PDA

View Full Version : The piano man

peadar1987
03/06/2009, 5:40 PM
Is anyone else thinking we should adopt this as an anthem, as a tribute to the legendary Mr. Byrne?! I think it'd sound great!

For the words, I'm sure someone could think of better ones than me, but for what it's worth, here's my effort:

Score us a goal, you're the Wanderers
Score us a goal tonight
Because we're all in the mood for a victory
And Dundalk FC are ****e

Obviously replacing Dundalk with whoever we happened to be playing that week.

Green&whitearmy
03/06/2009, 8:07 PM
oh thats very good and could catch on quickly.

Dunny
03/06/2009, 8:09 PM
I'm not being smart but will there be enough of you's up to sing it? As in the away support could actually hear it...

KR's Post
03/06/2009, 9:13 PM
I'm not being smart but will there be enough of you's up to sing it? As in the away support could actually hear it...

Dn't get bitter now just beacuse he said Dundalk. Doesn't matter how many are there or whether the Dundalk Fans or players hear it. Once the Bray Players no there is support there, they'll appreciate it. Always have, always will!

Dunny
03/06/2009, 9:18 PM
Dn't get bitter now just beacuse he said Dundalk. Doesn't matter how many are there or whether the Dundalk Fans or players hear it. Once the Bray Players no there is support there, they'll appreciate it. Always have, always will!

I heard alot worse than "Dundalk are sh*te" in my time, it would take alot more than that to make any of us bitter..:D Will there be much support there?

peadar1987
03/06/2009, 10:40 PM
I only put in Dundalk because they're our next fixture, nothing personal! If it makes you feel any better, I originally though of it with "Drogheda United", it fits the rythym better as well! :)

You'd be amazed at the amount of noise even 40 people can make, look at Derry's mental away supporters, even without their annoying megaphone!

I think if everyone could join in it could create a great atmosphere, start off with a "woooah", then the Na-na-na-na-nana part, so peope know what's coming, then everyone can launch into the chorus.

Heavily influenced by Stoke City's Delilah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPsJf2X5Dc0&feature=related)!

Hulsey
04/06/2009, 12:32 AM
Is anyone else thinking we should adopt this as an anthem, as a tribute to the legendary Mr. Byrne?! I think it'd sound great!

For the words, I'm sure someone could think of better ones than me, but for what it's worth, here's my effort:

Score us a goal, you're the Wanderers
Score us a goal tonight
And Dundalk FC are ****e

Obviously replacing Dundalk with whoever we happened to be playing that week.

Was thinking we should try something like that myself. Why not make it a Paul Byrne song, something along the lines of:
Score us a goal, you're our target man
Score us a goal tonight
And Paul Byrne will get it tonight
or
We've got Billy Joel up front

peadar1987
04/06/2009, 7:53 AM
Was thinking we should try something like that myself. Why not make it a Paul Byrne song, something along the lines of:
Score us a goal, you're our target man
Score us a goal tonight
And Paul Byrne will get it tonight
or

I was thinking of trying to make up some Paul Byrne words to it, but the problem is if he moves on we'll have to stop singing it, and I quite like the song! :D Very selfish of me, I know!

Hulsey
04/06/2009, 11:51 AM
I was thinking of trying to make up some Paul Byrne words to it, but the problem is if he moves on we'll have to stop singing it, and I quite like the song! :D Very selfish of me, I know!

Just do what we always do and just change the name and have a "new" song for someone else.

peadar1987
13/06/2009, 1:01 PM
If it didn't get sung after Paul Byrne scored, I don't think it ever will. :(

Was worth a try though!