PDA

View Full Version : Te nothing to do with current Cobh Ramblers event thread...

the sub
17/06/2009, 7:25 PM
Its great to see action at last but why in gods name didn't someone from Cobh committee
Get onto roy keane and get a game while they were over in Cork.
Hendo and waterford and cork city must be laughing to the bank.
Have cobh organised any pre friendlys over the summer I think not why ? They are having too many meetings to see who will roast the pig
While more money could be made in bringing uk clubs over

rambler14
17/06/2009, 9:47 PM
Its great to see action at last but why in gods name didn't someone from Cobh committee
Get onto roy keane and get a game while they were over in Cork.
Hendo and waterford and cork city must be laughing to the bank.
Have cobh organised any pre friendlys over the summer I think not why ? They are having too many meetings to see who will roast the pig
While more money could be made in bringing uk clubs over

Are you for real? With the team we have those days are gone!

I'm sure Keane would come down and play our Under 17's and Youth team in a heartbeat. He wants to be tested, not watch his team win 12 or 14-0.

Ram72
17/06/2009, 10:10 PM
I don't think Roy Keane will be in any rush to come over and help our club, especially after last year.

the sub
18/06/2009, 8:37 AM

I'm sure Keane would come down and play our Under 17's and Youth team in a heartbeat. He wants to be tested, not watch his team win 12 or 14-0.

What team are you on about the team that lost 99% of their games last year earned over €400k in the same year and went to the fai when the well went dry.
Same player that sooner play msl then play far free .
Now look at the young progressive team DH is putting together that will ensure the future of th club.
What tree were you hiding under when last years team were loosing to douglas hall. Passage to name a few

rambler14
18/06/2009, 9:48 AM
What team are you on about the team that lost 99% of their games last year earned over €400k in the same year and went to the fai when the well went dry.
Same player that sooner play msl then play far free .
Now look at the young progressive team DH is putting together that will ensure the future of th club.
What tree were you hiding under when last years team were loosing to douglas hall. Passage to name a few

I'll answer that with what Ram72 said:

I don't think Roy Keane will be in any rush to come over and help our club, especially after last year.

watcher
19/06/2009, 12:37 PM

We have no un17's playing with us they are all now over 18 years of age, last years youth players are 19 years of age.
If you went to any of the traning sessions as I have dropped into for a few minutes you will see DH have brought in a few new players.
Douglas Hall msl keeper has now signed and traninig, Zeco brothrer ia also signed and training, Micky is now back training and so is Zeco.
also Daly, Spillane a big guy called Sam and a few other players with some experience.
Why do people come on to the site with so much negativity about the team.
Most UK teams do play lower league team in pre season matches to increase their fitness and their is no reason why keano or other team if asked would refuse if our commette asked.

luka
19/06/2009, 12:41 PM
watched a bit of the training session last night. Few new faces there I think. Shane Kavanagh played a blinder in goal during the kick about (LOL)

rambler14
19/06/2009, 12:48 PM
Why do people come on to the site with so much negativity about the team.
Most UK teams do play lower league team in pre season matches to increase their fitness and their is no reason why keano or other team if asked would refuse if our commette asked.

But were only an A championship team!
They want someone who'll give them a game.........a good game.
We can't even beat FC Carlow and you expect Ipswich to comeover and play us.
Step in to the real world please!

watcher
19/06/2009, 1:18 PM
But were only an A championship team!
They want someone who'll give them a game.........a good game.
We can't even beat FC Carlow and you expect Ipswich to comeover and play us.
Step in to the real world please!

Do you know something that we don't know.
until we ask the question to see if they will or will not we we will never know.
The club needs money and what better way, with money you can inprove the team bring in one or two players.
There is nothing wrong with the squad DH is putting together if everyone in the town give him and the players a chance to inprove you will see the benfits.
I was talking to one of the player today, they are all in again tomorrow for training (saturday) then travel to Bray VERY EARLY Sunday for at 2 pm ko.
The game will finish at 4pm then travel back arrive 7.30pm.
That is three training sessions plus a game in one week,not one player getting a € for his time and remember there are some players living in the City and they travel and pay for the fuel up and down three or Four time in the week.
So please give them the respect they deserve they did not put the club into the position it is in now, remember there were 150 or so members who did not have the b@@@s to stand up and change what happened

