PDA

View Full Version : Warnock attacks Ireland u19 management

Dodge
09/06/2009, 1:20 PM
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/4427627.Palace_boss_launches_tirade_at_Ireland/

Neil Warnock has launched a scathing attack on the Republic of Ireland after they ignored his calls not to play Sean Scannell in their U19 European Qualifiers this week.

The Crystal Palace winger played the second half of the Republic's 1-0 loss to Belgium on Friday and 78 minutes of their 6-1 defeat to Switzerland on Sunday, scoring a sublime solo consolation effort.

"I am absolutely delighted they aren't through, it serves them right."

But having not played or trained for Palace since the beginning of March, Warnock had asked U19 manager Sean McCaffrey not to risk the 18-year-old picking up further injury and was furious to learn his pleas had gone unheard.

"That's a disgrace when he hasn't played any football," he said.

"They must have been getting hammered and I can't believe he didn't pull him off earlier.

"I'm absolutely disgusted if they lost 6-1 and didn't pull him off after 45 minutes."

Ireland play their final game against Sweden tomorrow but have no chance of going through to July's finals, meaning Scannell will be available for pre-season.

"I am absolutely delighted they aren't through, it serves them right," said Warnock.

"I didn't understand why he was playing for them now."

====

Wouldn't worry too much about it, as no one gives a toss what he thinks

paul_oshea
09/06/2009, 1:33 PM
ya i read about what he said last week as well and saying he was hoping he wouldn't be called up. Thats playschool stuff the way he is mouthing off.

I also remember the saga with SU and then also the bit he wrote about hull a few weeks ago etc. What a hypocrite.

SunderlandBohs
09/06/2009, 2:12 PM
What a knob!!!!

CarrickFan
09/06/2009, 2:47 PM
Neil Warnock is the biggest pric k in world football...FACT.

CarrickFan
09/06/2009, 2:49 PM
or at least number 2 after Cristiano Ronaldo!!!:)

Predator
09/06/2009, 2:59 PM
Granted, Warnock is a clown and his comments saying that he's delighted at the 6-1 defeat and our subsequent failure to qualify are unnecessary, but I do see where he is coming from. When you ask someone not to play a player and they go ahead against your wishes, I can see why it would certainly be irritating. Sean McCaffrey strikes again...

Claret Murph
09/06/2009, 3:30 PM
Lets face it why do you think they call him Colin .................:):):)

Fitzy
09/06/2009, 3:36 PM
This is a very good example of why Warnock is known as "Colin" throughout the world of football. And I say that as a Palace supporter. Scannell only had a hernia operation, he wasn't coming back from a career threatening injury like Terry Dixon. Sean can only benefit from playing against top quality international opposition. Lets hope he continues to develop and the likes of him, Garvan, McCarthy, O'Toole and McCann start knocking on the door of the first team soon.

geysir
09/06/2009, 3:38 PM
He is just crudely saying out loud what any other manager would say face to face with McCaffrey about such a decision.

Deckydee
09/06/2009, 3:42 PM
Granted, Warnock is a clown and his comments saying that he's delighted at the 6-1 defeat and our subsequent failure to qualify are unnecessary, but I do see where he is coming from. When you ask someone not to play a player and they go ahead against your wishes, I can see why it would certainly be irritating. Sean McCaffrey strikes again...

Yep, I agree here

CarrickFan
09/06/2009, 3:54 PM
Maybe ye have a point lads..but IMO it should be an honour for lads to represent Ireland at ANY level and not a chore..i take it the Irish management and the player himself felt he was able to play..if he was out since march these games are valuable for his fitness are they not?...What if Mark Hughes had intervened last weekend and asked that Richard Dunne wasnt played against Bulgaria due to his injury??

centre mid
09/06/2009, 4:00 PM
Neil Warnock does like to spout nonsense about all and sundry. Personnally I was delighted when his Palace side failed to make the play-offs, its serves them right.

Den Perry
09/06/2009, 4:07 PM
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/4427627.Palace_boss_launches_tirade_at_Ireland/

Neil Warnock has launched a scathing attack on the Republic of Ireland after they ignored his calls not to play Sean Scannell in their U19 European Qualifiers this week.

The Crystal Palace winger played the second half of the Republic's 1-0 loss to Belgium on Friday and 78 minutes of their 6-1 defeat to Switzerland on Sunday, scoring a sublime solo consolation effort.

"I am absolutely delighted they aren't through, it serves them right."

But having not played or trained for Palace since the beginning of March, Warnock had asked U19 manager Sean McCaffrey not to risk the 18-year-old picking up further injury and was furious to learn his pleas had gone unheard.

"That's a disgrace when he hasn't played any football," he said.

"They must have been getting hammered and I can't believe he didn't pull him off earlier.

"I'm absolutely disgusted if they lost 6-1 and didn't pull him off after 45 minutes."

Ireland play their final game against Sweden tomorrow but have no chance of going through to July's finals, meaning Scannell will be available for pre-season.

"I am absolutely delighted they aren't through, it serves them right," said Warnock.

"I didn't understand why he was playing for them now."

====

Wouldn't worry too much about it, as no one gives a toss what he thinks

"well If Sean Mccaffrey wanted to "pull me off" after 45 minutes I wouldn't be too happy...

carloz
09/06/2009, 5:58 PM
Yes Warnocks comments are over the top, and he shows himself to be the **** that he is. But anyone can understand his anger here

jbyrne
09/06/2009, 6:03 PM
Yes Warnocks comments are over the top, and he shows himself to be the **** that he is. But anyone can understand his anger here

he wont be too angry when international recognition adds a big value to the player when it comes to selling him to a bigger club

carloz
09/06/2009, 6:06 PM
he wont be too angry when international recognition adds a big value to the player when it comes to selling him to a bigger club

In fairness it would probably do him better to know when his palace players loan agreements run out so he won't be getting the club any more docked points

OwlsFan
10/06/2009, 10:05 AM
Neil Warnock is the biggest pric k in world football...FACT.

Hear, hear although there's an Irishman from Cork who would run him close but we won't go there;)

irishfan86
10/06/2009, 10:06 AM
Hear, hear although there's an Irishman from Cork who would run him close but we won't go there;)

Which one of those are we talking about? :o

SunderlandBohs
10/06/2009, 12:26 PM
You have point Predator but how would Warnock feel if McCaffrey, Trappatoni or whoever had ask him not Scannell for a league match because they want him fit a Ireland game? He'd turn the air blue! I've no problem with players from my team playing for there country and neither should club managers.

Den Perry
10/06/2009, 12:37 PM
What's the whole "Colin" thing about? excuse my ignorance

tetsujin1979
10/06/2009, 12:45 PM
What's the whole "Colin" thing about? excuse my ignorance
rearrange the letters in Neil Warnock and you get Colin W*nker. Hence his nickname Colin

Predator
10/06/2009, 12:52 PM
You have point Predator but how would Warnock feel if McCaffrey, Trappatoni or whoever had ask him not Scannell for a league match because they want him fit a Ireland game? He'd turn the air blue! I've no problem with players from my team playing for there country and neither should club managers.

I agree with you, I feel that playing for your country should be an honour, but the fact remains that international football is not as lucrative as club football is. There is much more at stake for clubs and they need their best players to be available to them when needed. It's unfortunate but true.

soccerc
10/06/2009, 1:29 PM
`1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- +++