PDA

View Full Version : Flynny's injury - a worry

Counting Crow
17/01/2004, 8:27 AM
Have to say I was surprised to read in last night's Echo that Flynny is still getting treatment for his knee injury. It's going on for a long time now.

I wonder is this why Dolan and Lennox are now also in the hunt for Stephen O'Flynn, having bought Fenn recently.

I would have thought after this length of time Flynny would be just concentrating on his normal fitness at this stage!!!!

It must have been a lot worse than we were all led to believe ( or, in fairness, that the Club thought ) but it does beg the question, why the hell did he come on against Longford that night in November?

jofyisgod
17/01/2004, 8:19 PM
Knee injuries are the worst injuries ever to have. I( saw him around November(training) and he seemed pretty good. He was running and joined in with the rest of the lads. Hopefully it's just them making sure it won't recurr(sp.?)

DolansWaistcoat
18/01/2004, 3:39 PM
I hope that when JOF does come back that his pace is still as electrfiying as it was.Along with his great first touch and control on the ball and great finishing ability it's Flynny pace that really scares the opposition.

As for the 'comeback' that Flynn made in november,Flynny obviously wasn't ready on that night and didn't make any impact on the game whatsoever.I think that Dolan might have been trying to trick us into thinking that everything was fine and that Jof was grand and that the injury wasn't long term.Remember all the reports that Dolan made in the echo saying that flynn would be out for a few weeks and that it was a minor injury.If he wasn't ready that night he shouldn't have been played and thats all there is to it.

Maybe i'm way off the mark with the conspirecy theories,but if there is any truth in it then PD would really go down in my estimation.

ian
19/01/2004, 6:53 AM
Ya I agree with what you are saying. Pat should not have played him that night.

As for your conspirecy thing I think that it is all in your head you are well of the mark there I say.

I say it is all in your head.

balls
19/01/2004, 6:45 PM
the coming season will be remembered for one thing forget all this injury talk jof is gonna score between 25-30 goals and shoot city to the league title
JOF BORN TO SCORE GOALS

thecorner
19/01/2004, 8:50 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
but it does beg the question, why the hell did he come on against Longford that night in November?

was flynny let down by the club this night

wasnt there a big tv game on the same night and was flynny used to get a few extra heads at the cross to see his "return"

DolansWaistcoat
20/01/2004, 8:40 AM
Might be a bit exteme there corner boy,I thought I was the only one who came up with the X-files type conspirecies..:eek:

One thing I do know is that Flynny wasn't ready that night but lets forget about it now and hope he's back to his best for the new season.

tiktok
20/01/2004, 9:41 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
wasnt there a big tv game on the same night and was flynny used to get a few extra heads at the cross to see his "return"

exactly what happened IMO, his return had been touted on RedFM in the days leading up to the game and when he came on it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that he was nowhere near ready.

niamh
22/01/2004, 1:50 PM
Flynny's injury is an example of a way that the club has not improved. The fans don't know what the real story is and even when we were told anything, it later turned out to be incorrect.
Facts is what we want to hear, not PR.