bellavistaman
19/06/2009, 5:40 PM
Ive no problem with the players, but how can we justify paying hill, dave hill was always one of my heroes this is in no way a gripe with him, i think he's superb, even if it was roy keane we just cant pay somebody.. Thats where my problems start and finish

watcher
19/06/2009, 6:00 PM
Ive no problem with the players, but how can we justify paying hill, dave hill was always one of my heroes this is in no way a gripe with him, i think he's superb, even if it was roy keane we just cant pay somebody.. Thats where my problems start and finish

The only way Cobh will get back into LOI is to invest in an experience manager and I think he is the man for the job. You are starting with a blank canvass with Cobh this year all young player.
The only way to get them to inprove is to pay someone who have played and managed in a higher league. There is no reason for the Cobh supporters should not to turn up and give the team a lift.
If you get an manager with no LOI experience and by the way l spoke to some of the players and they feel he is turning the team into a good footballing side in the short time he has been with them.
The way they play, passing, control movement off the ball, playing the right pass.
Look its costing what its costing but if we had more people through the gates we would not be on about the cost.
I hate bringing up last year but where are all the so called true rams player beside Mikey who stayed true to his club, not one in sight when the silver is stopped.
All I'm trying to say and I know its long winded but lets try and give the team and manager the support, forget the past and lets move forward and bring glory days back and bring the supporters back.
Please do not mention last year mega battles witin the club all all all in the PAST from now on or can we.

Ram72
19/06/2009, 8:55 PM
I totally agree watcher.
I am not totally happy about Hill being paid but if this is what has to be done, so be it.
The most important thing now is to get behind the team that is there and give them all the support we can.
Given time this team is going to achieve what we all want and that is to return to the 1st division and eventually the premier division.
So why don't people stop looking to the past and start looking to the future.
:cool:

ramblers
20/06/2009, 10:07 AM
How long is the Dave Hill getting paid card going to be pulled out. He is getting paid get over it.

It seems to be mentioned as a problem in pratically every thread.

This was a thread about events but yet again taken over by mindless rubbish!!

luka
20/06/2009, 10:08 AM

Yeah Yeah Yeah Bella. Sometimes it's like a broken record. We know exactly where you stand. You've made it clear loads of times and we know you'd like to have seen a local get the job ahead of Hill. Question: If a local had got the Managers job, would we have more supporters there to watch games? Would the membership count be higher than it is? Would the bar be busier? FFS Bella, tis nothing personal and at least you go to games and I know you couldn't give a ****e what I think, but try giving me honest answers to the above. There is too much posion being spread about the place in an attempt to disrupt things from the way they are at the minute. You know it and so do I. People just can't Ileave it alone.

So why don't people stop looking to the past and start looking to the future.

Because the bitterness they have within themselves won't allow it.

luka
20/06/2009, 11:01 AM

It's called 'thread hijacking' and its common practice here in the Ramblers section to be perfectly honest. If there's a Moderator about then they should delete all the rubbish above and brin the thred back to what it was oriinally about.. Nuff said!

Life Member
20/06/2009, 11:33 AM
How long is the Dave Hill getting paid card going to be pulled out. He is getting paid get over it.

It seems to be mentioned as a problem in pratically every thread.

Ramblers you are spot on there.
I had intended to not put up anymore posts but this constant going on about a manager being paid is just ****ing me off.
It is my view that had a local being doing the job for free he would have been hounded out by now because of the results or would have resigned.

The present manager is doing a great job and deserves to be paid.
end of story please.http://foot.ie/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

bellavistaman
20/06/2009, 6:02 PM
Yeah Yeah Yeah Bella. Sometimes it's like a broken record. We know exactly where you stand. You've made it clear loads of times and we know you'd like to have seen a local get the job ahead of Hill. Question: If a local had got the Managers job, would we have more supporters there to watch games? Would the membership count be higher than it is? Would the bar be busier? FFS Bella, tis nothing personal and at least you go to games and I know you couldn't give a ****e what I think, but try giving me honest answers to the above. There is too much posion being spread about the place in an attempt to disrupt things from the way they are at the minute. You know it and so do I. People just can't Ileave it alone.

