PDA

View Full Version : Possible return bus from Dubrovnik to Shkoder-CONFIRMED

sligoman
23/06/2009, 2:19 PM
The other thread is filling up with other stuff so may aswell start a new thread. Who'd be up for getting a bus from Dubrovnik to Shkoder, leaving Thursday morning and back to Dubrovnik straight after the game? There may be delays at the border both ways so we would need to leave early to ensure we get there in time.

The price I got was:
Minibus (max 16 people) ..............940 EUR cash.
Bus (max 46 people)...................1260 EUR cash

Rules: no smoking and drinking alcohol in the bus.

I'm still awaiting other responses so may get cheaper but that's the only one I got so far.

OK. If you are going to Shkoder and you're interested in getting the return bus from Dubrovnik to Shkoder and returning on the same night back to Dubrovnik text David on 087-2186351. If we get 40+ it'll work out about €28 each. If we get less than 16, it will be €59 each. I'd say we should get everyone who's travelling, on this bus. Will be good to have everyone together too.

Myself and Sligoman (Sligoman doesn't have a phone) will organise this, and we won't know how much ,exactly, it will be till we know how many are getting the bus.

celticV3
23/06/2009, 2:29 PM
If we cant drink what are we going to do on the bus?

sligoman
23/06/2009, 2:32 PM
If we cant drink what are we going to do on the bus?I doubt the driver will go around sniffing drinks, just move onto the shorts and a mixer for the bus journey;). Not ideal I know but better than trying to get down to the game on public transport. Will see what the other company says anyway.

Rovers1
23/06/2009, 2:43 PM
I doubt the driver will go around sniffing drinks, just move onto the shorts and a mixer for the bus journey;).

Someone's getting sick on the bus :p

Sligomans 21st is just before we leave, so another reason to celebrate the trip.:cool:

sligoman
23/06/2009, 3:13 PM
Got this email from the bus company:

This is a long and slow drive. Roads in Montenegro and bad (not to mention Albania). We have to cross all of the borders and if there will be medium traffic and not much delays on the borders I esstimate it will take us approx 5,5 hours in each way (with maybe two short stops).

Best regards,
Maro

avvenalaf
23/06/2009, 4:16 PM
Got this email from the bus company:

This is a long and slow drive. Roads in Montenegro and bad (not to mention Albania). We have to cross all of the borders and if there will be medium traffic and not much delays on the borders I esstimate it will take us approx 5,5 hours in each way (with maybe two short stops).

Best regards,
Maro

Ask Maro did he ever drive from Tubber to Gurteen.

rob mcdonald
23/06/2009, 6:45 PM
Ask that bus driver did he by any chance have Parkhouse on his bus during his honeymoon??? Who in there right mind lets an employee get married during the busy season, makes you wonder about him. I only read this in the programme last week. Wonder how the injury is??

rovers100%
23/06/2009, 6:55 PM
i got a crowd with 20 seater mini bus to bring us from dubrovnik to shkoder on morning of the game one way as i will be staying in shkoder that nite for 400 if anyone interested. thats 20 euro a head one way. anyone else going to shkoder thurs and back up to dubrovnik fri ???

sligoman
23/06/2009, 7:14 PM
i got a crowd with 20 seater mini bus to bring us from dubrovnik to shkoder on morning of the game one way as i will be staying in shkoder that nite for 400 if anyone interestedAnd how are you getting back up the next day?

celticV3
23/06/2009, 7:18 PM
Heading back to Dubrovnik is the best bet I think.

Rovers1
23/06/2009, 7:50 PM
OK. If you are going to Shkoder and you're interested in getting the return bus from Dubrovnik to Shkoder and returning on the same night back to Dubrovnik text David on 087-2186351. If we get 40+ it'll work out about €28 each. If we get less than 16, it will be €59 each. I'd say we should get everyone who's travelling, on this bus. Will be good to have everyone together too.

Myself and Sligoman (Sligoman doesn't have a phone) will organise this, and we won't know how much ,exactly, it will be till we know how many are getting the bus.

rovers100%
23/06/2009, 7:51 PM
im sure company will do a return trip for same money so be 40 per head return. down to shkoder on thurs morning back to dubrovnik fri morning. anyone interested ?

celticV3
23/06/2009, 7:59 PM
im sure company will do a return trip for same money so be 40 per head return. down to shkoder on thurs morning back to dubrovnik fri morning. anyone interested ?
Might want to find out first, wouldn't be assured theres a bus back on a hunch. Our flight back is earlier than most so travelling back the same night suits us grand

rovers100%
23/06/2009, 8:17 PM
sure no one seems to be staying in shkoder thurs nite so no point

Toddy_Burns
23/06/2009, 8:27 PM
Right Lads, Myself and few others booked knock liverpool dubrovnik route for the tuesday. no accomadation booked yet but booked tirana to gatwick for the friday evening. didnt think of manchester! its just been €208 so far which is grand, london ireland flights wont be much addition. Wouldnt mind being in shkoder for wednesday so if anyone else is on for that the hired bus is a shout.

