PDA

View Full Version : Cheer-Leaders at the X....

RedX
19/01/2004, 8:50 PM
Comments on tonights Echo from Brian Lennox looking to improve pre-match and half time entertainment at the X this season...

Lennox said "We want to step up the pre-match and half time entertainment and we may well introduce some cheer-leaders for our home games "

Also "We are upgrading the PA system in and around the ground as well " said Lennox

Good lad Brian;)

thecorner
19/01/2004, 8:58 PM
no wanting to sound sexist,but this sounds good to me

after all, that mascot must have been the worst idea ever

what the fcuk does he ever do???????????

SÓC
20/01/2004, 9:16 AM
The Mascot helps to get athmosphere going in the family enclosure which brings the kids back everyweek, along with their partents, their money and their support.

Not bad for a service that the club get for free from people who give their time up to support Cork City. I think all elements of the family enclosure has been a huge success.

As for cheer leaders, who says they are going to be women?

We could well have a few of the Corner Boys dancing around in tiny skirts with burbury pom-poms at half time.

tiktok
20/01/2004, 9:45 AM
Originally posted by RedX
Also "We are upgrading the PA system in and around the ground as well " said Lennox

Thank God!

For HT Entertainment; Bring back those penalty taking guinness pints!!!:D

fonzi
20/01/2004, 10:03 AM
no cheerleaders please.

thecorner
20/01/2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
The Mascot helps to get athmosphere going in the family enclosure which brings the kids back everyweek, along with their partents, their money and their support.

Not bad for a service that the club get for free from people who give their time up to support Cork City. I think all elements of the family enclosure has been a huge success.

As for cheer leaders, who says they are going to be women?

We could well have a few of the Corner Boys dancing around in tiny skirts with burbury pom-poms at half time.

think ill pass on it,just this once

anyway all the cheerleaders oin the world couldnt keep me from my half time beverage

Dricky
20/01/2004, 10:51 AM
Cheerleaders no way, next we'll be called a soccer club!!!!!!!

put up a huge Kareoke screen, now thats entertainment..... ;-)

Roo69
20/01/2004, 10:52 AM
them 2 seasons back and they went down a right treat with the locals ! All the high kicks and what not ! happy days !

rebelnorrie
20/01/2004, 1:49 PM
if they improve the P.A system,oisin must be removed from his post straight away!!!

Sheridan
20/01/2004, 1:55 PM
I'd advise you strongly against introducing cheerleaders, especially if you want to convince doubters to take the club seriously. Anyway, football's such a great game that it doesn't need any of that b----cks.

Dodge
20/01/2004, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Sheridan
I'd advise you strongly against introducing cheerleaders, especially if you want to convince doubters to take the club seriously. Anyway, football's such a great game that it doesn't need any of that b----cks.
If the cheerleeaders have b----cks, you really will have problems

:)

A face
20/01/2004, 4:09 PM
C'mere ... i wonder will it be those nice girls from Angels .... i have seen them hanging around the cross a bit handing out flyers .... Maybe Brian roped them in for a little bit of a show. They'll hardly be up at the family enclosure side .... where else could you put them ?? :)

Troy.McClure
20/01/2004, 5:07 PM
Ugh... cheerleaders? Next thing we'll have quarters instead of halfs(sp?). I want to see football not soccer.

Id agree with the big pints of Guinness taking pennos, infact, anything aslong as its 6 foot tall and made of styrofome!

The PA system MUST be done though!

jofyisgod
20/01/2004, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

The PA system MUST be done though!

Agreed. In The Shed you have no idea what the f*ck is going on. If there was a fire, no-one would know. I hope they play some decent musice from now on, not Mickey Joe Harte... please.

ccfcman
20/01/2004, 5:53 PM
didnt the pa system get an upgrade for last season

:ball: :ball: :ball:

shedite
20/01/2004, 7:10 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Id agree with the big pints of Guinness taking pennos, infact, anything aslong as its 6 foot tall and made of styrofome!

