PDA

View Full Version : McShane Worry !

Scram
04/06/2009, 10:45 AM
Worry Over McShane (http://breakingnews.ie/sport/mcshane-worry-for-trap-413478.html)

I'm not sure if Trappatoni's worry is that he will or won't be fit for selection!

Was watching him at half time in the Nigeria game and even in the kickaround his touch was awful. I like the guys attitude and commitment but jayz he's dangerous!

rambler14
04/06/2009, 11:12 AM
Hopefully he's not alright!....the mans a walking disaster.

amaccann
04/06/2009, 11:53 AM
I'm still torn as to whether he's still raw or just a total donkey & no amount of time will mould him, but at this moment in time he's too much of a liability to see on the teamsheet for Sofia.

Sligo Hornet
04/06/2009, 12:01 PM
I'm still torn as to whether he's still raw or just a total donkey & no amount of time will mould him, but at this moment in time he's too much of a liability to see on the teamsheet for Sofia.

http://i42.tinypic.com/k12err.jpg

shakermaker1982
04/06/2009, 12:05 PM
he's no right back but he could do a job for us at centre back. Let's get behind our players instead of kicking them when they are down!

Drumcondra 69er
04/06/2009, 1:17 PM
he's no right back but he could do a job for us at centre back. Let's get behind our players instead of kicking them when they are down!

A poor job maybe. Lighten up, we'd never have any debate on players if we weren't allowed express an opinion on a message board. It's not the same as getting on his back at a game. I'be be far happier with St Ledger at the back and make no apologies for it but if McShane was to play he'd get my full support.

Scram
04/06/2009, 1:58 PM

Much prefer him at Centre. A disaster when out on the wing.

Drumcondra 69er
04/06/2009, 2:48 PM
Much prefer him at Centre. A disaster when out on the wing.

I'd agree in general but funnily enough, the only time he's looked comfortable in the Premier League was at right back for Hull first half of this season. Odd that....

DeLorean
04/06/2009, 3:35 PM
I'd prefer him right back than in the centre. Not so much because he's better there just there's a better chance we wouldn't concede from a mistake in that position. I wouldn't write him off completely, he was adequate at Hull and good at West Brom. Defenders get better with age and he's still relatively young. Hopefully he can find the right environment to improve. At the moment though seeing him on an Irish team sheet sends shivers down my spine alright.

irishfan86
04/06/2009, 6:39 PM
I don't wish injury on him, and think he should be in the squad as our fourth choice centre-half, and EMERGENCY right-full.

But, if injury is the only way Trap will leave him out of the XI, I may have to bend my principles a little...

Paddy Garcia
04/06/2009, 6:56 PM
Water carrier should be ok.

FarBeag
04/06/2009, 7:41 PM
Hope he is ok but never gets near that pitch except for a kick about at half time.

amaccann
04/06/2009, 10:02 PM
I am 100% behind the players, no question. But you just can't paper over McShane's very obvious limitations as a player. At best he's a squad member, not a first choice pick each match.