence, and derek will do as back-up for the moment.

Macy
23/01/2004, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Apparently, we made a profit on the season too....