PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid for Tallafornia

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

stojkovic
01/06/2009, 8:08 PM
Heard a rumour Madrid to play Rovers in July !!!!

pineapple stu
01/06/2009, 8:10 PM
Florentino Perez presumably stood on the terraces at Milltown as a boy?

Hairy Bowsie
01/06/2009, 8:11 PM
I heard a rumour that if you feed pidgeons buttered bread they turn into seagulls.

Who's next?

Sheridan
01/06/2009, 8:16 PM
The SDCC Stadium is truly a magical place, it's like the Tardis. Even when we know for a FACT that it's full, there's still clearly room for another 1,000 patrons.

And I suppose Kildare County do look a bit like Real Madrid if you wish hard enough and squint.

Réiteoir
01/06/2009, 8:24 PM
Didn't you know Sheridan - it's "Dress Like A Seat Month" down there at the moment

dancinpants
01/06/2009, 8:27 PM
didn't you know sheridan - it's "dress like a seat month" down there at the moment

lmao :d

SkStu
01/06/2009, 8:31 PM
Florentino Perez presumably stood on the terraces at Milltown as a boy?

he was one of the "grown men" who stormed the Dalymount shed back in the 90's. FACT.

Dunny
01/06/2009, 8:32 PM
Didn't you know Sheridan - it's "Dress Like A Seat Month" down there at the moment

Probably. Considering most of the seats have probably been ripped up by now.

PartySaint
01/06/2009, 8:44 PM
Probably. Considering most of the seats have probably been ripped up by now.

No i think they are waiting for you lot to that that tomorrow night;)

Dunny
01/06/2009, 8:45 PM
Ah come on now, you call that a dig?:D

HulaHoop
01/06/2009, 8:45 PM
The SDCC Stadium is truly a magical place, it's like the Tardis. Even when we know for a FACT that it's full, there's still clearly room for another 1,000 patrons.

And I suppose Kildare County do look a bit like Real Madrid if you wish hard enough and squint.

You're obviously not intelligent enough to know what a sell out is as opposed to a full house.

Six of the seven league games in Tallaght have been a sell out. If only 90% of season ticket holders turn up on the night there will be 250 empty seats despite being a sell out. Not exactly rocket science but then again what would a Dublin City fan know about sell outs, full houses and season ticket holders :p

Black and White
01/06/2009, 8:50 PM

Havn't you heard, Kildare County are the Real Mardid of the league, where Real Madrid sign the best players about, Kildare County sign the worst players about!:D

placid casual
01/06/2009, 8:57 PM
Forever in our shadow.:ball:

peadar1987
01/06/2009, 9:20 PM

Kildare would also be destroyed over 2 legs by Liverpool!

sheao
01/06/2009, 9:30 PM
I wonder where you heard that from!

Guts&Glory
01/06/2009, 9:31 PM
You're obviously not intelligent enough to know what a sell out is as opposed to a full house.

Six of the seven league games in Tallaght have been a sell out. If only 90% of season ticket holders turn up on the night there will be 250 empty seats despite being a sell out. Not exactly rocket science but then again what would a Dublin City fan know about sell outs, full houses and season ticket holders :p

If that is the case HulaHoop do you not feel that 250 or so Season Ticket holders is a fairly big number not to be using their ticket at home games ?

Could the reverse not also be true, all the season ticket holders go to the games and the others are floating attendees who pick and choose their games? (eg Bohs at Tallaght there with bells on Dorgheda at home - couldn't be arsed)

or on the other hand the novelty has worn off and the attendance is levelling out as one would expect.

Given the second stand is nearly finished will ye really need it after all?

Red&White Rover
01/06/2009, 11:07 PM
Big coup for Real there.