Well seeing as we've got Nissan as main sponsors next season maybe we could see two nissan micras taking penos?

I'd love cheerleaders. They're so fine. Philadelphia Eagles took it up a knoch this year and got them all wearing lingerie. It was amazing. Prett ****ed that they won't be at the Superbowl. Hav a look through the ladies here : http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/cheerleaders/

A face
20/01/2004, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
I hope they play some decent musice from now on

What is decent music .... what would you like to hear ??

tiktok
21/01/2004, 7:52 AM
Originally posted by A face
What is decent music .... what would you like to hear ??

I think the team should come out to 'Rebel Rebel' by David Bowie,

Apart from that a few Cork numbers e.g.
'Give him a ball and a yard of grass' Sultans
'Indian Ocean' Franks
'The Parsnip Song' Fred
'Downtown' Microdisney
'Twilight' Bass Odyssey

GavinZac
21/01/2004, 9:17 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/POLFGCEJLDJM/ali_new.jpg

pat dolan sign her up

feck midfielders THIS will get the crowds in :D

jofyisgod
21/01/2004, 5:30 PM
Decent music? I dunno, i know everyone likes different stuff, but a mix. Some old classics, then some new stuff, but they should be tunes that get you going, if ya get me. Not ballads,etc..

The club definetily(sp?) need a unique entrance song. At Newcastle, they play this Local Hero song. It's class. I'm not sure if it has references to Newcastle in it, but if it didn't that would be a good one to play. How about a dance version of De Banks?:D

Troy.McClure
21/01/2004, 6:00 PM
How about a dance version of De Banks?:D

Have you heard the versions of The Fields of Atherry etc done by Dance To Tipperary? They're awful, the worst $h!te Ive ever heard!

I guess that people will have strong and varied openions about music, but Id go for the chorus to The Banks although Rebel Rebel is a good suggestion.

A face
21/01/2004, 8:34 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Apart from that a few Cork numbers e.g.
'Give him a ball and a yard of grass' Sultans
'Indian Ocean' Franks
'The Parsnip Song' Fred
'Downtown' Microdisney
'Twilight' Bass Odyssey

I like the way you are thinking !!

Could you get them on a CD and into Red FM (Roar or Osshh) before the start of the season ??

thecorner
21/01/2004, 8:49 PM
anything by the sultans would be the job

after all,nearly all tracks off casual sex in the cineplex have a reference to football

"2pints of rasa"

the 12 th man
22/01/2004, 7:15 AM
what about "dearg doom" by horslips,thats a rip roarer with real heavy lead guitar that would wake up even the sleepiest player or supprter:p

Éanna
23/01/2004, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by the 12 th man
what about "dearg doom" by horslips,thats a rip roarer with real heavy lead guitar that would wake up even the sleepiest player or supprter:p
yeah, thats a great tune. I think the sultans would be a good shot as well. something people can identify with

tiktok
23/01/2004, 2:02 PM

it's a great tune, but wasn't it ripped off for that 'Put 'em under pressure' tune before Euro88......

we wouldn't want it descending into

Ole,Ole(x256)

the 12 th man
23/01/2004, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by tiktok

we wouldn't want it descending into

Ole,Ole(x256) [/B]

if your pa was loud enough tiktok,i dont think it would get a chance to happen because the rest of the song after the intro bears no resemblance to the dreaded you know what.
i think the good people of cork have ,like the rest of us had it with it.

tiktok
23/01/2004, 2:14 PM
if your pa was loud enough tiktok

....and therein lies the problem:D :D

no, it's a great tune, really uplifting, it's a good choice.

ccfc till i die
23/01/2004, 4:12 PM
It'll be good just as long as they're not mingers from the northside. Me and Gavin Zac will start rounding up all the nice totty in UCC.

the scout
23/01/2004, 9:36 PM
[B..

