PDA

View Full Version : Mid Season Point

naoise kennedy
19/06/2009, 10:03 PM
Thats it now we have reached the mid season point and we are at the bottom of the league.

I dont actually think we have played that bad to be on the bottom, there has been numerous good performances this year compared to last year. The overall standard this year from us has been good, but we have not taken our chances, a draw when we really should have won, ok the last few matches we have missed our centre defense and missing brennan or mulcahy have been huge losses but again at the start of the season it was said that we will struggle scoring goals and this i feel is clearly now our problem.

Is the answer to go out and try and spend to get a striker, we all remember rowe last year, or are we just not playing the right style for our strikers.. Forsyth and Byrne have scored in there previous clubs so why not here... any ideas...????????

The Fox
20/06/2009, 11:52 AM
To be honest I think that our brand of football has been good to watch and we have tried to get it down and play. We have been unlucky at times, we should have beaten Dundalk and a couple of other important matches we have been poor in eg Drogheda.
The squad is thin and we do lack firepower. Byrne and Foresyth were never going to score a hatfull of goals, coming from Shelborne, Fingal and UCD. They have been ok and have tried - between injuries etc Foresyth hasnt had much game time to be fair. I think we need a couple of signings to freshen up what is a fairly good young squad. Personally I would like to see Mulcahy and Brennan, both of whom have done well, in midfield where they can influence games. Injuries to our defenders have had one or both playing in defence recently, which leaves us with a light midfield.
What palyers are likely to be available? If we could only get our best 11 on the park now for a few games!!!

Martinho II
20/06/2009, 8:04 PM
has daire doyle done much for ye since he signed? he hasnt played as many games as the others what happened that he didnt play?

superfrank
20/06/2009, 8:06 PM
It is possible that the whole Cork team will be up for grabs, whether we could get any of them is another thing.

Our main problem, imo, is consistency. Beating Sligo, and playing well while at it, and then losing to Dundalk a few days later isn't good enough. This whole pattern of one good performance, one bad performance is our biggest problem.

That and the whole upping our game when we play the top teams and struggling against weaker teams. I'd rather if we could consistently beat the likes of Drogs, Dundalk and Galway instead of getting points off the big teams. It's been the one thing that has ****ed me off most about Eddie being in charge.

superfrank
20/06/2009, 8:08 PM
has daire doyle done much for ye since he signed? he hasnt played as many games as the others what happened that he didnt play?
He's just not really up to it. He hasn't impressed much in midfield. His last few games have been at emergency right-back. The one thing I can think of that he did was his goal against Sligo.

naoise kennedy
20/06/2009, 10:21 PM
[quote=superfrank;1181035]It is possible that the whole Cork team will be up for grabs, whether we could get any of them is another thing.

Our main problem, imo, is consistency. Beating Sligo, and playing well while at it, and then losing to Dundalk a few days later isn't good enough. This whole pattern of one good performance, one bad performance is our biggest problem.

Alot of people are using the young side thing as the excuse for our one good, one bad performance, but surely when we restart in july the starting eleven should be..
skippy. pender, foran, deansy, massey-- mccabe, brennan, mulcahy, kavanagh--byrne, forsyth..
If we can start with this team they are our most experienced players maybe we can get some consistancy..

The Fox
21/06/2009, 8:17 AM
Tell me what has happened to John Flood. I thought he did ok in the first few matches, he was a handful althoiugh i know he missed a few chances. If we were 1-0 down id sooner his type of player coming off the bench that Mulroy, Kelly,

naoise kennedy
21/06/2009, 9:54 AM
Tell me what has happened to John Flood. I thought he did ok in the first few matches, he was a handful althoiugh i know he missed a few chances. If we were 1-0 down id sooner his type of player coming off the bench that Mulroy, Kelly,

Another one of eddie's big decisions, floody himself can't understand why he has been dropped, i would also go for floody coming on instead of mulroy or kelly, he has the size very strong and gets on top of the defense with his speed. nothing against the other lads but we need the more experienced players at the moment..

Green&whitearmy
21/06/2009, 3:11 PM
well it doesnt matter if we've played well and are trying to play proper football, the table doesnt lie and we're bottom of it. Things have to improve and soon, if we are going to stay up this year.

I know there has been some injuries but the team has been changed too much all year, dont think the same team has been played in consecative gamesso the best team cant gel or anything. Alot of players need to up their own game, only a few have performed at an acceptable level in this league.

Things have to improve immediately......

BrayUnknowns
22/06/2009, 3:06 PM
We are bottom of the League and its quite worrying a the half way point of the season. We have played very well in games but we are sill bottom.

Somthing needs to be done upfront big time, it'll be only worse next season if the likes of Paddy Kavanagh moves on...

Daryl Robson has left the club and i would expect one or 2 more to go as well, maybe the likes of Floody, no point having them in his squad if he will not play them, free up the money to bring in new players.

dublinwanderer
22/06/2009, 3:35 PM
We are bottom of the League and its quite worrying a the half way point of the season. We have played very well in games but we are sill bottom.

Somthing needs to be done upfront big time, it'll be only worse next season if the likes of Paddy Kavanagh moves on...

Daryl Robson has left the club and i would expect one or 2 more to go as well, maybe the likes of Floody, no point having them in his squad if he will not play them, free up the money to bring in new players.

as far as i know flood wasnt getting paid anyway but has also left the club as eddie doesnt get on with him... sad to see robson go, but he wasnt getting into the team. really need to sign 3 or 4 players but i really cant see it happening. really think we are doomed at this stage!!! might be playing good football, but aint working! has eddie got a plan B to get results???? i'd rather play **** football but get results and be safe then play good football and be relegated!!!!!!

The Fox
22/06/2009, 4:47 PM
Did Robson not play against Derry?
Sorry to see Flood going - really thought he deserved to be on the bench!
Is there players lined up to replace these two - if not i think that they should have been kept and USED!!!

peadar1987
23/06/2009, 11:38 AM
We'll probably see Mulroy or Kelly starting up front now. Our best starting eleven is definitely good enough to survive, and we've seen them outplay almost everyone in the league (except Drogheda for some reason) for long periods. If the lads keep their heads up the goals will come, the main danger is if our injury crisis doesn't clear up, particularly in defence, or if they get demoralised or tired, then I think we're gone.

naoise kennedy
28/06/2009, 8:33 PM
Any more news on any body else leaving or coming into the club..

shaun71
30/06/2009, 2:52 AM
Im a keen Middlesbrough follower and like to keep tabs on where our former players are. One of which is Daryl Robson, has he really left the club, and if so has he signed for another club?

centre mid
06/07/2009, 7:51 PM
Here (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=675&tt_news=739) not sure where he has gone but has left the club to go back to UK.

BrayUnknowns
09/07/2009, 9:19 PM
Robbo did well for us last season but hasn't got a look in this season. One game in Cork at the start of the season and he got sent off after 20 odd minutes. Lovely bloke and wish him all the best.