MeathDrog
01/06/2009, 11:13 PM
I can't wait for it. The biggest team in Spain playing the biggest team in Tallaght.

peadar1987
01/06/2009, 11:22 PM
I thought Thomas Davis GAA Club were the biggest team in Tallaght. Shams are only the biggest English team in Tallaght. ;)

WoodquayBoy
01/06/2009, 11:29 PM
No i think they are waiting for you lot to that that tomorrow night;)
Nah, Dundalk fans have progressed from ripping up seats, thwy now burn down things, and assault small pockets of opposition fans before legging it back onto a mini-bus parked at the ground, thus rendering attempts by Dundalk officials to identify assailants - the people who drag the name of the club through the gutter - well nigh impossible

HulaHoop
01/06/2009, 11:38 PM
If that is the case HulaHoop do you not feel that 250 or so Season Ticket holders is a fairly big number not to be using their ticket at home games ?

Could the reverse not also be true, all the season ticket holders go to the games and the others are floating attendees who pick and choose their games? (eg Bohs at Tallaght there with bells on Dorgheda at home - couldn't be arsed)

or on the other hand the novelty has worn off and the attendance is levelling out as one would expect.

Given the second stand is nearly finished will ye really need it after all?

We have approx 2500 season tickets I believe. If just 10% of those don't turn up that's 250 empty seats. 6 of the 7 league games have been sell outs days in advance as in we have had to turn people away at most games so yes the second stand is very necessary. No doubt the novelty factor will wear off but when the second stand is complete I think we will average around 4500, filling it (7000) for big games and getting 3-4000 for the run of the mill games.

Rovers1
01/06/2009, 11:48 PM
when the second stand is complete I think we will average around 4500, filling it (7000) for big games and getting 3-4000 for the run of the mill games.

No offence Sir, but i somehow doubt it. You did'nt sell out Drogs, plenty of empty seats by the looks of RTE, doubt you'd get 3/4,000 the 'run of the mill' games eg Drogs, Rovers etc.

dcfcsteve
02/06/2009, 12:01 AM
We have approx 2500 season tickets I believe. If just 10% of those don't turn up that's 250 empty seats. 6 of the 7 league games have been sell outs days in advance as in we have had to turn people away at most games so yes the second stand is very necessary. No doubt the novelty factor will wear off but when the second stand is complete I think we will average around 4500, filling it (7000) for big games and getting 3-4000 for the run of the mill games.

You won't be getting an average of 4,500 any time soon - unless you're genuinely competing for the title.

And even then - you'll get that type of attendance towards the end of the season, not throughout.

I'd suspect the last time an LOI club averaged that sort of figure across an entire season was Derry City about 15 years ago. Maybe also Rovers at the RDS - largely because your early crowds there were big enough to make up for the inevitable tail-off that happened later that season.

HulaHoop
02/06/2009, 12:03 AM
No offence Sir, but i somehow doubt it. You did'nt sell out Drogs, plenty of empty seats by the looks of RTE, doubt you'd get 3/4,000 the 'run of the mill' games eg Drogs, Rovers etc.

150 tickets left unsold out of 3300 capacity. An attendance of around 2800 on a June bank holiday weekend against the bottom team in the league is pretty good. When the east stand opens we will have the room to do all sorts of promotions and offers to get the attendances up.

RoversHead
02/06/2009, 12:52 AM
Feeling the bitterness and loving every minute:DTwo Louth teams in four days ,just aswell were away on friday gives us time to steam clean the stadium.

eamo1
02/06/2009, 12:56 AM
"All sorts of promotions"-a rumour spreading that Madrid are coming to town sounds like an excellent "promotion" for the club.Gets ppl talking anyway:p
Seriously,have you a source for this rumour??

RoversHead
02/06/2009, 1:00 AM
I thought Thomas Davis GAA Club were the biggest team in Tallaght. ;)
So did they,Last man standing:D

Mr Maroon
02/06/2009, 1:10 AM

Real Madrid will be in Canada in July. :)

dfx-
02/06/2009, 5:09 AM
Real Madrid will be in Canada in July. :)

Exactly. No reason why Rovers should be aiming that low anyway :)

Mayo Red
02/06/2009, 7:47 AM

Ya, it's great because you can even wear whatever colour you like and still match the decor!!;)

rerun
02/06/2009, 8:59 AM
I can't wait for it. The biggest team in Spain playing the biggest team in Tallaght.

...with apologies to Barcelona and Marks' Celtic...

mandrake
02/06/2009, 9:17 AM
Feeling the bitterness and loving every minute:DTwo Louth teams in four days ,just aswell were away on friday gives us time to steam clean the stadium.

