PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo to Real - 80m

Pages : [1] 2

De Town
11/06/2009, 8:49 AM
United have accepted an offer, on their website.

DmanDmythDledge
11/06/2009, 8:52 AM
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6634291

Use the money to buy a world class centre mid. Maybe Ribery as repalcement too?

De Town
11/06/2009, 8:59 AM
link (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6634291)

Use the money to buy a world class centre mid. Maybe Ribery as repalcement too?

Fixed the link there.

Yeah Ribery would be a good replacement. A world class forward is needed as well, someone that stands in the box like Van Nistelrooy used to, because Ronaldo's goals will be badly missed.

RonnieB
11/06/2009, 9:06 AM
Christ football gets more obscene every year.

elroy
11/06/2009, 9:13 AM
Fcuking hell!!! Not all that surprised. How much will they have to pay for Ribery though

hunt4the
11/06/2009, 9:15 AM
Rooney will be delighted, he might get a pass now
or get to play up front, in his natural position

bennocelt
11/06/2009, 9:16 AM
Man Utd had to sell him this year , well done, good deal
I think they can save 6 million a year on wages as well - or am I wrong?

Now they can buy a few decent midfielders, and another striker.
Ribery will be a man utd player next season?

De Town
11/06/2009, 9:19 AM
Rooney will be delighted, he might get a pass now
or get to play up front, in his natural position

Good point alright. Rooney is a striker, not a winger. Hopefully Fergie will see that now.

Neish
11/06/2009, 11:51 AM
As a United fan I'd be a bit sad to see him go, don't get me wrong I think he is a tw*t but between what he scores and what he creates your gauntedd 50+ goals a season.

However £80 million is a good deal, Ribery would be a great replacement and if he is permitted fergie should purchase an out and out goal machine,somone who will gaurntee 25+ goals a season(but can't think of anyone who be avialable to buy) If not he should get a world class centre midfeilder who is at most 27-28 to replace Scholes who is getting on in years now

superfrank
11/06/2009, 11:54 AM
Really hope Ribery doesn't join Man U...he's one of the best wingers I've ever seen. He's a class act through and through and I think he'd give a lot more to the side than Ronaldo.

I don't think Ribery would cost so much. Probably a bit more than Hargreaves did, which was around £17m (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6707995.stm).

DeLorean
11/06/2009, 11:58 AM
If not he should get a world class centre midfeilder who is at most 27-28 to replace Scholes who is getting on in years now

They need a couple of central midfielders really. Like you say Scholes isn't what he was and Hargreaves looks like he won't make it back. They are their two best midfielders really and both need to be replaced.

Ribery is a good player alright but some of the valuations of him seemed a bit high. They are sure to win the team ugly competition if they get him anyway!!

Lev Yashin
11/06/2009, 12:26 PM
As a United fan I'd be a bit sad to see him go, don't get me wrong I think he is a tw*t but between what he scores and what he creates your gauntedd 50+ goals a season.

However £80 million is a good deal, Ribery would be a great replacement and if he is permitted fergie should purchase an out and out goal machine,somone who will gaurntee 25+ goals a season(but can't think of anyone who be avialable to buy) If not he should get a world class centre midfeilder who is at most 27-28 to replace Scholes who is getting on in years now

Forlan??? :D

achillrover
11/06/2009, 12:35 PM
laugh all you want; he won the golden boot

how much of a joke would it be if they brought him back!!!

Weatherman
11/06/2009, 12:48 PM
Ribery wont go to united because england has the same weather as germany and he wants to play in a hotter climate according to him!
what fergie needs to do is bid 30m for fabregas. arsenal are struggling financially imo and would snap at that offer and plus its a chance for a fustrated fabregas to win medals again! scholes giggs vandersar neville and hargreaves need to be replaced, big year for fabio and tosic to step up!

Macy
11/06/2009, 12:53 PM
somone who will gaurntee 25+ goals a season(but can't think of anyone who be avialable to buy)
Given the financial strife that Liverpool's owners are in, Torres.

Roadend
11/06/2009, 1:07 PM
I don't think Ribery would cost so much. Probably a bit more than Hargreaves did, which was around £17m (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6707995.stm).

Ribery will cost a heck of a lot more than 17m, didn't they just quote Real 100m or something stuipid like that

Den Perry
11/06/2009, 1:18 PM
Ribery will cost a heck of a lot more than 17m, didn't they just quote Real 100m or something stuipid like that

I think Ronaldo is a moaner and a cheat. However he is a fantastic player and don't know how they are going to replace him.

Schumi
11/06/2009, 1:19 PM

Everyone will quote stupid prices to Real Madrid!

Monster
11/06/2009, 1:31 PM
On the face of it this look slike an excellent peice of business but are there really any viable players out there to replace him??
Ribery??Without a shadow of a doubt the best possible replacement united could hope for but i think he has already stated that he has no desire to play in England - he would also cost at least 35 million i would imagine.
David Villa??Rumours strife in Spain that he will complete a move to Real next week
Benzema??I lived in France for a year and this is probably the only player i can think of in World football that is rated higher outside his country then within.

