PDA

View Full Version : cup match

Martinho II
10/06/2009, 7:49 PM
well lads are ye all set for the cup match? is any travel diversions still between carlow and enniscorthy ? I remember the last time We travelled up we had to take a fourty min detour by rathnew in wicklow cos of the diversion

Youths4Ever
10/06/2009, 8:06 PM
well lads are ye all set for the cup match? is any travel diversions still between carlow and enniscorthy ? I remember the last time We travelled up we had to take a fourty min detour by rathnew in wicklow cos of the diversion

I think the worst of it over but not 100% sure to be honest someone else might know. I find going through Dublin is easier when I travel to Longford better roads and bigger speed limits :D

Martinho II
11/06/2009, 5:17 PM
I think the worst of it over but not 100% sure to be honest someone else might know. I find going through Dublin is easier when I travel to Longford better roads and bigger speed limits :D

might head by ldublin so i believe that you can save yourself a lot going by motorway so dublin it is!

ForzaForth
14/06/2009, 7:36 PM
Wexford came back from the dead with two goals in the last ten minutes after a very impressive effort by Longford. Youths left out Peter White, Packie, Patsy and Anto Russell from their usual team and the fluidity wasn't helped by the changes. First half was dire with neither team able or willing to keep the ball on the ground in what was only a medium wind (for Ferrycarrig). Again, we were too quick to simply hit the ball up top for Gavin and Gary to do something and inevitably it simply went straight on with the wind to the Longford keeper or was headed back by McCarthy, the tall Longford cantre-half.

ForzaForth
14/06/2009, 7:44 PM
First goal was to Longford in the second half after the Wexford players stopped due to a high foot from a Longford player, but the ref. gave nothing and Jinks (?) tucked away a shot nicely from about 20 yards. Longford then got a second some minutes later when Wexford couldn't clear a cross. Wexford then came alive and piled on the pressure which led to Gavin getting a penalty after a goal-bound shot hit a Longford hand. Gavin took the penalty and scored from the rebound off the keeper. Gavin then got a lovely second when he smacked a half-volley from about twenty yards after the ball broke off a Longford defender in injury time. Sinny also got booked for diving in the second-half but it seemed like a definite peno. to me. Good second half saved the game and thought Breener was absolutely immense for us. Maybe 650 spectators.

Darkglasses
14/06/2009, 10:05 PM
Definitely looked a peno from behind the goal, but a draw was all we deserved anyway I think.

Salmon Coloured
15/06/2009, 7:28 AM
There was a bit of dubiousness regarding our second goal as it maybe didnt cross the goaline. Anyway i see that as an evening out of the first league game between us down there when Wexfords second goal was given for the ball apparently being dropped over the line (it didnt as i was in the clubhouse looking directly down on it). Anyway i didnt think our second crossed the line either so were all even as regards luck. Roll on the replay.

Martinho II
15/06/2009, 7:45 PM
I had the wonderful pleasure of speaking to Brian Da Salvo at the Wexford game . He gave me his business card and said that he would be interested in writing for the town program. Hope he doenst charge :)

Great two articles about us in their match program yesterday top notch

Youths4Ever
15/06/2009, 8:57 PM
I had the wonderful pleasure of speaking to Brian Da Salvo at the Wexford game . He gave me his business card and said that he would be interested in writing for the town program. Hope he doenst charge :)

Great two articles about us in their match program yesterday top notch

Yeah Brian is producing out program for us now so it starting to get a lot better he does very good articles you check out the report (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/thirdroundcup09report.html) he wrote on the game it is somewhat different to the norm to say the least.

Is there such a thing as Longford Town pin badge these days have been looking for one a while and was just wondering is there was any way of getting one?

Splurge
16/06/2009, 8:38 AM
There was a bit of dubiousness regarding our second goal as it maybe didnt cross the goaline. Anyway i see that as an evening out of the first league game between us down there when Wexfords second goal was given for the ball apparently being dropped over the line (it didnt as i was in the clubhouse looking directly down on it). Anyway i didnt think our second crossed the line either so were all even as regards luck. Roll on the replay.

I was right behind the goalfor the league game and none of us were in any doubt that it had crossed, the keeper and defence didnt protest much either.
What happened that keeper that was playing that night? We had a good bit of baner going with him.

Tallanted
16/06/2009, 6:38 PM
That game was his last for us, he was costin alot of goals and it was in the best interest of both parties that he moved on.

Martinho II
16/06/2009, 7:16 PM
That game was his last for us, he was costin alot of goals and it was in the best interest of both parties that he moved on.

didnt realise that was his last. will danny o leary play tomorrow night so?

Tallanted
16/06/2009, 7:17 PM
Id imagine he cant play til the window opens, not 100% on this but that was the word on sunday

Martinho II
16/06/2009, 7:18 PM
Yeah Brian is producing out program for us now so it starting to get a lot better he does very good articles you check out the report (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/thirdroundcup09report.html) he wrote on the game it is somewhat different to the norm to say the least.

Is there such a thing as Longford Town pin badge these days have been looking for one a while and was just wondering is there was any way of getting one?

we do have longford town pin badges in stock. I was speaking to some fella at the irish program fair about it. I think he was a Wexford youths fan. Is this the same fella? I know a fella that would be able to organise it for you I will have to send him a quick text to remind him as he told me that he definitely had them

Youths4Ever
16/06/2009, 7:26 PM
we do have longford town pin badges in stock. I was speaking to some fella at the irish program fair about it. I think he was a Wexford youths fan. Is this the same fella? I know a fella that would be able to organise it for you I will have to send him a quick text to remind him as he told me that he definitely had them

not the same fella i am afraid. I have sent you a pm thanks