PDA

View Full Version : Transfer deadline - closing date?

Counting Crow
16/01/2004, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know when it closes?

I'm starting to get a little edgy as we hit "midway in the month" ( I think it closes at the end of January ).

It's a good move to off load some of the fringe players ( Casey ) and injury prone ones such as O'Grady ( even though I had a lot of time for him - he served us well ) but only if we get in some class acts in the meantime.

Last year Dave Hill told me at the start of the season that we badly needed some good midfielders.............he spoke great wisdom for a Rambler.

With the new season begining to loom we are still in the same situation - we need a couple of big names or class imports to shore up our one weak spot.

Pat, please put us out of our misery. Get out the folding money, cheque book or credit union book quickly before it is too late.

RedX
17/01/2004, 3:10 PM
It was reported during the week that Forde was going to remain at Upton Park now they have sold David James.We will have to wait and see on this one..

Regarding the cenral midfield position i have no doubt in my mind that City will sign at least one new player for this position before the season starts.So please dont be worrying CC;)

There is no way Dolan would release O'Grady(who as you mentioned has served us very well)without being close to a deal or two for new players.Pat Dolan is a very shrewd guy.I had a decent conversation with him recently and while he would not give away much,the man is like a walking business.Absolute professional and very dedicated and ambitious.So let us all not worry and just look forward to a great season at the X...

niamh
21/01/2004, 8:10 PM
Am I right in saying that the transfer market for all the English season is the month of January and that the entire off season is the same for the eL?
So as it stands we have till the end of the month to sell/ buy anyone from English clubs and until the new season to buy/sell player from eL?

Martinho II
21/01/2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Am I right in saying that the transfer market for all the English season is the month of January and that the entire off season is the same for the eL?
So as it stands we have till the end of the month to sell/ buy anyone from English clubs and until the new season to buy/sell player from eL?

I was speaking to the physio of longfordtown who i work with and he told me that the transfer deadlind for el clubs is at the end of next month. I am not sure about english league , i say ye r right on that niamh.

derm
22/01/2004, 7:38 AM
AFAIK international transfer window deadline is end of Jan. Clubs can sign players from each other within de eL after that, but don't know for how long.

Not 100% sure on this tho'

The Mole
23/01/2004, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Regarding the cenral midfield position i have no doubt in my mind that City will sign at least one new player for this position before the season starts.So please dont be worrying CC;)

You know more about the Hunt deal than you are letting on! I wonder are your sources the same as mine?