Also what World class centre midfielders are available at the moment??I cant think of any.

Looks good business but i dont believe there are any able replacements out there and i would be very suprrised if united started next season a stronger team then last.

Roo69
11/06/2009, 2:14 PM
As a United fan i will sorry to loose a player of Ronaldo's class and he will be very hard to replace, but he no longer wanted to play for United so i think it is a fantastic piece of business by United. 80 million is a serious amount of money and will allow United to bring almost any player they want. A lot of comments have mentioned players and if they are available, most clubs will come out and say there players are not available put money talks.

Ribery is the name being mooted in most quarters as Ronaldo's replacement and going on what we are all reading from various sources he will sign, even the bookies have slashed his odds on joining United. Fantastic player with real world class quality and would more than fill Ronaldos boots, will he score as many goals or create as many chances though ?

Valencia from Wigan is another name being mentioned, excellent young player with plenty of pace and skill. More of a squad player than anything but still could do a very good job for United.

Personally i think United need a world class central midfielder, this is were they were found out last season. Again most top players and their managers will say they are not available but if they money is good enough then anybody is available. SFA has always been a big fan of Xavi, a player of his calibre would make all the difference to United pursuit of the Champions League, but they would need to spend at least 30+ million to secure his services. The same would go for Fabregas.

With Ronaldo leaving with SFA go back to a 4-4-2 now ?

superfrank
11/06/2009, 2:31 PM
Ribery won't score as many goals but he's a better team player and he will create plenty of chances.

NeilMcD
11/06/2009, 2:37 PM
A

Ribery i Fantastic player with real world class quality and would more than fill Ronaldos boots, will he score as many goals or create as many chances though ?

How does this make sense.

pete
11/06/2009, 2:40 PM
Where the money comes from (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8094864.stm)

Real are the richest club in the worth so not just fantasy money.

- 290m Revenue
- 150m from TV every year
- 750m deal with Adidas

:eek:

DeLorean
11/06/2009, 2:53 PM

Was wondering the same thing.

Roo69
11/06/2009, 2:56 PM

How doesn't it make sense ? What i mean is that he has enough skill and class to become a permanent fixture in any side in the world, never mind just United.

Ribery is a smashing player, world class. He is more than able to fill Ronaldo's boots in the United team but he will not score as many goals as Ronaldo did.

Roo69
11/06/2009, 2:59 PM
Where the money comes from (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8094864.stm)

Real are the richest club in the worth so not just fantasy money.

- 290m Revenue
- 150m from TV every year
- 750m deal with Adidas

:eek:

Apperntly credit lines from 2 seperate banks have enabled them to spend so much on Kaka and Ronaldo this week. Any further players being signed will be funded by player sales, they reckon they could spend as much as 300 million this summer :eek:

Schumi
11/06/2009, 2:59 PM
Ribery is a smashing player, world class. He is more than able to fill Ronaldo's boots in the United team but he will not score as many goals as Ronaldo did.

How is he filling his boots if he doesn't do as much?

KK77
11/06/2009, 3:02 PM
Have no doubts debts of £700 million will have also played a part in Utd accepting this offer. Cantona, Beckham, Keane all left and got replaced so the show will go on. Will miss his goals all the same. What was it 25 odd last season and wasn't exactly at his best.

DmanDmythDledge
11/06/2009, 3:05 PM
I think what he is trying to say is that Ribery would not be out of place playing for the second best team in Europe but will not contribute as much as CRonaldo.

Villa would be an amazing signing. Would instantly be the best striker in the Premier League and is one the best in the world. Looks like he is going to Madrid though. Not that many centre mids available at the moment- maybe Arteta but Moyes would fight tooth and nail to hang to him.

KK77
11/06/2009, 3:06 PM
Apperntly credit lines from 2 seperate banks have enabled them to spend so much on Kaka and Ronaldo this week. Any further players being signed will be funded by player sales, they reckon they could spend as much as 300 million this summer :eek:

If rumours are true Villa will come in and Alonso as well. Liverpool want 40 million euros for him afaik.

Roo69
11/06/2009, 3:09 PM
I think what he is trying to say is that Ribery would not be out of place playing for the second best team in Europe but will not contribute as much as CRonaldo.

Villa would be an amazing signing. Would instantly be the best striker in the Premier League and is one the best in the world. Not that many centre mids available at the moment- maybe Arteta but Moyes would fight tooth and nail to hang to him.

At least someone has a bit of common sense !

Goal wise he will not contribute as much but he would more than compensate for that with his work rate for the team.

DeLorean
11/06/2009, 3:10 PM
Villa would be an amazing signing. Would instantly be the best striker in the Premier League

Villa would definitely signal the end for Tevez. Very similar players I think. Torres is the best in the PL and will remain that way for a long time imo.

DeLorean
11/06/2009, 3:12 PM
At least someone has a bit of common sense

Ya it's been a long time coming.