Oi dont be cheeky....at least you dont have to fix broken windows etc etc...

The Betting Man
02/06/2009, 9:46 AM
I heard thats what swung it for Florentino Perez, he told his fellow members that if he gets in he can promise that Shamrock Rovers will play Real Madrid,so they all voted for Perez

prince20
02/06/2009, 9:49 AM
Guys...you may have to eat your words. This game is in the process of being arranged. Whether it gets the definite go ahead or not im not sure but there is a certain guy involved in arranging the game who is not held in high regard in Abbotstown and this may prove to be a major stumbling block.

jimhacker
02/06/2009, 10:22 AM
but there is a certain guy involved in arranging the game who is not held in high regard in Abbotstown and this may prove to be a major stumbling block.

Tom Coughlan?

Surely not!

pete
02/06/2009, 10:35 AM
Could Rovers not get Barcelona?

Rovers1
02/06/2009, 10:37 AM
It's in The Star and all over the radio stations:confused:

RoversHead
02/06/2009, 10:44 AM
Several super powers of world football will be entertained in Tallaghtfornia at under age leval over the next two summers,We are working on a huge senior game to open the new stand end of august ,both Madrid clubs have expressed an intrest as have AC Milan.We have built good relationships at schoolboy leval with these clubs over the past few years and now that we have a stadium beside excellent hotel facilities we can make the next step.How to run a football club properly what can I say.:D

pól-dcfc
02/06/2009, 10:49 AM
...with apologies to Barcelona...

Catalunya is not Spain!

RoversHead
02/06/2009, 10:54 AM
Catalunya is not Spain!
+1 but its just as nice

Dodge
02/06/2009, 10:56 AM
Catalunya is not Spain!

And Derry is not....

ah its too easy

pól-dcfc
02/06/2009, 11:03 AM
And Derry is not....

....Britain

;)

5ForKeeps
02/06/2009, 12:50 PM
Too right Catalunya is not Spain
Derry is not Britain and...

As Scousers say; We are not English, We are Scouse!!

Mr A
02/06/2009, 1:03 PM
Too right Catalunya is not Spain
Derry is not Britain and...

As Scousers say; We are not English, We are Scouse!!

Not Spanish, British, English?

Perhaps.

Shower of Hoorbags?

Certainly.

joema
02/06/2009, 1:04 PM
I believe this to be true.

Fairplay Shamrock Rovers!:ball:

Dunny
02/06/2009, 1:24 PM

Well that's a lie right there, people from Tallaght with the qualifications to operate a steam cleaner? Yea right!;)

rerun
02/06/2009, 2:51 PM
Catalunya is not Spain!

I never said it was, but they do play in the LFP, ergo...the best team in Spain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_liga

:)

howsyourtouch
02/06/2009, 3:35 PM
i think youll find it is in spain,all the top players from there decide to play with spain rather than line out for their own "national" side and compete in the non-fifa recognised competions around the world,like the sami from finland etc...

Drogman.
02/06/2009, 3:43 PM
I have to laugh at the people here who like to put down the optimism of Rovers.

After visiting on Saturday, even if the game wasn't a sell out, there was a great buzz around the ground before the game and in the Maldron hotel bar as well.

For me, the one stand in Tallaght pis*es all over every other LOI ground with the possible exception of Turners Cross.
It was nice and tidy, organised to get in and out, what more would you want??

I hope Rovers do get the rest of it finished and get the crowds as it'll be my favourite ground to visit for many years.

SkStu
02/06/2009, 3:46 PM
I have to laugh at the people here who like to put down the optimism of Rovers.

After visiting on Saturday, even if the game wasn't a sell out, there was a great buzz around the ground before the game and in the Maldron hotel bar as well.

For me, the one stand in Tallaght pis*es all over every other LOI ground with the possible exception of Turners Cross.
It was nice and tidy, organised to get in and out, what more would you want??

I hope Rovers do get the rest of it finished and get the crowds as it'll be my favourite ground to visit for many years.

SDCC you mean? :confused: :p