PDA

View Full Version : Mns 22/6/09

Aaron
22/06/2009, 7:23 PM
Anyone see Richie Sadlier snigger to himself when Roddy mentioned winning the double with Bohs?:D

Dunny
22/06/2009, 7:24 PM
Too busy laughing at Doolin's comment's tbh...:D

Infadel
22/06/2009, 7:26 PM
''too much football down here'' ''I'll play whatever way I want to play'' sounds like Doolins cracking up

Sheridan
22/06/2009, 7:27 PM
Roddy reckons the onus is on players to voluntarily request cuts to their agreed wages. Wtih logic like that, he should be in the cabinet.

First decent discussion they've had in two years of inane waffle and Murphy interrupts it. :rolleyes:

Infadel
22/06/2009, 7:33 PM
Roddy really can't stop making comments about the way Bohs should play football can he:rolleyes:

Dunny
22/06/2009, 7:38 PM
The face Roddy pulled there when Con asked about the humble pie...:D

Mark Quigley got an awful claterring there. Broken jaw in three places!

Mr A
22/06/2009, 7:40 PM
Sadlier's totally lost it.

Big fine on the way there one would think.

Candystripe
22/06/2009, 7:41 PM
Wooooooo go Sadler, fair play to you.

Mr A
22/06/2009, 7:44 PM
The idea that refs are the biggest problem in Irish football is laughable.

Ezeikial
22/06/2009, 7:44 PM

Big fine on the way there one would think.

The man speaks the truth!

Life ban coming.....

Celdrog
22/06/2009, 7:49 PM

Big fine on the way there one would think.What did he say

brianw82
22/06/2009, 7:58 PM
What did he say

That the refs are appalling in general.

How that was not a penalty is beyond me. Quigley was Schumachered.

sonofstan
22/06/2009, 8:11 PM
"we always say the problem with referees is consistency - well in this league, we've cracked it: they're consistently awful"

Dodge
22/06/2009, 8:15 PM

Not only was it not a penalty, but the ref gave a free out.

Quigley out for between 6 weeks and 3 months too :mad:

Dalymountrower
22/06/2009, 8:34 PM
Not only was it not a penalty, but the ref gave a free out.

Quigley out for between 6 weeks and 3 months too :mad:

Disgraceful decision, Drogs keeper should have been off the pitch for that challenge. I would 100% support Sadliers view on the standard of Refereeing.

Hairy Bowsie
22/06/2009, 8:41 PM
I never really watch MNS, even when i'm home and just flicking through the stations i'd never switch it on and it's not because it doesn't show first division. I just never could work out why i wouldn't turn it on, there's no good reason why i shouldn't. It's still football, more importantly it's still LoI football and there'd never be anything else on.

Tonight i finally figured it out, i don't watch it because of Roddy Collins and as long as they have someone like him talking through his hoop i never will.

A face
22/06/2009, 10:44 PM
Too busy laughing at Doolin's comment's tbh...:D

''too much football down here'' ''I'll play whatever way I want to play'' sounds like Doolins cracking up

I haven't seen it yet but any manager in this league should know that when you are in a hole, no matter what options are available to you, under no circumstances should you consider considering to keep digging*. It is slap yourself in the forehead, completely off the wall, down right stupid.

* Enough of the digging already (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oqBEO4I-kk)

brianw82
22/06/2009, 10:46 PM
Doolin was absolutely cringeworthy.

PartySaint
23/06/2009, 12:13 AM
He really is a hopeless ****. THe decision making and football he has us playing is a disgrace. Especially when we have players like Healy, Faz and Gamble at our disposal. He is a complete joke and he is on a three year contract with us and we can't afford to sack him:(

Do you wanna swap him for Kenna?

Mr A
23/06/2009, 7:31 AM
He really is a hopeless ****. THe decision making and football he has us playing is a disgrace. Especially when we have players like Healy, Faz and Gamble at our disposal. He is a complete joke and he is on a three year contract with us and we can't afford to sack him:(

That's defeatist talk. Matthews had a contract and it didn't stop ye sacking him.

pete
23/06/2009, 10:14 AM
Do you wanna swap him for Kenna?

That will be a No. Everything is relative isn't it.

Doolin thinks we play too much football so can only imagine what style we will revert to now.

I think that could be Sadliers last appearance on MNS. Can't disagree with his comments on referees but also seems pointless.

