PDA

View Full Version : Best ever Walkers Cheese And Onion Flavour

Ruairi
20/01/2004, 1:24 PM
They're the job. Had my first packet today.

Subtle differences to an already winning flavour which thoroughly improve the overall taste of the world's greatest crisps.

The greatest thing since sliced bread.

Quite nice on sliced bread they are too, especially with lashings and lashings of Hellman's real mayonaise.

tiktok
20/01/2004, 2:10 PM
Booo! to Walkers, loaded with MSG.

Bag of Tayto's is the business, but if you are in the mood for MSG, you can't do better than Barbeque Hula hoops.

Colm
20/01/2004, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
you can't do better than Barbeque Hula hoops.

Yeah, I'll second that. Barbeque beef flavour Hula hoops are quite possibly the best crisps ever!

Not a big fan of Walkers myself, Taytos are nice but Perri's crisps are the job.

Neil
20/01/2004, 4:16 PM
Taytos or brown hula hoops.
End of story.

Ruairi
20/01/2004, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Neil

End of story.

Nah biy, Doritos are also the job, specially the orange ones.

Cheese and onion Hunky Dorys are the job in a sandwich

pete
20/01/2004, 4:31 PM
Can't beat the old MSG, got an unfair reputation too. Also known by the alias e624! Can buy little bags of MSG (looks like sugar) in Dublin Town asian store too.

:)

Gary
20/01/2004, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by Guerzy
Here Here Ruairi. Only I thought your favourite delicacy was cake

And you call yourself a Celtic fan? I thought no self respecting celtic fan would be seen eating Rangers Crisps, made by the queen herself.

Personally i love Monster Munch, skips and good ol Tayto cheese n Onion and Salt & Vinegar.

adamcarr
20/01/2004, 8:04 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
Nah biy, Doritos are also the job, specially the orange ones.

The blue ones are nicer.
the new chili ones taste like sh!t (literally)

brendy_éire
20/01/2004, 8:35 PM
Walker's Cheese and Onion?!? Are ye mad? Mingin chemical-crisps they are. Pure dodgy colour to them as well.
Cannae beat a bag of Tatyo now. Cheese & Onion or Salt & Vinegar. Mmm. (that's southern Tatyo, not the northern ones).
And blue Doritos? They're shockingly bad.

Give us Tatyo anyday. Or Rancheros, or any other cheap KP ones (Meanies, Chicken Chomps, etc). Quality in a bag!

liam88
21/01/2004, 6:20 AM
Whey! Only took 7 posts before you managed to bring Celtic in to the conversation :rolleyes: ...about crips :P
I'd go for a nice packet of Salt and Vinegar despite their blue connections :D

Macy
21/01/2004, 9:02 AM
Originally posted by Gary
Personally i love Monster Munch, skips and good ol Tayto cheese n Onion and Salt & Vinegar.
Surely you mean Mighty Munch these days, being the hardcore Celtic fan.... :)

Wheelies, Waffles and the vastly underated Tayto Smokey Bacon for me..... Was pleased to see Walkers enter the market, just so that I could get my fix of Ready Salted, just a pity that Smiths haven't followed them over with the taste of my childhood - Ready Salted Squares....

SÓC
21/01/2004, 9:10 AM
Red Pringles or Monster Munch as made by Tayto.

Red Hoola Hoops are nice too, but I have an adversion to eating something that has the words hoops in it tho.;)

The Queen herself makes decent Ready Salted Walkers.

the scout
21/01/2004, 5:42 PM
what about a walkers crunch nut flavour/now yer talkin

sylvo
24/01/2004, 10:00 PM
Rancheros are the best crisp's going, i just wish they sold em over ere in laaaandaaaan, i normaly bring load's of bag's back with me, shared them out with some of ma homie's @ work, they loved em to.

joeSoap
27/01/2004, 8:05 PM
Unquestionably the best Walkers ever have to be the Prawn Cocktail jobbies....absolute total and utter class....

A face
27/01/2004, 9:26 PM
Originally posted by sylvo
Rancheros are the best crisp's going

You betcha !!

liamon
28/01/2004, 1:17 PM
I've recently had the privelige to re-discover King Crisps cheese and Onion. Absolutely wonderful.

Takes me back to my childhood - packet of Kings crisps and a bottle of coke. Heaven.

SÓC
28/01/2004, 1:33 PM
I think the problem is Irish people are just too used to Taytos. I had a pack of Tayto C&O in work (I work in Cardiff) the other day and one of the lads working with me thought they were the nicest things ever wondered why they're not sold over here.

Macy
28/01/2004, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
I think the problem is Irish people are just too used to Taytos. I had a pack of Tayto C&O in work (I work in Cardiff) the other day and one of the lads working with me thought they were the nicest things ever wondered why they're not sold over here.
Have to agree with that - when I was coming over on Holidays, the car would be loaded with Tayto C&O (along with Cully's Batch Bread and Homemade Boxty), since I moved back I hardly ever buy them....

tiktok
28/01/2004, 2:04 PM
Read an interview with Booker prize winning author DBC Pierre, who claimed one of the best things about where he lived was 'boxty', curiosity is getting the better of me.

pete
28/01/2004, 5:05 PM
Since Walkers entered the irish market Tayto have been getting fried. Think they laid off a big grouyp of people & subcontracted out Crisp making to the Hunky Dory crowd (Largo?) in Donegal.

Macy
29/01/2004, 8:01 AM
Originally posted by pete
Since Walkers entered the irish market Tayto have been getting fried.
:rolleyes: :D

max power
29/01/2004, 8:05 AM
hunky dory are made by perri in ashbourne and tayto are doing fine, they own king too, which are a msaor seller in the dublin market, ah but i remember the good old sam spud smokey bacon one of the best ever .

Peadar
29/01/2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by liamon
I've recently had the privelige to re-discover King Crisps cheese and Onion. .

I hear ya!
A packet of King and a bottle of Club orange.
Now you're talking.

I agree with comments above about Walkers being chemical crisps. They're as fake as the Queens smile! They stick in your teeth.

Shed End John
29/01/2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
Subtle differences to an already winning flavour which thoroughly improve the overall taste of the world's greatest crisps.

Very nice they are too. Also Barbeque Beef Hula Hoops, and the Perri Pub Crisps you can get in the South County bar/lounge over by me. Absolutely gorgeous they are.