Because the bitterness they have within themselves won't allow it.

Yeah yeah yeah Mr.Ramblers, i feel i have to repeat myself cause i know the players well, and i know they read this too, and tbf quite proud of them lads, but the club is ****ed and with the crowds were getting and the wages 1 i repeat one man is getting, were diggging a bigger hole for the club to try jump out of. I wouldnt like to see a local get ahead of hill, hill is the best manager for the job, once he doing it for free, it not healthy for the club at all. FACT.

If the club had a local manager would there be more supporters, yes, i can think of 10 who stopped going over manager gettin paid off the top of my head. so i'll repeat the answer again YES.

Would the bar be busier, YES again, none of my friends have been in the bar since last season ended i used be a regular myself but cant get there cause of work, all my family who used be great supporters of the bar havent been there since new years day this year, again my friends used go there the odd friday night/sunday afternoon, Noel Maguire can confirm ALL this, when Hendo was manager, every club event at least 20 of us attended. Remeber 2 Xmas's ago great night dec 23, kareoke night only 20 there 12 were people in my company, xmas eve all my family and the same gang back, stepehens day and new years eve kareoke again great nights only prob nobody at them, remeber them Mr.Ramblers, oh no sure you werent at any of them so back up trying to make a ***** of me you'l have to do a lot more than that.

Would the membership be up, unbelievably, probably doubled!!!!

All questions answered honestly for ya. And your right i couldn't give a ****e what you think.

bellavistaman
20/06/2009, 6:04 PM
The present manager is doing a great job and deserves to be paid.
end of story please.http://foot.ie/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Describe great job, how many wins, how many summer signings, how many experienced players to help the young lads out, arm around the shoulder type thing? How many extra supporters has he brought in.

Great Job. :mad:

luka
20/06/2009, 7:21 PM
Yeah yeah yeah Mr.Ramblers, i feel i have to repeat myself cause i know the players well, and i know they read this too, and tbf quite proud of them lads, but the club is ****ed and with the crowds were getting and the wages 1 i repeat one man is getting, were diggging a bigger hole for the club to try jump out of. I wouldnt like to see a local get ahead of hill, hill is the best manager for the job, once he doing it for free, it not healthy for the club at all. FACT.

If the club had a local manager would there be more supporters, yes, i can think of 10 who stopped going over manager gettin paid off the top of my head. so i'll repeat the answer again YES.

Would the bar be busier, YES again, none of my friends have been in the bar since last season ended i used be a regular myself but cant get there cause of work, all my family who used be great supporters of the bar havent been there since new years day this year, again my friends used go there the odd friday night/sunday afternoon, Noel Maguire can confirm ALL this, when Hendo was manager, every club event at least 20 of us attended. Remeber 2 Xmas's ago great night dec 23, kareoke night only 20 there 12 were people in my company, xmas eve all my family and the same gang back, stepehens day and new years eve kareoke again great nights only prob nobody at them, remeber them Mr.Ramblers, oh no sure you werent at any of them so back up trying to make a ***** of me you'l have to do a lot more than that.

All questions answered honestly for ya. And your right i couldn't give a ****e what you think.

I used to give people the benifit but not anymore. It's true........you really are a pratt of a youngfella who can't help getting personal. You're basically telling us that it was you and your buddies were keeping the place going. Hilarious.

stepehens day and new years eve kareoke again great nights only prob nobody at them, remeber them Mr.Ramblers, oh no sure you werent at any of them so back up trying to make a ***** of me you'l have to do a lot more than that.