MNS is only worth watching when Roddy & Rico are on as brings a nice balance.

sonofstan
23/06/2009, 11:15 AM
Think Sadlier's great: by far the brightest man on the panel, and not willing to talk s**t. Says what he sees. RTE should consider using him for Prem./ CL/ International stuff as well, though, in all of those areas, people like cosy assertion of the quality of what they are watching rather than honesty, so he mightn't fit

Dodge
23/06/2009, 12:31 PM
I think that could be Sadliers last appearance on MNS

On what basis?

A face
23/06/2009, 1:03 PM
Think Sadlier's great: by far the brightest man on the panel, and not willing to talk s**t. Says what he sees. RTE should consider using him for Prem./ CL/ International stuff as well, though, in all of those areas, people like cosy assertion of the quality of what they are watching rather than honesty, so he mightn't fit

Exactly, and alot of the panel for int and Eng Prem games are nice and cosy as well, and wouldn't like the boat being rocked too much.

pete
23/06/2009, 1:09 PM
On what basis?

The FAI may have a word regarding his comments.

I think its a conflict of interest given he is runs Pats. The panelists will never be criticial of Pats while he is sitting next to them & Sadlier won't be able to comment...

KBurke
23/06/2009, 1:34 PM
The FAI may have a word regarding his comments.

I think its a conflict of interest given he is runs Pats. The panelists will never be criticial of Pats while he is sitting next to them & Sadlier won't be able to comment...

To be fair he got a tough time from the panel when Pats lost to Galway in Terryland and lost in the league cup on the following Monday. U could practically see him squirm. I think the fact he's involved with a club is good as you can get a perspective of things from the clubs point of view.

WoodquayBoy
23/06/2009, 1:45 PM
Loved the way he nearly choked on his sip of water when Roddy mentioned the 'I'm just shagging great me' line or something to that effect.
Sadlier was on the Sky Sports panel for Millwall's play-off game and he did a pretty good job to be fair to him. Don't always agree with him, but he was spot on last night

A N Mouse
23/06/2009, 3:49 PM
Exactly, and alot of the panel for int and Eng Prem games are nice and cosy as well, and wouldn't like the boat being rocked too much.
<rant>
Think honesty is better than some contrived controversy, just be contrary.

Like at the last world cup, - "Why are Ghana [a team that had been praised for their football, but apparently had no defensive capabilities] playing attacking football against Brazil?" was the basic point of attack from contrary feckers 1 and 2.

Honest answer, because as you pointed out in every other game they played, they can't defend for toffee.

Or the opening game of this confederations cup. 'We all know who he wants to be when he grows up' was being contrary for the sake of it slating Iran for the way they were playing. Brady finally coped on in the end and was a bit more honest about it.

Honest answer, its not pretty to watch, but if your first games against the host, second against 'the best team in the world', and you have a chance in the third then you'd make sure your tournament isn't over before its began by not losing the first. </rant>

Keen2win
23/06/2009, 4:43 PM
Anyone see Richie Sadlier snigger to himself when Roddy mentioned winning the double with Bohs?:D

Yes, and I was going to mention it:D I snigered at the same time. Great men think alike:p

A face
24/06/2009, 1:43 PM
Yes, and I was going to mention it:D I snigered at the same time. Great men think alike:p

It was classic alright :p

CuanaD
24/06/2009, 1:44 PM
Fair play to Sadlier - awarding a free-out was a terrible decision alright(prob not a red card offence either; yellow & penno I think*) - hope he dosen't get sanctioned by FAI for this.

Can't really comment on the overall ref standard here at the mo - I hardly get to any live games these days & you really cannot get a true view of events from the TV.

*I used to be a ref, but that's 10 years ago, so I'm no longer 'up' on the rules.

galwayhoop
24/06/2009, 2:59 PM
*I used to be a ref, but that's 10 years ago, so I'm no longer 'up' on the rules.

you're the same as the current crop so ;)

Demoshield
24/06/2009, 6:43 PM

Well Mr. Gough or the knobs that appoint him don't seem to learn from their mistakes. League cup semi final last August.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IE&hl=en-GB&v=LvV3i8XeOCU
1 min 11sec in, the Derry keeper takes out the Galway player, with a punch to the face & Gough awards a goal kick. Yep, a goal kick thus confirming that the keeper did not make contact with the ball. Watch the replay!

pól-dcfc
24/06/2009, 7:35 PM
Yep, a goal kick thus confirming that the keeper did not make contact with the ball

Or he thought that the keeper punched the ball onto the Galway player's head and went out. The refs are rubbish, but don't try and turn situations where there is room for reasonable doubt into examples of gross ineptitude. It's not always A or B. Sometimes there is a C, D, E and F as well. Occasionally a G too.

