PDA

View Full Version : Drogs to charge away fans €20-25 entry fee

NorthoftheLee
21/01/2004, 8:30 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that Drogheda are planning to double ticket prices next season. €20 for standing and €25 for seating......home fans will get a bit of a discount but away fans will feel the full brunt of it.........

Now I don't know what other people think, but I can't see too many away fans travelling to O2 Park with those prices..Can't see too many drogheda locals attending either....

Big O.G. for the club if you ask me......

Any thoughts???

Robinski
21/01/2004, 8:48 AM
I heard it this morning too. I thought I'd misheard. It's a 100% price increase!

Wasn't there something going around at the end of the season that Drogs are losing the o2 sponsorship and are re-naming o2 Park? Maybe that has something to do with it?

patsh
21/01/2004, 8:53 AM
I heard it was because of all the expenses that go on Doolins hair products......:D

the 12 th man
21/01/2004, 8:58 AM
this has to be a wind up/it will be spot the supporter every week

tiktok
21/01/2004, 9:23 AM
I wonder what genius thought that up. :rolleyes:

Stupid, stupid move. It'll definitely reduce their attendances, they weren't worth watching at 12euro, nevermind 20.

DruggyDrog
21/01/2004, 10:00 AM
Lads, its not a rumour, but I wish it was. Rest assured that the supporters will fight this all the way. Most Drogs wouldn't pay €20 into United Park, so we wouldn't expect away fans to do so either.

Macy
21/01/2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
€20 for standing and €25 for seating......home fans will get a bit of a discount but away fans will feel the full brunt of it.........
I think it's season ticket holders that'll get a discount (I think those prices stayed the same), pay on the day dwogs will pay full whack....

Personally I think some clubs could charge more into certain parts of the ground, but somewhere the state of United Park wasn't worth last seasons prices....

patsh
21/01/2004, 11:22 AM
This even made the Pat Kenny show this morning!.....
:rolleyes:

derm
21/01/2004, 11:32 AM
It actually makes perfect sense! According to de Indo, Drogs made 212,000 euro last season on gate receipts. But their budget for next season requires this to be increased to 400,000 euro.

Need twice as much money? Charge your customers twice as much!! What financial wizardry:rolleyes:

DrogMan
21/01/2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by patsh
This even made the Pat Kenny show this morning!.....
:rolleyes:

And what did the knowledable Pat Kenny have to say about this??

max power
21/01/2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by derm
It actually makes perfect sense! According to de Indo, Drogs made 212,000 euro last season on gate receipts. But their budget for next season requires this to be increased to 400,000 euro.

Need twice as much money? Charge your customers twice as much!! What financial wizardry:rolleyes:

yeah you'd make a great business man, what makes the product worth twice as much, what does the customer get for the extra outlay of cash??? nothing !!!!

a product will only sell when there is a demand, price your self out of the market and there is no demand, therefore, no sale, lower the price and you get the same product for less more people go to mthe games therefore more income, look at ryan air and aldi it works. basic economics.

bigger crowds, charge more for advertising in the ground, sell more at the shops.

there are other options open if you look.

sadloserkid
21/01/2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by DrogMan
And what did the knowledable Pat Kenny have to say about this??

I think I can field this one... something to the effect of:

'Bad Dwogs, Bad, bad dwogs!'

Am I right? :D

Schumi
21/01/2004, 12:52 PM
Christ, that's nuts! At least we're not playing there next season.

patsh
21/01/2004, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
I think I can field this one... something to the effect of:

'Bad Dwogs, Bad, bad dwogs!'

Am I right? :D
Pretty much !
The sports guy he was talking to said "theres no way I would pay that".
Of course, he probably has no problem paying 4-500 euro to watch a match cross-channel....;)

btid1
21/01/2004, 2:12 PM
This is Drogheda shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me.They are going to half thier attendances with this masterstroke.It is a complete joke.

I think away fans should boycott until they lets say change their minds.I also hear they have signed Tony O'Dowd.They are quickly becoming a club I dislike strongly!!

Bohs Till I Die!

max power
21/01/2004, 2:14 PM
Bohs Till I Die! [/B][/QUOTE]

any chance of speeding that up, one less bohs fan and all that !!!!

btid1
21/01/2004, 2:28 PM
Funny man!

One less Longford fan would half your travelling support!

Bohs Till I Die!

max power
21/01/2004, 2:33 PM
ah no the buckfast army are always there !!!

dancinpants
21/01/2004, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by max power
ah no the buckfast army are always there !!!

And you say it with such pride!!!.You a knacker,aye?

Macy
21/01/2004, 3:47 PM
He possibly is, but not part of the Army......

Anyway, I thought Derry drank some cheapo Buckfast copy rather than the original?

John83
21/01/2004, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by max power
yeah you'd make a great business man, what makes the product worth twice as much, what does the customer get for the extra outlay of cash??? nothing !!!!

a product will only sell when there is a demand, price your self out of the market and there is no demand, therefore, no sale, lower the price and you get the same product for less more people go to mthe games therefore more income, look at ryan air and aldi it works. basic economics.

bigger crowds, charge more for advertising in the ground, sell more at the shops.

there are other options open if you look.

Look a little harder and you'll notice that he was being sarcastic Max.

As for the increase, it's patently stupid. The support levels for the eL can't possibly grow with rediculous prices like that.

Aberdonian Stu
22/01/2004, 2:22 PM
I reckon that Drogs supporters should consider mounting a protest outside the ground at their first home game if they don't change back. Furthermore I would call on all supporters of other clubs to either make a show of solidarity at their games or, should their game not clash with the Drogs game, go up and join them.

We as football fans can not and must not allow this farce. It ignores economics and it ignores the fans.