PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie Ireland gear and displays

MariborKev
13/06/2009, 12:37 PM
Neil,

Fair play on your talking shop thread as it has certainly spurred me into action.

Rather than give our money to traders outside the ground for scarves, badges etc, why don't we get our own range of scarves(half and half match specific, general ireland scarves etc) done up, and put the profit towards drums, flags etc for the singing section.

I'm in the middle of getting a load of stuff done for Derry at the minute to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the treble, so I am prepared to take ownership of this(or otherwise I am more than happy to provide the suppliers details and let someone else handle it) and take it from there.

stiffler
13/06/2009, 3:11 PM
Great idea... i see there is a thread on YBIG about trying to get tricolour cards on every seat in croker to create a giant mirage around the ground. Something like this would be ideal for the funds to go towards.

NeilMcD
13/06/2009, 4:01 PM
Great idea Maribor. I am fully behind that probably do not have the contacts to co-ordinate it but I can be a drone no problem. Maybe changed the name of the thread to something that will grab peoples attention. Something that gives an idea of what the thread is about.

MariborKev
13/06/2009, 5:13 PM
Great idea... i see there is a thread on YBIG about trying to get tricolour cards on every seat in croker to create a giant mirage around the ground. Something like this would be ideal for the funds to go towards.

Stiffler,

I've been involved in that type of thing in the past.

Several points
- Irish people are cack at that level of organisation
- Too many people arrive at games late
- Let's not go too big too soon

captkeen
14/06/2009, 10:14 AM
A cracking idea. Im sure you will get a good take up.I think the F.A.I should make a bit more effort to get flags etc to away matches.I was at Heiniken Cup match Sale v Munster last year and Munster were giving our free flags ,and it certainly made a difference.Might drop them a line.

Greenforever
14/06/2009, 5:29 PM
- Too many people arrive at games late
- Let's not go too big too soon

This is the core of the problem, however our next major home game should be a nighttime kick off against Italy and something should be possible if it was concentrated on for the canal end only - with the fai pushing there soccer republic site maybe a massive hope style flag as seen in Sofia, printed on cards and left on the seats to be raised during the national anthem could be done, (surely eircom would be interested)

However I've said many times before the best anthem of all is Walk Alone, complete with scarfs aloft, and should be adopted as everyone knows it and can sing it. Im not a pool fan and don't give a fiddler whoelse sings it, like i dont care how pool fans have modified the fields... unfortunately we have certain fans who are anti a song because a certain British team may sing it... I mean if somone rewrote Glory Glory Man U as a ROI song I would love to sing it also as it would sound brilliant....

For example Que Cera Cera (and you're hardly going to believe us) which is English but not restricted to any one side (that I know off) gets a great rendition on away trips at certain times (which suggests anti english clubs rather than England)

HOw about a poll of top soccer chants that can be adapted if needs be REGARDLESS of who may be assocaited with them??

rant over:D