PDA

View Full Version : Glynn to sign

Frank76
08/06/2009, 7:07 PM
Apparently Brendan Place is attempting to sign Derek Glynn from our near neighbours Longford during the transfer window.

Martinho II
08/06/2009, 7:08 PM
Apparently Brendan Place is attempting to sign Derek Glynn from our near neighbours Longford during the transfer window.

where did you hear this frank76??:confused:

Frank76
08/06/2009, 7:30 PM
Apparently he's not happy with the way things are going with Longford and that he has an option to leave during the transfer window.

Place is apparently really interested in him but there's sure to be others in for him as well. But he's really good friends with Kevin Williamson who plays for us and played with Glynn while at Galway so hopefully he'll have a few words with him!!

RonnieB
08/06/2009, 7:40 PM
He hasn't killed himself on the pitch this season anyway.

Longfordian
08/06/2009, 7:40 PM
I doubt it was put in his contract that he could go in July you never know I suppose but it seems unlikely. We'd be entitled to money for him. He hasn't really been pulling up any trees over here but then who has?.

Frank76
08/06/2009, 7:43 PM
Well not sure what way his contract is but we lost 2 players during the transfer window last year for nothing and I seem to remember Iarfhlaith Davoren leaving you for Galway during the window last year and don't remember hearing of ye getting money for him.

Longfordian
08/06/2009, 9:11 PM
If he went two consecutive weeks without being paid he could walk but as far as I'm aware he hasn't as yet. That was how Davoren left for nothing and probably the same story with your players or else they may have only had short term deals.

Demoshield
08/06/2009, 9:46 PM
Apparently he's not happy with the way things are going with Longford and that he has an option to leave during the transfer window.

Place is apparently really interested in him but there's sure to be others in for him as well. But he's really good friends with Kevin Williamson who plays for us and played with Glynn while at Galway so hopefully he'll have a few words with him!!

Kevin Williamson was gone out of Galway 2 years before Glynn arrived!! At least get your facts right when embellishing your stories:;)

gufc2000
08/06/2009, 9:54 PM
Ya Williamson played with us back in 03/04 I'd say, Definitely wasn't there from start of 2006 anyways

Frank76
08/06/2009, 10:28 PM
They may ot of played on same teams while there but they are good mates according to one of our own local players.

Tallanted
08/06/2009, 11:16 PM
Davoren went before the window his contract was cancelled as far as i am aware

Ash
09/06/2009, 11:12 AM
Davoren went before the window his contract was cancelled as far as i am aware

As far as I remember Iarflaith had his contract cancelled as he was in college in
Galway and wanted to concentrate on his Masters. He said that football was
affecting his studies so Longford let him go so he could spend time at that ...
but then he joined Galway as soon as the ink had dried on his release

Unfortunately for Longford they thought he meant football in general and let him
go thinking he was packing it in ... but he really meant that Longfords unique brand
was wrecked his head and he wanted a way out, for free so his wording was altered
to suit.

eamo1
09/06/2009, 11:17 AM
One of ye said that he wasnt working hard for ye on the pitch.He never worked hard on the pitch for us(Galway) either.He is an out and out finisher but doesnt work.Think of him as the total opposite to Dirk Kuyt at Liverpool:).

gufc2000
09/06/2009, 8:02 PM
One of ye said that he wasnt working hard for ye on the pitch.He never worked hard on the pitch for us(Galway) either.He is an out and out finisher but doesnt work.Think of him as the total opposite to Dirk Kuyt at Liverpool:).
A berbatov type of player, but much faster and probably more prolific aswell

Town Legend
14/06/2009, 10:49 AM
I'd be very surprised if Glynn left to join Athlone.

Martinho II
15/06/2009, 7:39 PM
I'd be very surprised if Glynn left to join Athlone.

after the way glynn played yesterday and the way that he was frustrating gareth cronin on the touchline I wouldnt!:)

Town Legend
15/06/2009, 9:24 PM
after the way glynn played yesterday and the way that he was frustrating gareth cronin on the touchline I wouldnt!:)

Has he really been that bad Marty? Was expecting him to be a bright spark in the team this season from what I heard from some Galway fans.

Martinho II
16/06/2009, 7:08 PM
Has he really been that bad Marty? Was expecting him to be a bright spark in the team this season from what I heard from some Galway fans.

yep. He hasnt being consistent enough for my own liking town legend. He plays too much for himself and NOT the team.

Tallanted
16/06/2009, 7:16 PM
Unless your playin ball to his feet he is useless to the team, he has proved with us that he can hit the net when the chance comes along. He isn't a work horse and that certainly didn't impress cronin.