PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda @ home

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jeebus
24/06/2009, 8:44 AM
Does anyone know if this game has been refixed or is it still going ahead on Saturday 4th?

clubman
24/06/2009, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if this game has been refixed or is it still going ahead on Saturday 4th?

From what I can gather this game goes ahead on Sunday 5th with 7 O' Clock throw in time.

sligofan4ever
24/06/2009, 2:28 PM
Does this not mean it clashes with the match in Markievichz Park ? then again thats at 2 o clock so hopefully not many people choose Sligo Galeic Team over Sligo Rovers :).

sligored
24/06/2009, 2:37 PM
Does this not mean it clashes with the match in Markievichz Park ? then again thats at 2 o clock so hopefully not many people choose Sligo Galeic Team over Sligo Rovers :).

gaa is on this weekend

prodsc
25/06/2009, 9:11 PM
kick off 7.45 according to this

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2056/

Was hoping for earlier kick offs

sligofan4ever
25/06/2009, 9:34 PM
kick off 7.45 according to this

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2056/

Was hoping for earlier kick offs

On Aertel it said 7:00 pm k/o.

kiki
25/06/2009, 10:59 PM
Stupid having it the same day as the gaa match but hopefully the gaa match will be watched on the telly in mooneys and then onto the showgrounds

prodsc
25/06/2009, 11:27 PM
Cork website says their game against us is 7.45 on Sunday 12.

Maybe the club dont want to go changin ko times again as Europa League changes (at least!) 3 home games.

FAI website still sayin Sat 4th at 8PM Drogs game!! Catch up with the TIMES

Rovers1
25/06/2009, 11:40 PM
Stupid having it the same day as the gaa match but hopefully the gaa match will be watched on the telly in mooneys and then onto the showgrounds

How about just not watch the Gah at all Kiki?;)

sligored
26/06/2009, 9:26 AM
the gaa match is on this sunday june 28th v galway in marcievicz
the drogheda match is not until the following weekend
that means there is no clash of fixtures

CarrickFan
26/06/2009, 10:33 AM

What does one thing have to do with the other?

sligored
26/06/2009, 11:43 AM
from ocean fm
Sligo Rovers’ Premier Division tie with Drogheda United on the weekend after next has been switched to Sunday evening, with a 7.45pm kick-off at The Showgrounds.

This is because of Rovers’ Europa League First Leg tie against Albanian side KS Vilaznia at the same venue on Thursday, July 2.

Rovers’ tie against Cork City the following weekend has also been switched to a Sunday, July 12, as they face a trip to Albanian for the second leg of their Europa tie on June 9.

Rovers will also be in action on a Sunday evening on July 26, as their tie against St Patrick’s Athletic has also been moved.

SligoBrewer
26/06/2009, 1:30 PM
Sunday 5th with 7 O' Clock throw in

I didn't know Fifa suddenly changed the beginning of football games.

Inside Man
26/06/2009, 7:21 PM
Alot of this talk about the European game is taking away the concentration from this match. This is the most important match of our season so far. With relegation is a real possibility, this match could make or break whether we will be in for a dog fight for the rest of the season.
I am really fearfull of this match.

MMVIII
26/06/2009, 10:10 PM
Im sorry, but, it's not every fckuing year we get in to Europe, so naturally people are going to be excited about the trip, how they're gonna get there etc. Yes I know the match is very important for the club both long term and short term.

We really haven't a clue about this club or the state of Albanian league, so we can't really talk to much about the actual game, other than team news, travelling and the like.

dong
27/06/2009, 7:52 PM
Alot of this talk about the European game is taking away the concentration from this match. This is the most important match of our season so far. With relegation is a real possibility, this match could make or break whether we will be in for a dog fight for the rest of the season.
I am really fearfull of this match.
I think we're already in a dogfight.
Agree it's vital not to lose focus on the league, particularly this game.

prodsc
01/07/2009, 9:06 PM
Peers and Noctor suspended

sligofan4ever
01/07/2009, 9:31 PM
Peers and Noctor suspended

Peers will more than likely be out because of injury or left out for the second leg in Albania just incase he gets injured.

Rovers1
01/07/2009, 9:33 PM
Peers will more than likely be out because of injury or left out for the second leg in Albania just incase he gets injured.

I wouldn't think so. The Drogs game is arguably more important than the Vllaznia game.

sligofan4ever
01/07/2009, 9:36 PM
I wouldn't think so. The Drogs game is arguably more important than the Vllaznia game.