How childish a thing is that to say FFS. You also have the balls to try a chastise me with your Mr.Ramblers comment because I haven't thrown in the towel like others have.Ya see. I make my own mind up. I don't let others do it for me.

don ramo
20/06/2009, 11:49 PM
haha, this place is becoming a farce, he said, she said, you said, they said,

grow up the lot of ye, sad little keyboards,

heres the product, this is what it is, buy it or dont, wanna apply football ethics, "ill support this club through the good times and bad times, this is my club" this is the bad time,

what sad little people wont support the club cause of
what bar manger we hire,
what locals are picked,
what manager we have,
who gets paid,
who wear a blazer,
who paid for what season ticket,
(ive heard all these excuses)

i follow ramblers, does it cost me money, yes, do i care, no,

we were on a great road to being a well organised bunch of people on this forum, and look how its all fallen apart in 6 months, i wouldnt request a smiley from this forum

ramblers
21/06/2009, 10:57 AM

All I can say on this and will repeat myself what a load of rubbish

can we close this thread down as again it is going no where!!:mad:

6yardpunisha
21/06/2009, 11:16 AM
I used to give people the benifit but not anymore. It's true........you really are a pratt of a youngfella who can't help getting personal. You're basically telling us that it was you and your buddies were keeping the place going. Hilarious.

How childish a thing is that to say FFS. You also have the balls to try a chastise me with your Mr.Ramblers comment because I haven't thrown in the towel like others have.Ya see. I make my own mind up. I don't let others do it for me.

you used to give people the benefit of the doubt, who the f**k do you think you are, from what i gather you were on the warpath wit the chairman 12 months ago and now you would have to be surgically removed from his a**.Grow up Luka, you havnt thrown in the towel cause you have f**k all else to do

Life Member
21/06/2009, 11:33 AM
Describe great job, how many wins, how many summer signings, how many experienced players to help the young lads out, arm around the shoulder type thing? How many extra supporters has he brought in.

Great Job. :mad:

Sad.http://foot.ie/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

marty
21/06/2009, 11:49 AM
Im with Bella on this one,I stopped going to games as soon as I found out Hill was getting paid and Im not one of the ten people off the top of his head.The club is in serious finincial trouble and looking way off the mark for promotion this year.Come the end of season when we are still where we are in this division can anyone say he was worth the wages when creditors are still knocking on the door for cash.Its common sense to have an all amature club for few seasons while we get out of this mess but we seem to be still doing things backwards.MSL will be starting end of summer--if Rams aren"t promoted to the first division at that stage their will be players joining Wanderers and going elsewhere dont argue with it just wait and you will all see.

luka
21/06/2009, 6:30 PM
you used to give people the benefit of the doubt, who the f**k do you think you are, from what i gather you were on the warpath wit the chairman 12 months ago and now you would have to be surgically removed from his a**.Grow up Luka, you havnt thrown in the towel cause you have f**k all else to do

Great to see the begrudgers are coming out again. Yep. I call it like I see it and give people the benifit if in doubt and when doubt is eradicated I make my mind up. Gather whatever you want. I'm not on any committee, nor up anyone's arse as you so put it and can walk away form what I do at the club anytime I so choose to. Club needed help in certain areas and I was more than happy to oblige. Fortunately for me, with work, my family and a business to keep going I've never been busier and like it that way but I suppose in your Bible that's having naff all to do.Tis not me that needs to grow up at all. Tut Tut.

6yardpunisha
21/06/2009, 7:46 PM
Great to see the begrudgers are coming out again. Yep. I call it like I see it and give people the benifit if in doubt and when doubt is eradicated I make my mind up. Gather whatever you want. I'm not on any committee, nor up anyone's arse as you so put it and can walk away form what I do at the club anytime I so choose to. Club needed help in certain areas and I was more than happy to oblige. Fortunately for me, with work, my family and a business to keep going I've never been busier and like it that way but I suppose in your Bible that's having naff all to do.Tis not me that needs to grow up at all. Tut Tut.

begrudgers,you decided to attack bella and expect no response and yes you are up the chairmans arse TBF

luka
21/06/2009, 8:07 PM
begrudgers,you decided to attack bella and expect no response and yes you are up the chairmans arse TBF

Would you care to explain how you reckon I'm up the Chairman's arse because so far all you're doing is blowing hot air with what you think you know. If you cannot or will not back up what you say when referring to me then say noting all at. You're only making yourself look like a tit to be honest.

jebus
21/06/2009, 10:11 PM
FFS lads, I'm on holidays at the moment and could do without reading through threads like this.

Since it's about 90% off topic rubbish I'm locking it, so if you lot want to start the thread up about summer events again do so but try and keep it about fund raising ideas etc.