PDA

View Full Version : Fm 2010

gufc2000
07/06/2009, 10:08 PM
Is there anyone who controls the Irish database for new FM games? It might be no harm if we put a few suggestions if there was to improve the Irish side of it

Rovers1
07/06/2009, 10:31 PM
According to the game credits its a guy called Mark Hill. On the SI forum, theres a thread where you can go to tell the researchers of any changes at your club.

niallsparky
08/06/2009, 11:47 AM
I'm head tester for the League of Ireland for FM2010. I'm in fairly regular contact with Mark about Irish data too. Any suggestion you could post here would be much appreciated, I'll try to get them included. Thanks, Niall.

gustavo
08/06/2009, 1:52 PM
Have they got that Work Permit thing sorted out ? I remember trying to re - sign Adam Hughes for Rovers in FM 08 but I couldn't because he couldn't get a work permit which as far as I'm aware isn't really a concern in this country

Rovers fan
08/06/2009, 3:07 PM
One thing that annoys me is attendances. Even when I'm doing well with sligo rovers, my crowds tend to be the lowest in the league (bar UCD). In reality we have higher crowds than the likes of galway, bray, drogheda and maybe 1 or 2 others. In general though, the attendances seem to be a bit skewed, not just for us. I know it's not a big thing but still.....

gufc2000
08/06/2009, 5:02 PM
One thing that annoys me is attendances. Even when I'm doing well with sligo rovers, my crowds tend to be the lowest in the league (bar UCD). In reality we have higher crowds than the likes of galway, bray, drogheda and maybe 1 or 2 others. In general though, the attendances seem to be a bit skewed, not just for us. I know it's not a big thing but still.....
That happened me with Galway, my first year got attendances of 1200/1500 but I'm in my fifth season now, and the crowds have reached around 4000 average. Its all down to success really, and I won two titles so thats when the crowds started gathering

Perhaps the 'A' Championship could be incorporated into this, and make it like real life?

niallsparky
08/06/2009, 7:24 PM
Perhaps the 'A' Championship could be incorporated into this, and make it like real life?

We've been pressing for this but SI aren't really very enthusiastic about it. It would take a good bit of coding and they don't feel that it's really worth it.

Attendances I'm fairly sure are taken from the attendances thread on foot.ie. During the testing, I'll have a look at some of the attendances that are coming up and suggest changes if appropriate.

Rovers1
08/06/2009, 9:36 PM
The LoI non-playing staff in FM need a serious look at too.

gufc2000
08/06/2009, 9:52 PM
We've been pressing for this but SI aren't really very enthusiastic about it. It would take a good bit of coding and they don't feel that it's really worth it.

Attendances I'm fairly sure are taken from the attendances thread on foot.ie. During the testing, I'll have a look at some of the attendances that are coming up and suggest changes if appropriate.
Thats a shame, it would have added a real bonus to the Irish users.

Perhaps when it comes closer to the time, users from all clubs should post their club details, like players, staff, directors, stadium capacities, fierce rivals, favoured personnel

niallsparky
09/06/2009, 11:05 AM
Perhaps when it comes closer to the time, users from all clubs should post their club details, like players, staff, directors, stadium capacities, fierce rivals, favoured personnel

Absolutely. It would be a great help.

Dundalkjames
09/06/2009, 11:54 AM
put in player pics and crests!

DmanDmythDledge
09/06/2009, 12:04 PM
A lot of people have already done that on the thread in the sports interactive forum (at least clubs who have a researcher). Galway have a researcher already if you are wondering.

put in player pics and crests!
All that stuff is licensed. But can be easily added yourself.

Niallsparky did a facepack for the League of Ireland. It's posted on here. It's really good.

Crests can be downloaded and put into the game from loads of sources. If you do a search on the gaming forum here you will find links.

gufc2000
10/06/2009, 6:49 PM
When is the deadline for submitting this new data?

DmanDmythDledge
10/06/2009, 6:55 PM
When is the deadline for submitting this new data?
Think it's around August/September. The main research has not begun but there is constant feedback from gamers since FM09 was released. Head researcher asked a while ago for basic information. I've been busy so just sent out squad with DOBs etc but will hopefully get more involved soon and maybe do research for another club. Best thing for you do to is to pass on what ever mistakes you notice to the Galway researcher (I'll PM you about that).

Also would be handy to register on SI forums and contribute to this thread.
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3281315#post3281315