PDA

View Full Version : charity match in flansiro 5th of july

Martinho II
19/06/2009, 4:40 PM
well folks.

massop10 has asked me to let ye know that his team longford celtic are playin a roi deaf side in flancare park on sunday 5th of july at 1 pm. Your support would be gratefully appreciated. Half of the match proceeds are going to a charity of roi deaf sides choice.

The connection with the roi deaf side is that the manager of longford celtic is a brother of derek jordan who played for us in 97-98 season. Derek would be playing for roi deaf side. massop10 will be assistant manager of longford celtic!

Massop 10
19/06/2009, 9:01 PM
This game is part of the Rep. of Ireland (deaf) teams warm up to the World cup in Taiwan which takes place in September. As far as I know we (Longford Celtic) are the last Irish team to play them before the world cup as after the game they are flying out to Denmark for a tournament and then preparing for the World cup. This will be a nice oppertunitity to wish them well for their big games ! They have had a nice bit of success in recent time and go to the world cup in good form.
The cost of entry to the game will be 5 euro for Adults and children are FREE, tickets will be available from Murphs (Kanes) Bar, The Stillery and Valentines early next week and you can also pay at the gate on the day ! We also have some sponsorship cards in some local bars and shops ect. so we will be very thankful for any donations towards hosting this great game here in Longford.
Please show your support to this unique game !

Oh yeah Marty I am assistant manager for the season, not just this game :D

Pauro 76
19/06/2009, 11:30 PM
Best of luck with the game lads. Had I known Id have come over earlier but I hope the game is a deserved success.

Martinho II
20/06/2009, 7:38 PM
This game is part of the Rep. of Ireland (deaf) teams warm up to the World cup in Taiwan which takes place in September. As far as I know we (Longford Celtic) are the last Irish team to play them before the world cup as after the game they are flying out to Denmark for a tournament and then preparing for the World cup. This will be a nice oppertunitity to wish them well for their big games ! They have had a nice bit of success in recent time and go to the world cup in good form.
The cost of entry to the game will be 5 euro for Adults and children are FREE, tickets will be available from Murphs (Kanes) Bar, The Stillery and Valentines early next week and you can also pay at the gate on the day ! We also have some sponsorship cards in some local bars and shops ect. so we will be very thankful for any donations towards hosting this great game here in Longford.
Please show your support to this unique game !

Oh yeah Marty I am assistant manager for the season, not just this game :D

oh I didnt realise massop 10:eek:

ItFellOnDefEars
29/06/2009, 11:27 PM
I thought it was longford town u20s we were playing hah, goes to show how much I listen to the manager! :p Ah no bother should be a good match all the same! Looking forward to it indeed.

www.irishdeaffootball.com (http://www.irishdeaffootball.com) thats the website i've made for us. feel free to check it out, see you on sunday :ball::ball:

ltfc_2004
30/06/2009, 12:16 PM
One of the Irish Deaf squad works here in OPW so I might pop along for a look

Martinho II
30/06/2009, 1:33 PM
One of the Irish Deaf squad works here in OPW so I might pop along for a look

which players is that ltfc _2004?

ItFellOnDefEars
30/06/2009, 1:42 PM
Me????? I work in OPW! Lol!

ltfc_2004
30/06/2009, 1:51 PM
Their sub keeper Ciaran Moloney

Massop 10
02/07/2009, 10:27 AM
Realy looking forward to this game now !!!! I just hope a good crowd comes out to support both teams for this great game for us. Don't forget it is only 5 euro in for adults and FREE for children. Recession busting prices to see a team that is preparing to WIN a WORLD CUP ! Before anyone says anything (Marty :D) not Longford Celtic hahaha !

Martinho II
02/07/2009, 8:31 PM
Realy looking forward to this game now !!!! I just hope a good crowd comes out to support both teams for this great game for us. Don't forget it is only 5 euro in for adults and FREE for children. Recession busting prices to see a team that is preparing to WIN a WORLD CUP ! Before anyone says anything (Marty :D) not Longford Celtic hahaha !

i try not to say it massop10 but its hard..:p

Keen2win
06/07/2009, 6:22 AM
How did it go?

ItFellOnDefEars
06/07/2009, 10:19 AM
How did it go?

We beat them 2-1, we were a bit stunned when they scored early on.. Although we played very poorly, we came back to score 2 goals. Could have scored a couple more but for their keeper who was outstanding.

Good game and nice pitch to play on. Thanks to Longford Celtic for the game.:)