Rovers1
23/06/2009, 8:34 PM
. Wouldnt mind being in shkoder for wednesday so if anyone else is on for that the hired bus is a shout.

Are you available to go both ways in one night?

*sounds kinky

Toddy_Burns
23/06/2009, 9:22 PM
well we're flying back from tirana we cant be heading back to dubrovnik. is anyone staying in shkodor wednesday nite?

Rovers1
23/06/2009, 9:27 PM
well we're flying back from tirana we cant be heading back to dubrovnik. is anyone staying in shkodor wednesday nite?

Rovers100% is afaik so far. Let me know anyway if you want seats.

I have 18 so far.

rovers100%
23/06/2009, 9:34 PM
the morning of the match myself + 1 would travel on the bus down to shkoder with ye

Rovers1
23/06/2009, 9:59 PM
the morning of the match myself + 1 would travel on the bus down to shkoder with ye

Sound... right now its about €60 pp with the 2 boys payin' €30 one way. I fully expect 20 or so more to book.

Rovers Maniac
24/06/2009, 9:50 AM
I am planning to stay Thurs night in Shkoder, and travel back up the next day.

red_away
24/06/2009, 10:04 AM
We will probably stay in Shkoder the thursday nite - its a one off so cant miss it

rovers100%
24/06/2009, 12:02 PM
tats rovers maniac, red away amd myself + 1 who are in shkoder thurs nite . anyone else, i presume the team will be as well they mite go out for drink that nite ?

dublinred
24/06/2009, 1:13 PM
tats rovers maniac, red away amd myself + 1 who are in shkoder thurs nite . anyone else, i presume the team will be as well they mite go out for drink that nite ?

Going to stay in shkoder as well on the thursday night would be interested i bus down form Dubrovik on thursday morning , had booked a 14.30 flight back on the Friday from Dubrovivk but will probably swap it for one out of Tirana instead.

Rovers1
24/06/2009, 1:21 PM
Have 27 names now, with 6 or 7 more than likely to come by tomorrow.

If anyone is interested can they text me (087-2186351), not call because i work evenings, and my answering machine doesn't work. :o

sligo23
24/06/2009, 2:59 PM
Have 27 names now, with 6 or 7 more than likely to come by tomorrow.

If anyone is interested can they text me (087-2186351), not call because i work evenings, and my answering machine doesn't work. :o
Myself +2 are in the process of booking flights and accomodation now. I'd say we'll be getting it. I'll let ya know as soon as I have everything confirmed.

Rovers1
03/07/2009, 9:39 PM
Just letting people know we should have details on bus soon. Can anyone who may have told me to put them down for a seat last night (night of 1st leg) just let me know again through PM. Thanks

Rovers1
05/07/2009, 12:04 PM
Can Alan Crystal, if your online PM me asap.

The bus will be €40 each return and for the lads going 1 way €20. The company still has to get back to Sligoman about where they're picking us up.

CRFC&SRFC
05/07/2009, 12:52 PM
Rovers1 cant pm ya, as new to foot.ie and it takes 5 days or something b4 i can access it. You can get me on 086 1683111. Will b at game later too
Chrystal

sligoman
06/07/2009, 11:10 AM
Bus will be departing from Pile Gate(good name, I know:D, just outside Dubrovnik old town) at 7.45am. Please ensure to bring your passports, we will be transferring to a different bus at the Montenegro border.

Rovers1
11/07/2009, 1:40 PM
anyone we owe change to for the bus can they please PM me. Thanks

srfc1928
11/07/2009, 2:30 PM
Big thanks to David and Michael for organising this.(hope i didnt leave anyone out)
Made the whole trip a lot smoother and hassle free.

It was a great experience from start to finish.
priceless

Thanks again.:)

Rovers fan
11/07/2009, 4:29 PM
Big thanks to David and Michael for organising this.(hope i didnt leave anyone out)
Made the whole trip a lot smoother and hassle free.

It was a great experience from start to finish.
priceless

Thanks again.:)

Agreed. Thanks lads.