PDA

View Full Version : Wexford .. again

De Town
18/06/2009, 5:21 PM
Looking forward to this now after last nights performance!

I fancy us to get the win once we sort out our set piece defending, we're still all over the shop in set piece situations. Glynn to start up front with Murph I think. Lynch is a good tryer, but completely lacks quality in my opinion.

Wexford will no doubt want revenge but I think Cronin will have us well tuned in.

Town to win 2-1.

Martinho II
18/06/2009, 5:39 PM
Looking forward to this now after last nights performance!

I fancy us to get the win once we sort out our set piece defending, we're still all over the shop in set piece situations. Glynn to start up front with Murph I think. Lynch is a good tryer, but completely lacks quality in my opinion.

Wexford will no doubt want revenge but I think Cronin will have us well tuned in.

Town to win 2-1.

Im feeling confident too. Heard that new signing Danny O'Leary wont be playin yet .I wonder when will new signing Mick Foley play? I predict a 2-0 win for us as this was only cronins second game in charge

Tallanted
18/06/2009, 5:48 PM
It only says foley will be joining us, til then he is a drogheda player

De Town
18/06/2009, 7:48 PM
It only says foley will be joining us, til then he is a drogheda player

Exactly, he probably won't be playing with us til July at the earliest.

RonnieB
18/06/2009, 10:54 PM
I think Lynch should start again the next night.

Martinho II
19/06/2009, 9:24 AM
I think Lynch should start again the next night.

that because ronnieb you are biased!!:D he is a serious good player but you cant have glynn murph and lynch on the same team but who could you drop?

Massop 10
19/06/2009, 3:35 PM
This is based on what I saw on wednesday - I would drop Russo and go 4-3-3 ! Lynch playing just behind Murphy and Glynn. 2 full backs roasted wexford so they will try and stop that but the 3 up front would occupy their defence and leave the spaces again. That is just an opinion I had after seeing the great performance on wednesday. Was great to see the town try and play out wide so much. King, Lee and Curran looks top rate. Murphy needs a few more games but looks good and Glynn showed glimses of what he can do, Lynch could do a job there too just behind the front 2 making life hard for the defenders of other teams ! Good luck to the new management team, on that performance things are looking up !

Martinho II
19/06/2009, 3:51 PM
This is based on what I saw on wednesday - I would drop Russo and go 4-3-3 ! Lynch playing just behind Murphy and Glynn. 2 full backs roasted wexford so they will try and stop that but the 3 up front would occupy their defence and leave the spaces again. That is just an opinion I had after seeing the great performance on wednesday. Was great to see the town try and play out wide so much. King, Lee and Curran looks top rate. Murphy needs a few more games but looks good and Glynn showed glimses of what he can do, Lynch could do a job there too just behind the front 2 making life hard for the defenders of other teams ! Good luck to the new management team, on that performance things are looking up !

im glad massop10 you were there as you have being much missed due to your commitments at longford celtic. next time you come down dont forget your old friends in section o who miss your giving out!

Tallanted
19/06/2009, 3:52 PM
id drop jinks if i was droppin anyone. He has been hopeless. Another athlone player of the year that signs for us and is terrible

Martinho II
19/06/2009, 4:09 PM
id drop jinks if i was droppin anyone. He has been hopeless. Another athlone player of the year that signs for us and is terrible

I dont understand how jinks is captain. He is invisible during game. The leader on the team is Brian McCarthy he will be a big loss once he goes back to bohs. He speaks to his defence at all times and sweeps up in defence.He is also good on headers too. Any chance we can give him a permanent move? He was well liked at Athlone as Ash would verify!

Longfordian
19/06/2009, 4:14 PM
Will we have him on loan for the season or will he go back to Bohs in July?. He'll need to be replaced if it's the latter.

Tallanted
19/06/2009, 4:16 PM
its up to fenlon if he wants him back or not, we just have to wait til july and see

Martinho II
19/06/2009, 4:17 PM
Will we have him on loan for the season or will he go back to Bohs in July?. He'll need to be replaced if it's the latter.

I heard longfordian from someone reputable that he will be going back next month. he will be a big loss in defence for us! I am not sure if fenlon really wants him even though he played for bohs against us in the preseason friendly

Tallanted
19/06/2009, 4:21 PM
thats funny he doesn't even know himself if he is goin back yet!

Longfordian
19/06/2009, 4:25 PM
Suppose it depends on whether Fenlon reckons he'll need him as cover or not. If he doesn't really forsee using him he may allow him to stay for the rest of the season. I presume Gareth Cronin will be checking out the situation anyway.

Martinho II
19/06/2009, 4:28 PM
thats funny he doesn't even know himself if he is goin back yet!

well then looks like my source is wrong then!:(

Tallanted
19/06/2009, 4:31 PM
we wont know til his loan term is up. Hopefully he will be allowed to stay

De Town
19/06/2009, 6:30 PM

This.

I doubted McCarthy at the start I have to say, but he's improved greatly. Would be a big loss if he goes.

Martinho II
20/06/2009, 7:36 PM
it was a very disappointing result for us tonight. Youths had one chance in the game and scored. Liam Lynch should have scored from his chance but headed over the bar from two yards. It wasnt the best of games to watch.To be honest I would rather win in the league than in the cup. Fennelly had one of his better games for us thats for sure.I was surprised that Lynch was dropped for Glynn

team: Fennelly,King,Lee,Gough,MCcarthy,Jinks ,Russo,Curran,Glynn,Murphy,McCartney. Subs: Lynch and Sheridan

Longfordian
21/06/2009, 1:36 AM
Had a feeling a loss was coming against them after we'd done well in the previous two games. There's very little between the sides and they just nicked this one. We deserved something from it, we probably shaded the game overall but one mistake from young Lee who was very good otherwise cost us. Overall though we looked to have a decent shape about us and with a couple of additions we'll win a few games yet I reckon. Athlone and Mervue coming up shortly after the break will be big games, it'd be unrealistic to expect a lot from the Waterford game but you never know.

De Town
21/06/2009, 9:43 AM
I was encouraged by the performance I have to say. Don't think we deserved to lose to be honest but thats how it goes sometimes. Mick Lee had a very good game, but one bad mistake cost us dearly. There's more to be encouraged about now though then before.

Martinho II
21/06/2009, 5:38 PM
Had a feeling a loss was coming against them after we'd done well in the previous two games. There's very little between the sides and they just nicked this one. We deserved something from it, we probably shaded the game overall but one mistake from young Lee who was very good otherwise cost us. Overall though we looked to have a decent shape about us and with a couple of additions we'll win a few games yet I reckon. Athlone and Mervue coming up shortly after the break will be big games, it'd be unrealistic to expect a lot from the Waterford game but you never know.

athlone mervue games would be at home one after the after isnt that right? It would be nice not to travel for a change

Longfordian
21/06/2009, 5:50 PM
Athlone is away. Mervue at home alright.

Martinho II
21/06/2009, 5:53 PM
waterford utd at home is the next game isnt it?

Longfordian
21/06/2009, 5:58 PM
Yeah, July the 4th I think.