But the Drogheda game might be too soon for him aswell. Hard to say really how bad it is, could end up like Almeida if he played though, could play about 80 mins and get injured for another few weeks.

prodsc
01/07/2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/882-league-of-ireland-suspensions

SligoBrewer
01/07/2009, 10:05 PM
We should have tickets on sale for the Drogheda game tomorrow.
I know there will be no problem buying them but on the off chance that it gets one or two people.

CarrickFan
04/07/2009, 8:14 AM
Does anybody know if the two new strikers Blinkhorn and Turner are expected to feature in this game at all?

Rovers Maniac
04/07/2009, 8:20 AM
Does anybody know if the two new strikers Blinkhorn and Turner are expected to feature in this game at all?

No idea but you would have to doubt seeing as Cook said we had not yet signed anybody :confused:.

Sorry who is the Turner lad?

CarrickFan
04/07/2009, 8:47 AM
No idea but you would have to doubt seeing as Cook said we had not yet signed anybody :confused:.

Sorry who is the Turner lad?

According to all 3 tabloid papers today we have signed those two Strikers
Blinkhorn 24 has played for Blackpool,Luton,Bury and Morecambe while Turner 19 comes from Preston North End where his contract has just expired.

CarrickFan
04/07/2009, 8:51 AM
Although it didnt make the sportsd sections of either the Irish independent or Irish Times!!!!!!!!!...not sure if they know there is a league in Ireland!!

brianw82
04/07/2009, 9:43 AM
We seem to be saying it every week, but it's a "must win" game. The question is, do we really BELIEVE we can go out there and beat Drogheda? After Thursday night, I'd have my doubts. We know that the Drogs will come here and be well-organised. We just need to put away one chance, and that could be enough.

sligoman
04/07/2009, 10:10 AM
Does anybody know if the two new strikers Blinkhorn and Turner are expected to feature in this game at all?afaik it was hoped to have them registered in time. Turner's first name is Rob btw.

sligofan4ever
04/07/2009, 12:17 PM

I'm praying that atleast one of them are tall. Our strikers arent tall enough to put away a decent cross as often as we want , i can only remember one goal this season that was set up by a cross in the replay against Cork.

dong
04/07/2009, 5:18 PM
I hear Parkhouse is on the mend? If we could get him back fit he can do well. He showed well in two games before his injury when he looked to be reaching a decent level of sharpness.

Rovers Maniac
05/07/2009, 9:45 AM
We really need to win this game we have picked up the fewest amount of points in the premier division this year, this is relegation form to be honest. We need to turn this around now and ignore Albania for the moment.

sligofan4ever
05/07/2009, 10:24 AM
We really need to win this game we have picked up the fewest amount of points in the premier division this year, this is relegation form to be honest. We need to turn this around now and ignore Albania for the moment.

Despite being 2 points ahead in 8th place ? dosent sound good though :(. I think what we can take from the game on thursday is that as the season goes on we have gelled together more as a team and hopefully it shows tonight and we can get the 3 points.

Rovers Maniac
05/07/2009, 10:27 AM
oops meant at home, we have picked up fewwer points at home than any other team in the division.

sligoman
05/07/2009, 10:37 AM
Anything less than a win tonight isn't good enough. It's vital we get the three points and the players shouldn't even be thinking about Europe yet. I know Drogheda have improved since earlier this season but they're still very poor. They were easily the worst team I'd seen this season even though they managed a draw in United Park.

sligofan4ever
05/07/2009, 10:44 AM
Anything less than a win tonight isn't good enough. It's vital we get the three points and the players shouldn't even be thinking about Europe yet. I know Drogheda have improved since earlier this season but they're still very poor. They were easily the worst team I'd seen this season even though they managed a draw in United Park.

Dont forget though, we finished the game with 9 players. If we can play the whole game with 11 players who nows how it might end up this time around.

ndrog
05/07/2009, 10:59 AM

we are a totally different proposition since then , AM has them playing his usual organised brand of football .Looking forward to it :)

sligofan4ever
05/07/2009, 3:39 PM
Ahh FFS dont tell me this rain is a sign of things to come tonight. Altough our first win did come on a sh*te night :).

sligofan4ever
05/07/2009, 5:19 PM
Rob Turner is in the squad tonight.

brianw82
05/07/2009, 5:58 PM
Is he starting, do you know?

