PDA

View Full Version : Bluebell United

peadar1987
09/06/2009, 2:42 PM
Starting the buildup early!

Does anyone know anything about Bluebell's side? How are they likely to play, and how have their results been recently?

What sort of a side do you reckon we'll put out?

Would you even like to see us go through, given the effect a cup run could have on our league performances?

naoise kennedy
09/06/2009, 2:57 PM
Starting the buildup early!

Does anyone know anything about Bluebell's side? How are they likely to play, and how have their results been recently?

What sort of a side do you reckon we'll put out?

Would you even like to see us go through, given the effect a cup run could have on our league performances?

bluebell are a top aul side,i hope eddie puts out a strong side a good cup run could'nt make us play any worse..

dublinwanderer
09/06/2009, 3:26 PM
bluebell are a top aul side,i hope eddie puts out a strong side a good cup run could'nt make us play any worse..

Wrong!!! There a top Leinster Senior League team.... Should over come them but have to take them seriously.

As far as i know, our very own Andrei Gourgescu, plays for them!!! What would eddie do if he scored the winner in the 90th minute!!! :eek:hahaha

centre mid
09/06/2009, 3:58 PM
This seasons beaten Intermediate cup finalists, they are a top class intermediate outfit, out of season though. It would be hard to see them causing us problems. They would be around the same as Rockmount last year. The move to summer football does seem to be the death nail in the "giant killers" coffin.

naoise kennedy
09/06/2009, 5:18 PM
Wrong!!! There a top Leinster Senior League team.... Should over come them but have to take them seriously.

As far as i know, our very own Andrei Gourgescu, plays for them!!! What would eddie do if he scored the winner in the 90th minute!!! :eek:hahaha

yeah .. thats what i meant.. i saw franco in donnybrook last week in his football gear, looks like he was training or is training a local school, his girl friend comes from around there..

drummerboy
10/06/2009, 8:14 AM
This seasons beaten Intermediate cup finalists, they are a top class intermediate outfit, out of season though. It would be hard to see them causing us problems. They would be around the same as Rockmount last year. The move to summer football does seem to be the death nail in the "giant killers" coffin.

Shels found Crumlin a difficult proposition last night. Crumlin finished 8th in the Senior division of the LSL. Bluebell who Crumlin beat in the Intermediate Final finished 3rd in the same division. So they will be no pushover.

hula4
10/06/2009, 9:56 AM
bluebell are a fine side well organised at the back, a fine goalkeeper, but its up front where they are best served in Peter Sherlock and Ciaran Quinn.

Sherlock is an Irish amateur international, big strong, quick, good touch good finisher, Quinn plays just off him and has a hell of a shot on him. Any free kicks around the edge of the box id be worried about him.

if they were still midseason id be putting a sly few pound (not the house mind) on them to get a draw at least, i dont know how much they have done since they finished their league season, so ill say bray to win 3-1

KR's Post
10/06/2009, 8:35 PM
Niall Donnelly plays for them also afaik!

drummerboy
11/06/2009, 8:41 AM
Just heard that Bluebell will be missing their Irish Amateur contingent as they fly out to play in Croatia over the weekend.

naoise kennedy
11/06/2009, 10:40 AM
Just heard that Bluebell will be missing their Irish Amateur contingent as they fly out to play in Croatia over the weekend.

thats terrible,, bring back emeka, just heard that he has been released by athlone..

BrayUnknowns
11/06/2009, 11:21 AM
thats terrible,, bring back emeka, just heard that he has been released by athlone..

What is it with you and Emeka and Franco ?

2 very nice blokes but they are just not good enough to play premier division football

naoise kennedy
11/06/2009, 11:38 AM
What is it with you and Emeka and Franco ?

2 very nice blokes but they are just not good enough to play premier division football

don't worry franco is dead in the water, emeka is still very young, yes he is a good player and very nice bloke but i agree he would not make premier football..

superfrank
11/06/2009, 11:50 AM
Franco was always good for a few goals and Emeka is still very young, he has plenty of time to develop.

Surprised Emeka got released, he'd scored a goals for Athlone this year.

Roo69
11/06/2009, 2:21 PM

I hear they were flying the 2 players back for the game ? could be wrong though...

They are a very good side and will prove decent opposition for Bray. We should have enough but if it was an away game a draw would not surprise me .

We need to put out as strong a team as possible. League survival is our aim this year but a nice cup run would for everyone involved in the club. :D

peadar1987
11/06/2009, 5:37 PM
25 hours... :D

naoise kennedy
12/06/2009, 9:12 PM
Did'nt get to game tonight but it sounds like skippy was hero and villian for us. Not a bad result given that foran could not start and then shields being sent off,, where was paddy.. a win is a win bring on the next round.

