PDA

View Full Version : Is Kaka worth 68 Million?

Trainee
09/06/2009, 1:14 PM
Forgottengold.com a gold recycling company have worked out that Real Madrid will pay Ac Milan 44 times Kaka's weight in gold if his 68m transfer goes through this summer. Kaka who is 12 stone and if he was 24-carat gold, he would be worth 1.56m.

John83
09/06/2009, 3:24 PM
To the extent that any player is worth that money, Kaka is.

It's amusing to see the "his weight in gold" cliché actually quantified.

rambler14
09/06/2009, 3:38 PM
Nobody is.

DeLorean
09/06/2009, 3:38 PM
If Kieran Richardson is worth £5m then Kaka is well worth £68m and more. Everything's relative I guess!!

centre mid
09/06/2009, 3:53 PM
Does seem a lot for a 27 year old, whats the sell on value Real are likely to recoup. Added to the fact they have already realised all there assest the last time el presidento tried to build a team of galacticos, they are mortgaged to the hilt as it is.

John83
09/06/2009, 4:18 PM
...they are mortgaged to the hilt as it is.
Really? I thought everything was rosy since they sold their training ground to the government for a couple of hundred million a few years back.

centre mid
09/06/2009, 8:27 PM
Really? I thought everything was rosy since they sold their training ground to the government for a couple of hundred million a few years back.

They used that to fund their previous attempt to take over the workd. I remember the the spanish government bailed them out in the early 90's to the tune of nearly 3/4 of a billion, cant see that happening again soon.

eamo1
09/06/2009, 9:26 PM
And kaka has a nice spin on it saying he left Milan in order to help them,it was all for them he did it for:rolleyes::rolleyes:.
Quality player but hes not better( worth more) then Zidane was IMO.He also isnt a ponce the way Ronaldo is though,should do well there.

John83
09/06/2009, 9:54 PM
They used that to fund their previous attempt to take over the workd. I remember the the spanish government bailed them out in the early 90's to the tune of nearly 3/4 of a billion, cant see that happening again soon.
The training ground thing was 2003. I was just looking it up, and I hadn't realised the scale of their spending since then. Multiple £15M+ transfers every year. Ridiculous.

Scrufil
09/06/2009, 10:45 PM
The price of ink is triple the price of Petrol. It is in todays terms referred to as black gold. I wonder what weight in black Gold is Kaka worth?

I think 68 million is cheap for Kaka. He is worth at least 100 million.

Dodge
09/06/2009, 11:12 PM
He's worth what someone is willing to pay. Junior cert businesss tells you that

Will Real have extra income streams from this signing? Probably. There's been far worse value for money transfer in recent times

Sheridan
09/06/2009, 11:15 PM
He's worth what someone is willing to pay. Junior cert businesss tells you that

Will Real have extra income streams from this signing? Probably. There's been far worse value for money transfer in recent times
Factor in wages, signing fees and agents' fees etc and there's no way they'll recoup the money, so he's not "worth it" in that sense. But that's not their major concern.

dfx-
10/06/2009, 1:56 AM
And still despite Perez 'learning' from the first time, he's going after attackers...

Casillas is worth more than 65m to them..

bennocelt
10/06/2009, 10:36 AM
And still despite Perez 'learning' from the first time, he's going after attackers...

Casillas is worth more than 65m to them..

Yeah agree - kaka is good but def not worth that price but then Madrid are very confident of getting all this money back from the advertising and 50% of his image rights, etc

Dodge
10/06/2009, 10:41 AM
Factor in wages, signing fees and agents' fees etc and there's no way they'll recoup the money, so he's not "worth it" in that sense. But that's not their major concern.

I'd never suggest they would, and obviously its hard to quantify for team sports, but signing Kaka for 65 million may increase their income (bottom line) more than, say, signing Robbie Keane for €20 million.

As you point, of course, that isn't the main reason he signed.

gustavo
12/06/2009, 8:20 AM
Quality player but hes not better( worth more) then Zidane was IMO.He also isnt a ponce the way Ronaldo is though,should do well there.

Zidane did cost more

BrayUnknowns
12/06/2009, 2:37 PM
They reckon Ronaldo will bring in more than 40 million a year in jersey sales alone, i would presume they think Kaka would bring in kind of the same, or at least in or around that.

If they can achieve these figures and win a few titles/cups along the way then both will have been well worth the fees paid.

irishultra
12/06/2009, 3:40 PM
No about 35-40 million euro.

NeilMcD
14/06/2009, 9:54 AM
Beckham was one of the very few players in recent times who was worth every penny that was spent on him as from a business point of view he paid for himself and for others.

Mr Maroon
14/06/2009, 3:17 PM
Soon the question might be "is Ibrahimovic worth 80 million?" :eek:

rambler14
14/06/2009, 4:20 PM
Soon the question might be "is Ibrahimovic worth 80 million?" :eek:

Now that would be the biggest joke ever. The worst player in the world being sold for the price of Ronaldo!