Oh well, I'll find out soon enough anyways. Heading in shortly, leaving my realistic (some would say negative!) cap at home and putting on my Mr. Positive shirt. C'mon the Rovers!

dong
05/07/2009, 8:04 PM
2-2. Roughly half an hour left. Must be a good game. A winner would be sweet!

red bellied
05/07/2009, 9:10 PM
Never a penalty for Drogheda. Brush came out went down and collected the ball and their striker clattered over him. Poor defending from Ventre from it and thats what the ref probably gave it for.

sligo23
05/07/2009, 9:11 PM
God I'd love to headbutt Richie Winter...

sligofan4ever
05/07/2009, 9:16 PM
Richie Winter is the worst excuse of a referee i've ever seen! penalty my arse! and every 50-50 challenge went to Drogs FFS!. What are your first toughts on Rob Turner ? Personally I think he looks a bit rusty but he did come into life in the second half. Does anyone have much info on him ?

red bellied
05/07/2009, 9:17 PM
The new lad Turner reminds me of Sean Flannery.

Rovers1
05/07/2009, 9:26 PM
Never a penalty for Drogheda. Brush came out went down and collected the ball and their striker clattered over him. Poor defending from Ventre from it and thats what the ref probably gave it for.

I agree, never a penalty. Dont know if it was Danny's fauly, seemed like Brush got the ball and the Drogheda lad just clashed heads. Winters is a joke full stop, dont know how he gave Rovers a penalty, ball was clearly outside the box.

We're in a relegation fight now, whether we like it or not.:(

rovers100%
05/07/2009, 9:31 PM
wil ya give turner a break he prob hasnt kicked a ball in a month. he held the ball up well and had a few nice touches plus one turn that got him into a goal scoring touch. unfair to judge him on tonight. i for one think he will be a success. i thought we played some our best football of the season tonight. boco and morrison were marvellous together. morrison had his best game in a rovers shirt !! the 2 centre backs were at fault for both goals and never looked comfortable. we could and should have won tonight. i would take a load of positives outta tonight. 2 points dropped but we attacked well and created loads

sligoman
05/07/2009, 9:45 PM
We'd have won that if Sean Doherty wasn't selfish. Kelly was in on goal, all he had to do was pass it to him. Obviously way too early to judge Turner, he did ok and also nearly scored. Hopefully we'll have as many chances in Albania and we might have some chance.

Special mention for Chris Kelly too, thought he played very well when he came on, his best game for Rovers I can remember.

sligofan4ever
05/07/2009, 9:46 PM
wil ya give turner a break he prob hasnt kicked a ball in a month. he held the ball up well and had a few nice touches plus one turn that got him into a goal scoring touch. unfair to judge him on tonight. i for one think he will be a success. i thought we played some our best football of the season tonight. boco and morrison were marvellous together. morrison had his best game in a rovers shirt !! the 2 centre backs were at fault for both goals and never looked comfortable. we could and should have won tonight. i would take a load of positives outta tonight. 2 points dropped but we attacked well and created loads

Are you serious ? I often try to back up Morrison but he was utter crap tonight, he may have had a few good touches but he could took on too many players and never broke into the box with players always getting the ball off him. I dont think anyone's judging Turner, as I said he looks rusty so time will tell. I tought Kizzy Kelly did well in the time he had on the pitch. I was dissapointed with Doherty when he had plenty of time and space to either score or pass to kelly who had acres of space but he just wasted the ball. Anyone know who hit the bar from about 30 yards for us ?

sligo23
05/07/2009, 9:48 PM
Are you serious ? I often try to back up Morrison but he was utter crap tonight, he may have had a few good touches but he could took on too many players and never broke into the box with players always getting the ball off him. I dont think anyone's judging Turner, as I said he looks rusty so time will tell. I tought Kizzy Kelly did well in the time he had on the pitch. I was dissapointed with Doherty when he had plenty of time and space to either score or pass to kelly who had acres of space but he just wasted the ball. Anyone know who hit the bar from about 30 yards for us ?
ohh the irony:rolleyes:

brianw82
05/07/2009, 9:49 PM

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. Boco did great from RB, hopefully Turner's arrival means he won't have to play upfront anymore. I think he did ok, it's probably 2 months since he played a game so we can't judge him yet. Raf should've done better with that chance in the 2nd half that he hit over, but credit to him for staying on in the first half. A lesser man would've been happy to go off.

However, we've gotta be realistic here. If we're not beating the teams around us, at home, then who are we going to beat? We can't count on surprise away wins over Derry every week. Somehow, we have to start turning these nearly misses into wins, because one of the teams near the bottom is going to go on a run sooner or later. We need to make sure it's us.