The club definetily(sp?) need a unique entrance song. At Newcastle, they play this Local Hero song. It's class.D [/B]

what about the "boys are back in town" by lizzy at about 10 000 decibels,that would get everbody looking at the dressing rooms waiting for the players to take to the pitch.i guarantee that would do the trick:D

dahamsta
23/01/2004, 10:57 PM
If cheerleaders are introduced, dahamsta will be in attendance every week. I'll leave it to you guys to decide if that's a good or bad thing.

I mean proper cheerleaders btw. Roll out a troupe of mingers and dahamsta'll roll back into bed.

That is all.

adam

GavinZac
26/01/2004, 7:54 AM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
It'll be good just as long as they're not mingers from the northside. Me and Gavin Zac will start rounding up all the nice totty in UCC.

rag week, we can say its a 'competition' to win 'drink' :D

the 12 th man
26/01/2004, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by Guerzy
I identify with Britney Spears and Beyonce. Does that mean that there candidates for entrance music

man o man would i love to see that!!!!!!

Troy.McClure
26/01/2004, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by the scout
what about the "boys are back in town" by lizzy at about 10 000 decibels,that would get everbody looking at the dressing rooms waiting for the players to take to the pitch.i guarantee that would do the trick:D

Thats why Shels use it!

johny k
28/01/2004, 11:39 AM
ah f*ck it lads cheerleaders would b class! all d boys would go then!!! does anyone know any birds doin it?? would they b up ta standard? i don't want no mingers!!;)

BillyConway
28/01/2004, 12:28 PM
Cheerleaders? Yes Please!!
Will they be from one of the big dance schools or what? Its not worth doing it unless they get professional dancers.

Troy.McClure
28/01/2004, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by BillyConway
Its not worth doing it unless they get professional dancers.

Id rather the money be spent on professional footballers rather than professional dancers.

liam88
28/01/2004, 2:57 PM
Mabye train up some local lasses and give them free tickets, shirts etc.?

the 12 th man
28/01/2004, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by liam88
Mabye train up some local lasses and give them free tickets, shirts etc.?

seeing as they are cheer leaders how about free tickets and no shirts!!!!! now yer talking man :cool:

shinobi
28/01/2004, 9:50 PM
Can`t see the subs getting much done in the half-time warm up

the scout
30/01/2004, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by BillyConway
Its not worth doing it unless they get professional dancers.

i believe the riverdance troupe have expressed an interest in performing some kind of football type dance at halftime for your delectation lads.its going to be called "dolandance":D

Counting Crow
30/01/2004, 10:13 PM
I wonder would any of these Cheer Leaders be good "ball players" ................. hey, cut that out...........I was thinking of them linning up in midfield, you know - "playing the field" and all that.................oh for f**k sake there you go again.

Why do ye always turn an innocent comment into something smutty.

I reckon with all the "polls" we run here on Foot.ie they would "dance" their way to the top "laping" up the adulation.

johny k
02/02/2004, 2:37 PM
once again i ask....................................

Originally posted by johny k
! does anyone know any birds doin it?? would they b up ta standard?

A face
02/02/2004, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by johny k
once again i ask

I dunno .... i'd say it was initially something said in passing, it was just throwing it out there. I really cant see there being cheerleaders at the cross to be honest. Not the pom-pom ones anyway !! :)

the 12 th man
03/02/2004, 6:59 AM
Originally posted by A face
. I really cant see there being cheerleaders at the cross to be honest. Not the pom-pom ones anyway !! :)

i dont see why not.there is no shortage of good looking women who would just love to shake their booty in front of a packed x.women are not shy any more and i reckon you would just have to put a small ad in the examiner or similar and you would have no probs.(any chance of attending the interviews.?)

if you guys got it started i bet it would mushroom to all the bigger clubs trying to out do each other, with better looking girls, more
revealing costumes etc.what have you got to lose:D

A face
03/02/2004, 10:17 AM
any chance of attending the interviews.?

You sound like Catman .... the club owner on the cheesey girl dancers programme on Sky One !! Dirty Stan !! :D