PDA

View Full Version : Charity game in the Bowl

pineapple stu
21/06/2009, 7:05 PM
Think there's a Dail game or some such in the Bowl on Tuesday. Anyone heading in for the craic? No idea what the details are, but presumably someone'll have heard something.

John83
23/06/2009, 1:31 PM
Think there's a Dail game or some such in the Bowl on Tuesday. Anyone heading in for the craic? No idea what the details are, but presumably someone'll have heard something.
Any more details on this?

pineapple stu
23/06/2009, 2:27 PM
Nope, but I've to pick up some stuff I forgot for the Cork City Supporters' Club, so I'll head along for a short while anyway. Though I'm playing ball this evening as well, so won't be along till 8-ish.

pineapple stu
24/06/2009, 9:21 AM
Game was between the FAI and the Oireachtas. Packie Bonner, Marc Kenny, Pádraig Smith and Noel Mooney played for the FAI; Barry Andrews, Fiona O'Malley and Alan Shatter were listed on the teamsheet for the Oireachtas (though it certainly didn't correspond to reality as far as numbers were concerned). FAI won 4-0. Ended with 20 v 11 as the Oireachtas desperately tried to get a goal (even missing a penalty given against Packie for catching the ball), but nothing doing.