The Fox
12/06/2009, 10:23 PM
Well to be fair Skippy played well - it was an awful back pass from Paul Byrne the resulted in the penalty being given. Some referees would have sent him off for that so i suppose that he was a bit lucky in that respect - it was a definite penalty.
Thought that Shields was a lttle unlucky to be sent off given that their no10 that flattened him didnt even get a yellow. How is shields? - it looked serious enough! I think that he did retaliate though.We were unlucky to be without Foran, Webster and Deans - meant our usually quite influential midfielders were mainly defending. Kavanagh was at the match but not in the squad.

superfrank
12/06/2009, 10:25 PM
Shields kicked out - it's a sending off, he can't complain. His injury is hip-related from what I heard.

Skippy should have been off, I don't get how he stayed on the pitch.

tippex
13/06/2009, 9:27 AM
once it was announced that foran was out after being named in the team I knew it was going to be one of those nights.

The crowd was ****e.
webster going off after 12 mins was the start of it.
Shields getting sent off was a no brainer.
How skippy didnt walk is beyond me especially considering the ref.

delighted with the result however I think we may have used up our quota of good fortune for this seasons cup already.

Seagull
13/06/2009, 11:57 AM
Shields kicked out - it's a sending off, he can't complain. His injury is hip-related from what I heard.

Skippy should have been off, I don't get how he stayed on the pitch.

It was around the edge of the six yard box, he was headed more towards the endline than the goal when he knocked the ball past Skippy but the way Winters reffed that, I thought he'd take great delight in sending him off.

peadar1987
13/06/2009, 12:54 PM
Good thing we're heading into the mid-season break, I don't think my heart could take another match like that for at least another month!

To be honest, I though Skippy was going to walk for that challenge. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the ref going for his pocket, especially seeing as I wasn't sure if we'd used up a substitution on Foran (He looked like he was okay when we was walking in front of the stand during the game, hopefully he'll be back soon). Great save from the penalty though, and another fantastic one later on. I think as a shot-stopper he's one of the best I've seen, he just needs to work on coming for crosses, and cutting out the odd mistake he makes. Then again, if he could do that he'd probably be playing for Arsenal or somebody.

Seagull
13/06/2009, 1:26 PM
Good thing we're heading into the mid-season break, I don't think my heart could take another match like that for at least another month!

To be honest, I though Skippy was going to walk for that challenge. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the ref going for his pocket, especially seeing as I wasn't sure if we'd used up a substitution on Foran (He looked like he was okay when we was walking in front of the stand during the game, hopefully he'll be back soon). Great save from the penalty though, and another fantastic one later on. I think as a shot-stopper he's one of the best I've seen, he just needs to work on coming for crosses, and cutting out the odd mistake he makes. Then again, if he could do that he'd probably be playing for Arsenal or somebody.
How was he picked as man of the match though (or who picks that)? Up to the peno he'd had nothing to do- I thought McCabe deserved MOTM...

peadar1987
13/06/2009, 1:43 PM
How was he picked as man of the match though (or who picks that)? Up to the peno he'd had nothing to do- I thought McCabe deserved MOTM...

It would have been very different if he'd been sent off like he probably should have been!

I think McCabe had a great game, decent distribution, loads of running, and that time he tackled that Bluebell player into the dugout! I thought Jake Kelly was having a decent game as well, until he went off.

superfrank
13/06/2009, 3:13 PM
MOTM was picked by the journos at the match. There was about seven people who voted in it. The vote was taken just after the peno save so it could be announced before the end of the match, that's probably why he got it.

BrayUnknowns
13/06/2009, 3:54 PM
1st thing is first, Bray are very very lucky to be in the next round of the cup, Bluebell deserved at least a draw from the game....

But in saying that Richie Winter should be ashemed of himself for some of his decisions he made during the match. Firstly Shields shouldnot have been sent off. He was absolutely smashed out of it, the Bluebell player only had eyes to damage Sheilds (which has has done, he was taken to hospital with a dislocated hip !!!! the scumbag didn't even get a yellow card for his tackle), As Shields was writhing around in pain on the ground, the Blubell player was getting to his feet and stood on Shields to who in turn kick out to get the Bluebell player off him. Form Winter to give Shields a red card while he was being strechered off was disgraceful.

We can have no complaints about the peno, terrible back pass and why skippy came out on his knees i'll never know, but he made up for it with a teriffic save. All i can assume is that he wasdn't shown a red card because the player looked like he lost control of the ball and he was going well away from goal. A lot of other refs would have shown Skippy a red card so i think we got lucky with that call.

McCabe was singled out for some attention by the Bluebell lads as well, the only thing is that McCabe got revenge with a fairly robust tackle himself.

No many positives to take form the match, apart from winning i suppose. Byrne was a good target man, won pretty much everythying in the air and scored a lovely goal as well as winning a peno.