DmanDmythDledge
11/06/2009, 3:14 PM
Torres is the best in the PL and will remain that way for a long time imo.
Maybe so, only cos it's the PL though. Absolutely no doubt who the better player of two is but Torres would be more effective in the PL probably. Only Etoo or C Ronaldo could outscore Torres in the PL, assuming all played the same amount of games.

Roo69
11/06/2009, 3:14 PM
If rumours are true Villa will come in and Alonso as well. Liverpool want 40 million euros for him afaik.

That's what you call trying to buy success :D

Alonso is world class but again with the money problems English clubs have i reckon Liverpool would probably take the offer if it came to it. Good bit of business as well if they get it, good servent to the club and make a great profit, can't ask for much more than that if a player no longer wants to play for a club.

But there big problem is at the back, that's where they really need to bring players in, and their solution - Gael Cleachy from Arsenal :eek: (spelling)

Roo69
11/06/2009, 3:18 PM
Torres is the best in the PL and will remain that way for a long time imo.

No questions Torres the best striker in the PL, i don't think anyone could argue with that. But there aint a whole lot of world class strikers in the PL really, i reckon if Rooney was played up front in his proper position he would be up there but Fergie seems to think playing him out wide on the left is a good idea.... E'to and Villa would also be in the same class.

DmanDmythDledge
11/06/2009, 3:22 PM
Etoo and Villa are far better than Torres- just compare the scoring records in La Liga which is a harder league to score in. Torres would be back under 20 league goals a season in La Liga.

Rooney only generally played out wide in CL games, which absolutely 100% the correct decision to make. The way United play in Europe Rooney on the wing and Ronaldo upfront suited the team better. I still think Rooney will be on the wing for those games this season. All depends on who is brought in though.

rambler14
11/06/2009, 3:33 PM
Good riddance to the b0llocks! :mad:
I personally have had no time for him since his behaviour during last years Summer Window and to be honest I fully expected him to leave for Madrid this summer anyway so I ain't really that shocked.

I take it Van Nistelrooy will leave Madrid?

dfx-
11/06/2009, 3:35 PM
Etoo and Villa are far better than Torres- just compare the scoring records in La Liga which is a harder league to score in. Torres would be back under 20 league goals a season in La Liga.

Villa yes, Eto'o I'm not so sure. Put Torres at the top of that Barcelona strikeforce instead of a meandering Atletico side, especially given how much he loved and how often he scored at the Nou Camp as it was anyway....

Real spending 140m on non-defenders is funny. Some things never change:)

bellavistaman
11/06/2009, 5:15 PM
Im thinkning ribery benzema and keep tevez would be superb.

John83
11/06/2009, 6:07 PM
Really hope Ribery doesn't join Man U...he's one of the best wingers I've ever seen. He's a class act through and through and I think he'd give a lot more to the side than Ronaldo.

Chelsea were quoted $65M. Ribery won't be cheap. Might be worth it all the same.

superfrank
11/06/2009, 6:09 PM
Diego Forlan, imo, the best forward in La Liga last year, hardly scored any in the EPL and he bangs them in in La Liga, sure he got 32 last season. He's an incredible player but he didn't do it in the EPL, for whatever reason.

I'm not going to start a debate about which league is better than the other, I just think Forlan's record (in Spain: 102 goals in 175 league games; in England: 10 in 63) shouldn't be overlooked (as someone who's played in both leagues, unlike Etoo and Villa) if you're going to start comparing players in both leagues.

Rovers fan
11/06/2009, 6:58 PM
Torres is far better than Eto'o imo. While Eto'o does score a lot of goals, most good strikers would in that barca team. He misses a lot of good chances.

De Town
11/06/2009, 7:16 PM
Given the financial strife that Liverpool's owners are in, Torres.

That would be perfect!:D

eamo1
11/06/2009, 9:14 PM
He is a moaning diving cheating child.However he also carried Utd in countless games in the last 2 seasons especially.His goals and creativity WILL BE BADLY MISSED.Theres nobody out there worth buying at the moment who can replace the amount of goals etc he got.
As a Barca fan i cant wait to see Puyol have him in his pocket next season like he did in the Champions League final.

rambler14
11/06/2009, 10:03 PM
Im thinkning ribery benzema and keep tevez would be superb.

Thats the general feeling.

bennocelt
12/06/2009, 8:50 AM
Would be great if Benzema went to Utd, I love this guy, and i think Utds style of play would suit him down to the ground

Hibernian
12/06/2009, 1:07 PM
Would be great if Benzema went to Utd, I love this guy, and i think Utds style of play would suit him down to the ground

Agree I think he be massive signing for United

I heard from good mate who lives in Manchester that United are going make offer for Buffon at some stage in early July

cheifo
15/06/2009, 9:56 PM
God it would be great for football if UTD completley capitulated next year.

Well I would like it anyway.

John83
15/06/2009, 10:00 PM
God it would be great for football if UTD completley capitulated next year.

Well I would like it anyway.
I was flicking between tabs when I came to this post, and was confused for a moment: I assumed you were talking about an LoI club going out of business.