EDIT: By the way, I think it should have been a penalty, but from the referees positioning, I can see why he got it wrong.

blueblood
24/06/2009, 7:57 PM
That Gough is a terrible terrible referee, i've seen him a good few times refereeing matches in Limerick, AFAIK Gough is from Limerick and i am 100% serious when i say this, I was always convinced he went out of his way to prove to the FAI that he wasn't a 'Hometown Ref', for long periods of the game he would give everything (even when nothing happened) to the away team. Some of his decisions are absolutley mindboggeling, from what i hear at these matches both sets of fans always seem to agree, but he's the very same every time, useless. It would be funny if it wasn't against us every time :mad:

Black and White
24/06/2009, 9:01 PM
Sadlier is guna be raped by the FAI for his comments, it happened a few times last season esp with Paul Cook for his outbursts after games on MNS! Why should this be any different. Although I agree with everything that he had to say, Iv seen far too many times Dundalk suffering from awful ref decisions this season. Its cost us a ridiculous amount of points!

razor
25/06/2009, 7:53 AM
On what basis?On the basis that he speaketh the truth.

noisecontrol
25/06/2009, 11:41 AM
I agree first decent discussion they have in ages and Con Murphy interrupts it to show Liam Tuohy scoring for Rovers versus Drums in 1884...who cares, surely some one there could have had the common sense to let the discussion run and maybe ditch one of the features later in the show like Thunderstrike, I mean wtf!!!

A face
25/06/2009, 11:56 AM
I agree first decent discussion they have in ages and Con Murphy interrupts it to show Liam Tuohy scoring for Rovers versus Drums in 1884...who cares, surely some one there could have had the common sense to let the discussion run and maybe ditch one of the features later in the show like Thunderstrike, I mean wtf!!!

Con askes every week if people have issues they want discussed. If its something that needs debate then email him on mns@rte.ie

Agreed though, first decent discussion on the issue in ages. And its probably the best way to instigate change

brianw82
26/06/2009, 12:36 PM
I'm surprised that Rico didn't say anything about Doolin's comments, considering his rant about teams not playing attractive football a few weeks back.

Oh, and Roddy is a plank. Saying that "Prizes aren't handed out in June" when Drogheda got off the bottom, but he was prepared to relegate them in May?

CuanaD
26/06/2009, 4:36 PM
I'm surprised that Rico didn't say anything about Doolin's comments, considering his rant about teams not playing attractive football a few weeks back.

Oh, and Roddy is a plank. Saying that "Prizes aren't handed out in June" when Drogheda got off the bottom, but he was prepared to relegate them in May?To be fair to Roddy (cant believe i said that - he is a plank, but good for OTT statements designed to get us all talking)
his reasoning was fair - Drogs have no quality goalscorers (I think he said 'no propper strikers'); while they will be well set-up at the back, you need to score golas to win & that's their ongoing problem. Also, getting a striker or 2 in the transfer window is FAR harder when you are at the bottom of the league.
They have only managed 10 goals in 17 games, so he has a point.
But Mathews' defence first approach could still see them safe (I think)

Longfordian
27/06/2009, 2:59 AM
Drogs are kind of reminding me of the Longford '07 team in terms of spirit and commitment after a difficult start. Of course the fact that they have three members of that team also increases the similarities. Ultimately the six point deduction and the general disharmony it caused in the immediate aftermath meant we just went down but that year Alan Mathews managed to create a really tight bond between he and his players. As the season went on, they had almost an us against the world mentality and in my opinion that's when he's at his best. Even the difficulties at Cork brought him closer to his players by all accounts. With a couple of shrewd additions I would not be at all surprised to see them stay up.

Martinho II
27/06/2009, 7:51 PM
at least this time with matthews the doesnt have the barrier of six points deducted. I would be strongly confident that they will stay up and bray go down. I think they cant avoid the playoffs though.